|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drugs does James start experimenting with?
2. What did Ruth's father open in Virgina?
(a) A bank
(b) A music store
(c) A grocery store
(d) A synagogue
3. What kind of animal does Sam have to feed in the mornings?
(a) A cow
(b) A sheep
(d) A dog
4. What did the blacks come into the store to purchase in the Thirties?
(b) BC powder
(d) Gun powder
5. Where does James go in this chapter?
(a) Scout camp
(b) Junior high
(c) Summer camp
6. How does Frances show her support for Ruth at dinner?
(a) She does not eat
(b) She throws away Ruth's food
(c) She slaps her father
(d) She eats Ruth's food
7. What kind of water animal does Ruth say Frances' family ate?
8. From whose death does James say his mother never recovers?
(b) His father's
(c) Her mother's
(d) Her grandfather's
9. Who comes to meet James when his mother does not show up?
(a) A rabbi
(b) His siblings
(c) His father
(d) His step father
10. What does Aunt Mary's factory make leather trimmings for?
(b) Fur coats
11. What does Aunt Betsy arrange for Ruth?
(a) A nanny
(b) A marriage
(c) An abortion
(d) A job
12. What does James say he and his siblings are confused by?
(a) Who their father is
(b) Their nationality
(c) Their color
(d) The upperclasses
13. Where did James' mother spend most of her adult life?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) New York
14. What kind of hat is the boy's father wearing?
(a) A top hat
(b) A bowler hat
(c) A beret
(d) A cowboy hat
15. What is the name of the boy Ruth meets in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ruth's Aunt Betsy work?
2. Where does James' mother work?
3. What is the name of Ruth's best friend?
4. What does James' mother embarrass James doing?
5. In what city of Virginia does Hunter's cousin live?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)