|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Somewhere in the unseen kitchens, a radio played ___________ in the beginning of the chapter.
(a) The national anthem.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Dance music.
(d) Military music.
2. During what religious celebrations is the inflammatory speech supposed to take place, according to the Cardinal's source of information?
3. What is the women in the scarf doing after the accident that the Cardinal endures?
(a) Giving a speech about him.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Pointing a gun at him.
4. Who does the Cardinal want to contact as this is a person who already knows his identity and voice?
(a) Jan Ley.
(b) Archsbishop Krasnoy.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) Father Malik.
5. It seems the Ministry believes that __________ fanatics were the ones who tried to kill him.
6. What is embedded in the face of the woman who attempts to kill the Cardinal?
(c) A green line.
(d) Shards of glass.
7. What kind of organization (as answered in #38) was the Cardinal taken to for his own safety?
8. Father Prisbek shares with the Cardinal that there is ____________, which is why the Cardinal shouldn't even try.
(a) An army down the road.
(b) No escape plan.
(c) Nowhere to do.
(d) A city nearby.
9. What did the Cardinal watch the man in Wellingtons slather on his sausages as he ate?
10. The Cardinal sees a woman in a _________ scarf in the car next to him who is attempting to kill him.
11. What does the Cardinal notice about the door to his room in his new living situation?
(a) It's unlocked.
(b) There is no door.
(c) The door has a peep hole in it.
(d) It's locked.
12. What does the Cardinal tell the Archbishop that he should do in relation to the speech he wants to give?
(a) Let the Cardinal give the speech instead.
(b) Let the Cardinal see it first.
(c) Not to give the speech.
(d) Stall the speech.
13. What is the name that the Cardinal gives when he is trying to get a hold of Father Ley?
14. What is the alternative dish the nun prepares for the Cardinal in order to appease his diet restrictions?
(b) Boiled eggs.
(c) Bread and butter.
15. Malik explains that the Security Police believe that _________ agrees with the Archbishop.
(a) The local citizenship.
(b) No one.
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cardinal Bem tells the police he was __________ with another priest and that's when they got lost.
2. Father Prisbek and the nun say they were brought to the location in order to serve as the Cardinal's ___________.
3. The usual car that the Security Police use is a ________ Lada, not the Volvo like the men actually drive.
4. And the Cardinal points out that the ______________ attended the same type of school as he did.
5. Father Malik tells the Cardinal that the _________ are responsible for the attempt on his life.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)