|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
(a) A temple
(b) A synagogue
(c) A war memorial
(d) An ice cream factory
2. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
3. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
(a) Reverend Brown
(b) Reverend Formby
(c) Reverend Lucas
(d) Reverend White
4. What does Ruth decide she will never do again in this chapter?
(b) Play the piano
5. Why does Ruth return to Virginia?
(a) To find a job
(b) To go to University
(c) To marry
(d) To graduate
6. What is the name of the 21-year-old woman?
(a) Fred Formby
(b) Halina Wind
(c) Jackie Vyborne
(d) Janice Rock
7. What kind of instrument does Andrew play?
8. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
(a) Rachel Deborah Shilsky
(b) Ruth McBride Jordan
(c) Ruth Deborah Shilsky
(d) Jordan Freda McBride
9. Where is Hunter buried?
10. Who taught James to drive?
(a) His friends
(d) His grandfather
11. Who did David become friends with while working on the Wilmington News Journal?
(a) Dennis McBride
(b) Ruth McBride
(c) James McBride
(d) Andrew McBride
12. What is Rocky's real job?
13. Which of Ruth's friends dies in this chapter?
14. Who was James named after?
(a) James Brown
(b) James Dean
(c) Jimmy White
(d) Andrew's Uncle Jim
15. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
(a) The New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
(b) Harlem Jazz Club
(c) Ruth's father's store
(d) The Jewish religion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James teach his mother in this chapter?
2. Where does Ruth's father spend his weekends?
3. What is James' girlfriend's job?
4. What type of cancer is Ruth diagnosed with in this chapter?
5. What does the doctor remove from Ruth's face?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)