|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernie Santosuosso's job on the newspaper?
(a) Sports reporter
(b) Film critic
(c) Jazz critic
2. What is the name of Halina's son?
3. What part of New York is Ruth's mother's hospital?
(a) The Bronx
4. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
5. Who tells Ruth's mother about her own mother's death?
(b) Aunt Mary
(c) Ruth's father
6. What does James wear for the wedding?
(a) Shorts and a t-shirt
(b) Jeans and a jumper
(c) An Italian designer suit
(d) A black tuxedo
7. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
(a) The Boston Chronicle
(b) The Los Angeles Times
(c) The Boston Globe
(d) The New York Times
8. Who does James take his mother to see in this chapter?
(c) Her father
9. Whose educations and careers does James list in this chapter?
(a) Ruth's children
(b) Ruth's Polish famiily
(c) James' children
(d) James' school friends
10. Who was James named after?
(a) Jimmy White
(b) James Brown
(c) Andrew's Uncle Jim
(d) James Dean
11. Where does Ruth find a job in this chapter?
(a) A bank
(b) A gym
(c) A restaurant
(d) A diner
12. Who advises Ruth to marry Hunter Jordan?
(b) Her father
(d) Andrew's parents
13. Where do Ruth and Andrew apply for a new house?
(a) The Bronx
14. What does Ruth receive a degree in?
(b) Social work
(d) Mordern art
15. Who was Halina hiding from in 1942?
(a) Her parents
(b) The communists
(c) The Nazis
(d) The British
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following of Ruth's children do not go to Suffolk with her?
2. Where does David work?
3. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the 21-year-old woman?
5. What does James force his mother to do in this chapter?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)