|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught James to drive?
(b) His grandfather
(c) His friends
2. What state is Andrew originally from?
(b) North Carolina
(c) New York
(d) South Carolina
3. Who was James named after?
(a) James Dean
(b) James Brown
(c) Andrew's Uncle Jim
(d) Jimmy White
4. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(b) A Godly spirit
(c) One of God's orginal angels
(d) The original founder of the church
5. What type of cancer is Ruth diagnosed with in this chapter?
(a) Bowel cancer
(b) Skin cancer
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Nostril cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth receive a degree in?
2. What does James force his mother to do in this chapter?
3. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
4. What kind of church is the Suffolk High School graduation ceremony held in?
5. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James later learn about his mother's driving skills?
2. What does Aubrey Rubenstein tell James in Chapter 22?
3. Describe the time James tried to teach his mother how to drive.
4. How does Ruth cope with her abortion?
5. Describe the character of Andrew.
6. What problems does James say he had as a child of mixed race?
7. In what way does James think his mother is a success?
8. Describe the blood sacrifice of a chicken.
9. Why does Ruth struggle to find a place she wants to be buried?
10. In what way does James' life take a turn for the better in Delaware?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)