|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people presume all white girls in Harlem are?
2. What is James' girlfriend's job?
(c) Pool shark
3. Who does Ruth meet outside the church?
(b) Her father
(d) Her mother
4. What kind of weather is it on the day on the wedding?
5. Where does James stay the night in this chapter?
(a) At a bar
(b) A motel
(c) In the park
(d) Aubrey's house
6. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
(a) Andrew McBride
(b) Junior Browne
(c) Jason Horace
(d) Harper Davis
7. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
(a) A war memorial
(b) A temple
(c) An ice cream factory
(d) A synagogue
8. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
9. What draws Ruth to Harlem?
10. Who does James take his mother to see in this chapter?
(c) Her father
11. Where does Ruth find a job in this chapter?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A diner
(c) A gym
(d) A bank
12. What was the the name of the song Ruth's mother sang to the birds?
(b) Birdie, birdie, fly away
(c) Lovely, lovely come to mummy
(d) Free as a Bird
13. What does James teach his mother in this chapter?
(a) How to play the piano
(b) How to drive
(c) How to sing
(d) How to roll a joint
14. Who does Ruth phone in this chapter?
(a) Aunt Mary
(d) Her mother
15. Where did Ruth formerly drive her father's car?
(a) North Carolina
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
2. What is James' role at David's wedding?
3. What does Andrew call his church?
4. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
5. Why does Ruth return to Virginia?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)