|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruth get a job when she returns to New York?
(a) A plastic factory
(b) A glass factory
(c) A cafe
(d) A bank
2. What type of cancer is Ruth diagnosed with in this chapter?
(a) Nostril cancer
(b) Bowel cancer
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Skin cancer
3. Where does David work?
(a) The Wilmington News Journal
(b) The stock exchange
(c) The New York Post
(d) Chase Bank
4. What is the name of the 21-year-old woman?
(a) Jackie Vyborne
(b) Janice Rock
(c) Halina Wind
(d) Fred Formby
5. What does James teach his mother in this chapter?
(a) How to roll a joint
(b) How to drive
(c) How to play the piano
(d) How to sing
6. What does the doctor remove from Ruth's face?
(a) A portion of skin
(b) A lump
(c) A spot
(d) A mole
7. Who was Halina hiding from in 1942?
(a) Her parents
(b) The Nazis
(c) The British
(d) The communists
8. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
9. What religion is Halina Wind?
10. What is the name of Ruth's manager?
11. Which of Ruth's friends dies in this chapter?
12. What is James' role at David's wedding?
(c) Page boy
(d) Best man
13. What does Ruth say about Suffolk?
(a) It is ruined
(b) It is still beautiful
(c) It is full of bad memories
(d) Nothing has changed
14. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
(a) The Lucerna
(b) The Apollo
(c) The Archa
(d) The Lab
15. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
(a) Reverend Brown
(b) Reverend White
(c) Reverend Lucas
(d) Reverend Formby
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
2. What state does Ruth live in at the time of the church's 40th anniversary?
3. What kind of weather is it on the day on the wedding?
4. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
5. What university does Ruth attend?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)