Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ruth and Andrew apply for a new house?
(a) The Bronx
2. Which of Ruth's friends dies in this chapter?
3. Who is the first person Ruth tells about her new job?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Aunt Mary
(d) Her mother
4. What is the name of Ruth's younger sister in this chapter?
(a) Dee Dee
5. What do Ruth and Andrew decide to do in this chapter?
(a) Build a house
(b) Have a child
(c) Move to Delaware
(d) Get married
6. What does the doctor remove from Ruth's face?
(a) A portion of skin
(b) A spot
(c) A lump
(d) A mole
7. What is Ernie Santosuosso's job on the newspaper?
(b) Sports reporter
(c) Film critic
(d) Jazz critic
8. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(b) A Godly spirit
(c) One of God's orginal angels
(d) The original founder of the church
9. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
(a) His father's
(b) His grandfather's
(c) Uncle Sam's
10. Who does Ruth stay with when she goes back to New York?
(a) Her Aunt Mary
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her Uncle Theodore
(d) Andrew McBride
11. Where does Ruth find a job in this chapter?
(a) A gym
(b) A diner
(c) A restaurant
(d) A bank
12. What does James force his mother to do in this chapter?
(a) Buy a car
(b) Go for a run
(c) Play the piano
(d) Write her will
13. What university does Ruth attend?
(a) Temple University
(b) New York University
(d) Chicago University
14. Why does Ruth not want to be buried in New York?
(a) It is too noisy
(b) It is polluted
(c) She was not born there
(d) It is too crowded
15. What kind of church is the Suffolk High School graduation ceremony held in?
(a) A Catholic church
(b) A Protestant church
(c) A Baptist church
(d) A Methodist church
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Ruth to Harlem?
2. Which of the following is Ruth's real name?
3. What is the name of the 21-year-old woman?
4. In what state is Andrew buried?
5. Where does Ruth attend high school?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)