|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who officiated the requiem mass for Joseph in the cathedral when the Cardinal was away?
(a) Monsigor Krasnoy.
(b) Monsignor Ley.
(c) Monsignor Jelen.
(d) Monsignor Bertela.
2. What is the new name on the identification card for Cardinal Bem? Stanislaus ____________.
3. How many bishops are set to attend the celebrations where the archbishop is to give his incendiary speech?
4. In reading Krasnoy's speech, it seems that he did know about the ______________ before it took place.
(c) Father Ley meeting.
5. What number was Cardinal Bem given when he was sitting and waiting to see Father Ley in the VD clinic?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cardinal assures the General that he will tell others that he was ________ detained by the government.
2. The Cardinal is told that if he just walks down toward the river, he can ______________.
3. While the Borodin location is now closed, the Cardinal finds out there is now talk of making it a _____________.
4. The Cardinal points out that in the days of _________ Rostropov and his friends, the country was run only by them.
5. The roadblocks were put up to catch some thieves who stole government ___________ two nights before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prime Minister tell Cardinal Bem when they are able to meet with each other?
2. What does the young man hand to Cardinal Bem when he is standing out in the square?
3. What does Cardinal Bem insist on doing on the way to Gneisk, even though he has other options?
4. What is the part of Archbishop Krasnoy's speech that makes the Cardinal realize he was in on the plan?
5. What happens as Cardinal Bem begins to give communion to the masses of people?
6. What happens when Cardinal Bem and Janik, Peter Jop's brother-in-law, are driving to Gniesk?
7. What does Cardinal Bem think of when he spends his time with the destitute under the bridge?
8. What does the Archbishop's speech say has sparked his call to the faithful?
9. Who is the Waldemar Keller person that Archbishop Krasnoy and Bishop John admit to working with?
10. What does the Prime Minister think about the Cardinal's involvement in the terrorist attack?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)