|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weather is it on the day on the wedding?
2. Who needs to dissolve Ruth's parent's marriage?
(a) Their parents
(b) A rabbi
(c) A priest
(d) A lawyer
3. Who does Ruth stay with when she goes back to New York?
(a) Andrew McBride
(b) Her Uncle Theodore
(c) Her Aunt Mary
(d) Her grandmother
4. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
(a) Andrew McBride
(b) Harper Davis
(c) Jason Horace
(d) Junior Browne
5. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
(a) Reverend White
(b) Reverend Brown
(c) Reverend Lucas
(d) Reverend Formby
6. Who was Halina hiding from in 1942?
(a) The British
(b) The Nazis
(c) Her parents
(d) The communists
7. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
(a) Bread crumbs
(b) Chicken meat
(c) Fish food
8. Why does Ruth not go to Irene's funeral?
(a) She is done with funerals
(b) It is not in a Jewish church
(c) She does not like Irene's family
(d) She is banned from the service
9. Where does Ruth move to after Delaware?
(c) New Jersey
10. Who does Ruth meet outside the church?
(a) Her father
(d) Her mother
11. What part of New York is Ruth's mother's hospital?
(d) The Bronx
12. Where does James stay the night in this chapter?
(a) A motel
(b) At a bar
(c) In the park
(d) Aubrey's house
13. What is James' role at David's wedding?
(a) Best man
(c) Page boy
14. What state does Ruth live in at the time of the church's 40th anniversary?
(a) New York
(d) New Jersey
15. What university does Ruth attend?
(a) New York University
(b) Chicago University
(d) Temple University
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ruth's manager?
2. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
3. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
4. What does Ruth decide she will never do again in this chapter?
5. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)