|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth say God is?
(a) A spirit
(b) A fun guy
(c) The almighty
(d) A devil
2. What does Ruth's father call the school she attends?
(a) A Jewish school
(b) A special school
(c) An abnormal school
(d) A gentile school
3. What does Ruth's father keep behind the counter in his store?
(a) A gun
(b) A baseball bat
(d) A tomahawk
4. What does Ruth drop behind the store?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her bracelet
(c) Her money
(d) Her necklace
5. What sits outside of Ruth's apartment after Hunter dies?
(a) His car
(b) His bike
(c) His body
(d) His best suit
6. What war does Sam fight in?
(a) World War I
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Korean War
(d) World War II
7. How does Frances show her support for Ruth at dinner?
(a) She throws away Ruth's food
(b) She does not eat
(c) She slaps her father
(d) She eats Ruth's food
8. What do the muggers take from Ruth?
(a) Her groceries
(b) Her purse
(c) Her life
(d) Her blouse
9. What color does one of James' brother's decide he wants to be?
10. What does Aunt Mary's factory make leather trimmings for?
(d) Fur coats
11. Which of the following subjects does Ruth not learn at home?
(d) Record keeping
12. In what city of Virginia does Hunter's cousin live?
13. Who does Ruth's father think is trying to steal from him?
(c) School children
14. Where does James find a job in Kentucky?
(a) At a restaurant
(b) At a gas station
(c) At a factory
(d) At a music shop
15. What do the children eat at Daddy's cousin's house?
(d) Fried chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is the boy's father part of?
2. What does James say Daddy always has his pockets full with?
3. What was Ruth's maiden name?
4. What does Aunt Betsy arrange for Ruth?
5. What state does Jacqueline live in?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)