|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James take his mother to see in this chapter?
(a) Her father
2. Which of Ruth's siblings lives in Brooklyn?
(a) Dee Dee
3. What kind of career did Andrew want to pursue in New York?
4. Who taught James to drive?
(a) His grandfather
(c) His friends
5. Why does Ruth not go to Irene's funeral?
(a) It is not in a Jewish church
(b) She is done with funerals
(c) She is banned from the service
(d) She does not like Irene's family
6. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
(a) Reverend Lucas
(b) Reverend White
(c) Reverend Formby
(d) Reverend Brown
7. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
(a) The Lab
(b) The Archa
(c) The Lucerna
(d) The Apollo
8. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(a) Uncle Sam's
(b) His grandfather's
(c) His father's
9. What kind of job does Ruth find in this chapter?
(c) Organ player
10. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
(a) Fish food
(b) Chicken meat
(c) Bread crumbs
11. Where does Ruth's father spend his weekends?
(a) At the beach
(b) At the casino
(c) At his girlfriend's
(d) In Miami
12. Why does Ruth return to Virginia?
(a) To graduate
(b) To go to University
(c) To find a job
(d) To marry
13. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(b) One of God's orginal angels
(c) A Godly spirit
(d) The original founder of the church
14. Who tells Ruth's mother about her own mother's death?
(b) Aunt Mary
(c) Ruth's father
15. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
(a) Harlem Jazz Club
(b) The New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
(c) Ruth's father's store
(d) The Jewish religion
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hunter buried?
2. What university does Ruth attend?
3. What kind of instrument does Andrew play?
4. Which of Ruth's friends dies in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)