|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Cardinal notes that he must remind himself that this _______ is now less pervasive than in those days they speak of with false nostalgia.
(a) Homeless problem.
2. At the intersection of New _______ Avenue and the Gallin Highway, the old van turned off down a winding side road that led to the river.
3. Who officiated the requiem mass for Joseph in the cathedral when the Cardinal was away?
(a) Monsignor Ley.
(b) Monsigor Krasnoy.
(c) Monsignor Bertela.
(d) Monsignor Jelen.
4. Where is the Cardinal NOT going to go, though General Vrona thought he would be?
5. The Cardinal was then taken the the old Borodin ______, not to a factory as the Cardinal had assumed he was taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his speech, the Cardinal tells the people: "I beg you to think of the __________ of others. Remember, the terrorist and the tyrant have that in common."
2. The Cardinal is told that if he just walks down toward the river, he can ______________.
3. Where does the Cardinal believe Father Ley is waiting for him so that they can talk?
4. Janik informs Cardinal Bem that the army is usually looking for stolen _____________ when they are out on patrol.
5. What number was Cardinal Bem given when he was sitting and waiting to see Father Ley in the VD clinic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cardinal Bem insist on doing on the way to Gneisk, even though he has other options?
2. What does the Cardinal learn that children have been doing along with a priest in the town?
3. What happens when Cardinal Bem and Janik, Peter Jop's brother-in-law, are driving to Gniesk?
4. What happens as Cardinal Bem begins to give communion to the masses of people?
5. What are the bishops supposed to be doing at the residences of the archiepiscopal?
6. Who is the Waldemar Keller person that Archbishop Krasnoy and Bishop John admit to working with?
7. What happens when Cardinal Bem is changing for the mass at the celebration?
8. What does Father Ley reveal to Cardinal Bem about his assassination attempt?
9. What does the Cardinal see at the police station when he arrives with Janik?
10. What does Father Ley suggest that Cardinal Bem turn to in order to get help in staying hidden and stopping what is about to happen?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)