|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rocky send Ruth?
(b) A pram
(d) A voodoo doll
2. Where does Ruth get a job when she returns to New York?
(a) A plastic factory
(b) A cafe
(c) A glass factory
(d) A bank
3. Why does Ruth not go to Irene's funeral?
(a) She is done with funerals
(b) She does not like Irene's family
(c) It is not in a Jewish church
(d) She is banned from the service
4. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
(a) Jordan Freda McBride
(b) Ruth Deborah Shilsky
(c) Ruth McBride Jordan
(d) Rachel Deborah Shilsky
5. Who does Ruth meet outside the church?
(a) Her father
(d) Her mother
6. What state does Ruth live in at the time of the church's 40th anniversary?
(a) New Jersey
(c) New York
7. Who was Halina hiding from in 1942?
(a) The communists
(b) The Nazis
(c) The British
(d) Her parents
8. Who needs to dissolve Ruth's parent's marriage?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A priest
(c) A rabbi
(d) Their parents
9. What is the name of Ruth's younger sister in this chapter?
(d) Dee Dee
10. What religion is Halina Wind?
11. What kind of career did Andrew want to pursue in New York?
12. What was the the name of the song Ruth's mother sang to the birds?
(a) Birdie, birdie, fly away
(b) Free as a Bird
(d) Lovely, lovely come to mummy
13. Who taught James to drive?
(a) His friends
(b) His grandfather
14. Where did Ruth formerly drive her father's car?
(b) New York
(c) North Carolina
15. Where country is Halina from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
2. Which of Ruth's siblings lives in Brooklyn?
3. Who advises Ruth to marry Hunter Jordan?
4. What does Ruth say about Suffolk?
5. Who dies at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)