|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Cardinal is taken away from the building in a __________ Volvo, which is not the usual mode of transportation.
2. What does the Cardinal do for the man in the other car who was also involved in the accident?
(a) Calls the hospital.
(c) Perform last sacraments.
(d) Gives him CPR.
3. The Security Major points out that the Cardinal went to a ___________ school when he was growing up.
4. Father Prisbek reveals he was brought to the location _______ days ago to get ready for the Cardinal's arrival.
5. Father Prisbek shares with the Cardinal that there is ____________, which is why the Cardinal shouldn't even try.
(a) An army down the road.
(b) A city nearby.
(c) No escape plan.
(d) Nowhere to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Father Malik tells the Cardinal that the _________ are responsible for the attempt on his life.
2. Who is Cardinal Bem's attendant and driver when the Cardinal is being driven home from his meeting?
3. The girl informs the Cardinal that the next train leaving for the city is at ___________.
4. Who told the Cardinal that young men and girls were often recruited by the Security Police to loiter?
5. What does the nun believe that the Cardinal does not eat so she prepares him something else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the topics the men discuss while they are all eating lunch in the kitchen?
2. What happens that causes the Cardinal to objection to the actions, even though it seems he has no choice?
3. What does Father Prisbeck reveal to the Cardinal when the Cardinal arrives at the school?
4. What does Father Malik share with the Cardinal upon his return to the residence after the accident?
5. What makes the Cardinal believe that their location is adjacent to a larger city?
6. What is Father Prisbek's reaction to the Cardinal's suggestion that they make a run for it?
7. What is the location to which the Cardinal Bem is being taken?
8. What was the story begin the favorite local author which is discussed by the men who are eating in the kitchen?
9. What does the colonel reveal to the Cardinal about the attempt that was made on his life?
10. What does the Cardinal learn that accident is being reported as in the media when he is taken to the hospital?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)