|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) Her mother
2. What does James wear for the wedding?
(a) A black tuxedo
(b) Shorts and a t-shirt
(c) An Italian designer suit
(d) Jeans and a jumper
3. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
(a) The Los Angeles Times
(b) The Boston Globe
(c) The Boston Chronicle
(d) The New York Times
4. Whose educations and careers does James list in this chapter?
(a) Ruth's Polish famiily
(b) Ruth's children
(c) James' children
(d) James' school friends
5. Why does Ruth not go to Irene's funeral?
(a) She is done with funerals
(b) It is not in a Jewish church
(c) She is banned from the service
(d) She does not like Irene's family
6. What part of New York is Ruth's mother's hospital?
(c) The Bronx
7. Which of the following of Ruth's children do not go to Suffolk with her?
8. What draws Ruth to Harlem?
9. Who does Ruth phone in this chapter?
(b) Her mother
(d) Aunt Mary
10. What religion is Halina Wind?
11. What was the the name of the song Ruth's mother sang to the birds?
(b) Birdie, birdie, fly away
(c) Lovely, lovely come to mummy
(d) Free as a Bird
12. Who needs to dissolve Ruth's parent's marriage?
(a) A priest
(b) Their parents
(c) A rabbi
(d) A lawyer
13. What is the name of Halina's son?
14. In what state is Andrew buried?
(b) North Carolina
15. Where is Hunter buried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruth and Andrew decide to do in this chapter?
2. Where does Ruth find a job in this chapter?
3. Where does Ruth attend high school?
4. What does Andrew call his church?
5. Where does David work?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)