|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth's job at the bank?
(a) A cleaner
(b) A typist
(c) A clerk
(d) A manager
2. What language can Ruth speak as well as English?
3. What color does one of James' brother's decide he wants to be?
4. What war does Sam fight in?
(a) World War I
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Korean War
(d) World War II
5. Who is the first person to find out about Ruth's pregnancy?
(b) Her mother
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the muggers spill on the sidewalk?
2. What does Ruth say God is the color of?
3. How does Frances show her support for Ruth at dinner?
4. Who does Ruth steal money from?
5. What does Ruth drop behind the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ruth's parents.
2. In what way was church always a joyous affair for both James and his mother?
3. What incident confirms to James that the color of his mother's skin puts her in danger?
4. Why does James hit the boy he meets on the bus?
5. What happens to James when his mother forgets to pick him up from kindergarten?
6. How does the 1960s black power affect James in Chapter 3?
7. Why is music important to James?
8. How does Ruth react to Hunter Jordan's death?
9. Describe Sam's life.
10. What is the state of black people's lives in the 1930s?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)