|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was James named after?
(a) Andrew's Uncle Jim
(b) James Dean
(c) Jimmy White
(d) James Brown
2. What is Rocky's real job?
3. Who talks Ruth out of seeing Rocky again?
(a) Her father
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Aunt Mary
4. Who was Halina hiding from in 1942?
(a) The communists
(b) The British
(c) Her parents
(d) The Nazis
5. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(a) His grandfather's
(b) His father's
(d) Uncle Sam's
6. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
(a) Reverend Lucas
(b) Reverend White
(c) Reverend Formby
(d) Reverend Brown
7. Where does Ruth attend high school?
(b) New York
8. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
(a) Ruth McBride
(b) Dennis McBride
(c) Andrew McBride
(d) James McBride
9. Who does James take his mother to see in this chapter?
(b) Her father
10. What do people presume all white girls in Harlem are?
11. What state does Ruth live in at the time of the church's 40th anniversary?
(b) New Jersey
(c) New York
12. What is the name of the 21-year-old woman?
(a) Halina Wind
(b) Jackie Vyborne
(c) Janice Rock
(d) Fred Formby
13. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
14. Who tells Ruth's mother about her own mother's death?
(c) Ruth's father
(d) Aunt Mary
15. Who does Ruth say she missed in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
2. What part of New York is Ruth's mother's hospital?
3. What does the doctor remove from Ruth's face?
4. Where is Hunter buried?
5. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)