|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
2. What is James' girlfriend's job?
(d) Pool shark
3. Which of Ruth's siblings lives in Brooklyn?
(c) Dee Dee
4. Where does Ruth's father go to get divorce papers?
(a) New York
5. What is James' role at David's wedding?
(b) Best man
(c) Page boy
6. What does Ruth's mother say when she waves the chicken over her head?
(a) Life has one savior
(c) Freedom has to be cooked
(d) You to death, me to life
7. Where did Ruth formerly drive her father's car?
(c) New York
(d) North Carolina
8. What is Rocky's real job?
9. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
10. Who needs to dissolve Ruth's parent's marriage?
(a) Their parents
(b) A lawyer
(c) A rabbi
(d) A priest
11. What does Ruth decide she will never do again in this chapter?
(c) Play the piano
12. Why does Ruth not want to be buried in New York?
(a) She was not born there
(b) It is too crowded
(c) It is too noisy
(d) It is polluted
13. Who does James take his mother to see in this chapter?
(c) Her father
14. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(a) The original founder of the church
(c) A Godly spirit
(d) One of God's orginal angels
15. What is the name of Halina's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
2. Who taught James to drive?
3. Who was James named after?
4. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
5. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)