|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth phone in this chapter?
(b) Aunt Mary
(d) Her mother
2. Which of the following of Ruth's children do not go to Suffolk with her?
3. Where does Ruth's father spend his weekends?
(a) At the beach
(b) In Miami
(c) At the casino
(d) At his girlfriend's
4. What kind of career did Andrew want to pursue in New York?
5. What does Rocky send Ruth?
(a) A voodoo doll
(d) A pram
6. What does James teach his mother in this chapter?
(a) How to play the piano
(b) How to sing
(c) How to roll a joint
(d) How to drive
7. What does James force his mother to do in this chapter?
(a) Go for a run
(b) Buy a car
(c) Play the piano
(d) Write her will
8. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
(a) The Los Angeles Times
(b) The Boston Chronicle
(c) The New York Times
(d) The Boston Globe
9. Where do Ruth and Andrew apply for a new house?
(c) The Bronx
10. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
(a) Andrew McBride
(b) James McBride
(c) Ruth McBride
(d) Dennis McBride
11. What do Ruth and Andrew decide to do in this chapter?
(a) Get married
(b) Build a house
(c) Have a child
(d) Move to Delaware
12. What kind of weather is it on the day on the wedding?
13. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(a) His grandfather's
(b) Uncle Sam's
(c) His father's
14. What was the the name of the song Ruth's mother sang to the birds?
(a) Lovely, lovely come to mummy
(b) Free as a Bird
(d) Birdie, birdie, fly away
15. What is James' girlfriend's job?
(c) Pool shark
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
2. What kind of job does Ruth find in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
4. Where does James stay the night in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)