|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other people are there to help the Cardinal out with his everyday needs?
2. It seems the Ministry believes that __________ fanatics were the ones who tried to kill him.
3. What color did the policemen's searchlight flash when it found Cardinal Bem and took him into custody?
4. What was the language of the magazine the woman was reading, a language that she did not understand?
5. How does Cardinal Bem react to the men who say they need to take him away from his current location?
(a) He helps with the plan.
(b) He willingly agrees.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the policemen point out the ___________ school people, saying they are all right by him.
2. What does the Cardinal want to do in order to get to a safe place?
3. Father Prisbek reveals he was brought to the location _______ days ago to get ready for the Cardinal's arrival.
4. Who does the Cardinal think is guilty of being the sort of clergy named in the answer to question #74?
5. The men also insist that the Cardinal has to leave for his own ____________, so there is nothing more to discuss.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Prisbeck reveal to the Cardinal when the Cardinal arrives at the school?
2. What does the Cardinal Bem learn from the Deputy Minister when he places the phone call?
3. What are two of the topics the men discuss while they are all eating lunch in the kitchen?
4. Why is Cardinal Bem not surprised to hear that the Security Police are denying they have the Cardinal in custody?
5. What does the colonel want the Cardinal to do for him when he is staying in the agricultural school?
6. What happens that causes the Cardinal to objection to the actions, even though it seems he has no choice?
7. What does Cardinal Bem see when he is being driven in his car by Joseph?
8. What do Father Prisbek and Cardinal Bem decide to do after they have eaten their lunch?
9. What happens when the car is stopped at the security checkpoint by the real police?
10. What leads the Cardinal to continue being suspicious of Father Prisbek and his true intentions?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)