|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the theater where Rocky likes to take Ruth?
(a) The Lucerna
(b) The Lab
(c) The Archa
(d) The Apollo
2. Where does James stay the night in this chapter?
(a) In the park
(b) At a bar
(c) A motel
(d) Aubrey's house
3. What do Ruth and Andrew decide to do in this chapter?
(a) Build a house
(b) Get married
(c) Have a child
(d) Move to Delaware
4. What state does Ruth live in at the time of the church's 40th anniversary?
(b) New York
(c) New Jersey
5. What is the name of Ruth's manager?
6. What does Ruth decide she will never do again in this chapter?
(c) Play the piano
7. What is the name of the man whose father took over the Shilski's store?
(a) Simon Cornfield
(b) Jack Goldburg
(c) Alan Harper
(d) Aubrey Rubenstain
8. What does James wear for the wedding?
(a) An Italian designer suit
(b) Shorts and a t-shirt
(c) Jeans and a jumper
(d) A black tuxedo
9. Who does Ruth stay with when she goes back to New York?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her Aunt Mary
(c) Andrew McBride
(d) Her Uncle Theodore
10. Who dies at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Ruth's grandfather
(c) Ruth's grandmother
(d) Ruth's mother
11. What celebrates its 40th anniversary in 1994?
(a) The New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
(b) Ruth's father's store
(c) Harlem Jazz Club
(d) The Jewish religion
12. What does the preacher of the New Brown Memorial call Ruth?
(a) The original founder of the church
(c) One of God's orginal angels
(d) A Godly spirit
13. Where do Ruth and Andrew apply for a new house?
(d) The Bronx
14. Why does Ruth not want to be buried in New York?
(a) It is too crowded
(b) It is too noisy
(c) She was not born there
(d) It is polluted
15. Where does Ruth attend high school?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth return to Virginia?
2. What do Ruth and Andrew call their first child?
3. Which of Ruth's siblings lives in Brooklyn?
4. Whose records did James obtain form the U.S. army?
5. What is the name of the reverend who marries Andrew and Ruth?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)