|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Security Major points out that the Cardinal went to a ___________ school when he was growing up.
2. What color did the policemen's searchlight flash when it found Cardinal Bem and took him into custody?
3. Where does the Cardinal put his priestly garb when he decides to take it off in order to prevent being recognized?
(a) A bus station.
(b) He put it in his pocket.
(d) He wears it inside out.
4. The ordinary police travel in cars that are _________, blue, and yellow because of the insignia on the side.
5. The girl informs the Cardinal that the next train leaving for the city is at ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the helpful person who tells the Cardinal that he can show him where a bus is?
2. The Cardinal tells the local police that he and the other priest's car _____________ which is why he went for help.
3. Father Prisbek reveals he was brought to the location _______ days ago to get ready for the Cardinal's arrival.
4. Cardinal Bem tells the police he was __________ with another priest and that's when they got lost.
5. Where does Cardinal Bem go in order to try to make it to a road that might lead him to safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the location to which the Cardinal Bem is being taken?
2. Why is Cardinal Bem not surprised to hear that the Security Police are denying they have the Cardinal in custody?
3. What is confusing to the Cardinal about the transportation that the Security Police use to escort him away?
4. What do the Security Police tell Cardinal Bem as they begin to get him ready to go?
5. What do Father Prisbek and Cardinal Bem decide to do after they have eaten their lunch?
6. Why do the police officers decide to let the Cardinal go after keeping him in their custody for a while?
7. What happens when the men begin to discuss the author and what happened to the author after his success?
8. What was the story begin the favorite local author which is discussed by the men who are eating in the kitchen?
9. What is the reasoning Cardinal Bem gives for the people he is with to release him from their custody?
10. What does the speech the Archbishop wants to give seem to be trying to do to the listeners?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)