|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number was Cardinal Bem given when he was sitting and waiting to see Father Ley in the VD clinic?
2. The Security Police surrounded the Cardinal's car as though they were an official ______________.
(a) Security threat.
(c) Prisoner of war.
(d) Military general.
3. What does the young man tell the Cardinal NOT to do when the man is getting ready to leave?
(a) Get up.
(c) Leave immediately.
(d) Thank him.
4. How does the Cardinal promise to the General that he will tell the lie about what happened with the government?
(a) Written statement.
(b) He lets an aide know.
(c) He gives his word.
(d) He doesn't.
5. The Cardinal realizes that from this point on he must draw the ____________ toward himself.
(a) Security Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prime Minister reassures the Cardinal that they are ____________, in a manner of speaking.
2. In his speech, the Cardinal tells the people: "I beg you to think of the __________ of others. Remember, the terrorist and the tyrant have that in common."
3. The Cardinal and Janik are left in a cell for the night as they can't call the _____________ until the morning.
4. The Cardinal assures the General that he will tell others that he was ________ detained by the government.
5. The Cardinal tells his dresser put the bank notes he received from the Prime Minister in the ___________ fund.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the bishops supposed to be doing at the residences of the archiepiscopal?
2. Who decides to pick up Cardinal Bem when he is on the run and in hiding from those who want to capture him?
3. How does Cardinal Bem get to see Peter Jop after talking with Father Ley?
4. What does the Cardinal see at the police station when he arrives with Janik?
5. What does the Prime Minister tell Cardinal Bem when they are able to meet with each other?
6. What does the young man hand to Cardinal Bem when he is standing out in the square?
7. What does Peter Jop reveal the Cardinal Bem about the strike they are supposed to have?
8. What is the part of Archbishop Krasnoy's speech that makes the Cardinal realize he was in on the plan?
9. What does the Archbishop's speech say has sparked his call to the faithful?
10. What does the Prime Minister think about the Cardinal's involvement in the terrorist attack?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)