|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Ruth to Harlem?
2. Who advises Ruth to marry Hunter Jordan?
(b) Andrew's parents
(c) Her father
3. Who tells Ruth's mother about her own mother's death?
(a) Aunt Mary
(b) Ruth's father
4. What does Ruth decide she will never do again in this chapter?
(c) Play the piano
5. Where does Ruth attend high school?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruth phone in this chapter?
2. Whose educations and careers does James list in this chapter?
3. What state is Andrew originally from?
4. What is Ernie Santosuosso's job on the newspaper?
5. Where does Ruth move to after Delaware?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Ruth and Andrew become more involved in religion in Chapter 23?
2. What problems do Ruth and Andrew have getting married?
3. In what way does James' life take a turn for the better in Delaware?
4. Why does Ruth struggle to find a place she wants to be buried?
5. How does Ruth's relationship with Andrew affect her family life?
6. Describe the blood sacrifice of a chicken.
7. How is Delaware different from New York?
8. Describe Andrew and Ruth's relationship.
9. Describe the time James tried to teach his mother how to drive.
10. How does James feel about his father?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)