|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Ruth's siblings lives in Brooklyn?
(d) Dee Dee
2. What is the name of the new man Aunt Mary hires in this chapter?
(a) Junior Browne
(b) Harper Davis
(c) Jason Horace
(d) Andrew McBride
3. Where does Ruth get a job when she returns to New York?
(a) A plastic factory
(b) A bank
(c) A cafe
(d) A glass factory
4. What kind of instrument does Andrew play?
5. Who tells Ruth's mother about her own mother's death?
(b) Ruth's father
(d) Aunt Mary
6. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(a) A Godly spirit
(c) One of God's orginal angels
(d) The original founder of the church
7. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(b) His grandfather's
(c) His father's
(d) Uncle Sam's
8. Where do Ruth and Andrew apply for a new house?
(a) The Bronx
9. Where did Ruth formerly drive her father's car?
(a) North Carolina
(b) New York
10. What is the name of the man whose father took over the Shilski's store?
(a) Simon Cornfield
(b) Alan Harper
(c) Jack Goldburg
(d) Aubrey Rubenstain
11. What university does Ruth attend?
(a) New York University
(c) Temple University
(d) Chicago University
12. Why does Ruth return to Virginia?
(a) To graduate
(b) To find a job
(c) To go to University
(d) To marry
13. Which of Ruth's friends dies in this chapter?
14. Who needs to dissolve Ruth's parent's marriage?
(a) A priest
(b) A lawyer
(c) Their parents
(d) A rabbi
15. What did Ruth's mother used to feed the birds?
(a) Bread crumbs
(b) Fish food
(d) Chicken meat
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
2. Who taught James to drive?
3. What kind of church is the Suffolk High School graduation ceremony held in?
4. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
5. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)