1. Who is Celie writing to in the novel?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
2. How old is Celie the first time her father sexually assaults her?
3. How does Celie’s mother die?
(a) She dies due to childbirth complications.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She accidentally drowns in the river.
(d) Her husband murders her.
4. Who is the father’s of Celie’s baby?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) She doesn't know.
5. What is the name of Celie’s sister?
6. What does Celie call her father?
(d) The Devil.
7. What bothers Celie about her father’s new wife?
(a) She is not religious.
(b) She has a shrieking voice.
(c) She is physically affectionate.
(d) She is not a good cook.
8. What does Celie’s father think she did church, leading to a terrible beating?
(a) Bad mouth him.
(b) Laugh at the choir.
(c) Wink at a boy.
(d) Shakes the preacher’s hand.
This section contains 4,602 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)