|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was James named after?
(a) Jimmy White
(b) Andrew's Uncle Jim
(c) James Brown
(d) James Dean
2. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
(a) Harlem Jazz Club
(b) Ruth's father's store
(c) The New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
(d) The Jewish religion
3. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
(a) Ruth McBride
(b) James McBride
(c) Andrew McBride
(d) Dennis McBride
4. What draws Ruth to Harlem?
5. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(b) Uncle Sam's
(c) His grandfather's
(d) His father's
6. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
(a) A war memorial
(b) An ice cream factory
(c) A synagogue
(d) A temple
7. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
(a) Ruth Deborah Shilsky
(b) Rachel Deborah Shilsky
(c) Jordan Freda McBride
(d) Ruth McBride Jordan
8. What is the name of Ruth's manager?
9. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
(b) Chicken meat
(c) Fish food
(d) Bread crumbs
10. Who does Ruth phone in this chapter?
(a) Aunt Mary
(b) Her mother
11. What is the name of the man whose father took over the Shilski's store?
(a) Jack Goldburg
(b) Aubrey Rubenstain
(c) Simon Cornfield
(d) Alan Harper
12. Which of the following of Ruth's children do not go to Suffolk with her?
13. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her mother
(d) Aunt Mary
14. What is the name of Ruth's younger sister in this chapter?
(c) Dee Dee
15. Whose educations and careers does James list in this chapter?
(a) James' school friends
(b) Ruth's children
(c) James' children
(d) Ruth's Polish famiily
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of instrument does Andrew play?
2. What does Ruth say about Suffolk?
3. Where does Ruth's father go to get divorce papers?
4. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
5. Where does Ruth move to after Delaware?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)