|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught James to drive?
(c) His grandfather
(d) His friends
2. Where does Ruth move to after Delaware?
(b) New Jersey
3. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
(a) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother
(d) Aunt Mary
4. What does James wear for the wedding?
(a) Shorts and a t-shirt
(b) Jeans and a jumper
(c) An Italian designer suit
(d) A black tuxedo
5. What is the name of Ruth's younger sister in this chapter?
(c) Dee Dee
6. Why does Ruth not go to Irene's funeral?
(a) She does not like Irene's family
(b) She is banned from the service
(c) It is not in a Jewish church
(d) She is done with funerals
7. What is Rocky's real job?
8. Where country is Halina from?
9. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
(b) Fish food
(c) Bread crumbs
(d) Chicken meat
10. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
(a) The Los Angeles Times
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Boston Globe
(d) The Boston Chronicle
11. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
(a) The Jewish religion
(b) Harlem Jazz Club
(c) The New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
(d) Ruth's father's store
12. Where does James stay the night in this chapter?
(a) A motel
(b) At a bar
(c) Aubrey's house
(d) In the park
13. What does Ruth receive a degree in?
(c) Mordern art
(d) Social work
14. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
15. Who does James go out for a walk with at the end of the book?
(d) David's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David work?
2. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
3. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
4. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
5. Where does Ruth decide to move to in this chapter?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)