|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth meet outside the church?
(a) Her mother
(c) Her father
2. What is the name of Ruth's younger sister in this chapter?
(a) Dee Dee
3. What do people presume all white girls in Harlem are?
4. What kind of instrument does Andrew play?
5. Where did Ruth formerly drive her father's car?
(a) North Carolina
(c) New York
6. What does Ruth remember her mother waving over her head?
(a) A chicken
(b) A flag
(c) A newspaper
(d) A sheep
7. What is the name of the newspaper James works at?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The Los Angeles Times
(c) The Boston Chronicle
(d) The Boston Globe
8. What type of cancer is Ruth diagnosed with in this chapter?
(a) Lung cancer
(b) Skin cancer
(c) Bowel cancer
(d) Nostril cancer
9. What building does James stand in front of in August 1992?
(a) An ice cream factory
(b) A war memorial
(c) A temple
(d) A synagogue
10. Whose educations and careers does James list in this chapter?
(a) Ruth's children
(b) James' school friends
(c) James' children
(d) Ruth's Polish famiily
11. What kind of career did Andrew want to pursue in New York?
12. What state is Andrew originally from?
(b) North Carolina
(c) South Carolina
(d) New York
13. Where does Ruth travel to at the end of this chapter?
14. What is Rocky's real job?
15. What is the name of the man whose father took over the Shilski's store?
(a) Jack Goldburg
(b) Simon Cornfield
(c) Aubrey Rubenstain
(d) Alan Harper
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
2. What does Ruth say about Suffolk?
3. Who does Ruth stay with when she goes back to New York?
4. Where does Ruth find a job in this chapter?
5. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)