|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ceremony had the Cardinal last presided over at the church where he finds himself at this point?
(a) First Eucharist.
2. What is in the truck Janik and Cardinal Bem are traveling in, which is to help prevent them from being identified?
3. What did the SP man pull out before the Cardinal was led into the Prime Minister's garden?
(a) A hat.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
4. Where is the Cardinal NOT going to go, though General Vrona thought he would be?
5. What does the Cardinal want Tomas to pack up now before and for the next day's ceremonies?
(a) His speech.
(b) His robes.
(c) His books.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his speech, the Cardinal tells the people: "I beg you to think of the __________ of others. Remember, the terrorist and the tyrant have that in common."
2. The Security Police surrounded the Cardinal's car as though they were an official ______________.
3. The Poniatov Bridge was the only bridge the ____________ had failed to destroy when they fled the ruined city.
4. What sounds alarmed the Cardinal as he ran down the path after being told to do so?
5. Who came to the Cardinal, telling him excitedly that he had seen him on the evening news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Cardinal see at the police station when he arrives with Janik?
2. What are the bishops supposed to be doing at the residences of the archiepiscopal?
3. What does Peter Jop reveal the Cardinal Bem about the strike they are supposed to have?
4. What does Cardinal Bem think of when he spends his time with the destitute under the bridge?
5. What does the Cardinal learn that children have been doing along with a priest in the town?
6. What does the Prime Minister tell Cardinal Bem when they are able to meet with each other?
7. What happens when Cardinal Bem and Janik, Peter Jop's brother-in-law, are driving to Gniesk?
8. How does Cardinal Bem get to see Peter Jop after talking with Father Ley?
9. What happens to the young boys who are in the square, handing out leaflets to passersby?
10. What happens as Cardinal Bem begins to give communion to the masses of people?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)