|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men refuse to let the Cardinal call the Minister for ________ to confirm the orders that he is to be taken away.
(c) Religious Affairs.
2. When the local police and the Cardinal retrace his steps, what do they not find in the place where the Cardinal left it?
(a) His truck.
(b) Father Prisbek.
(c) A bag of food.
(d) The farm.
3. The Cardinal thinks all _________ see everything through a distorted mirror.
4. The Colonel notes that the famous writer's work has been judged as ____________.
5. The Cardinal is taken out of __________ of the building in order to hide that he is going away.
(a) The back.
(b) The front.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
6. How many other people are there to help the Cardinal out with his everyday needs?
7. Someone who is more loyal to the __________ than to the church is someone the Cardinal will not trust.
8. Cardinal Bem talks to _______ Poulnikov who is the head of the Security Police as the Cardinal is at his new location.
9. The colonel has arranged for the Cardinal to __________ with the Ministry when he is at his location.
(b) Drive to an appointment.
(c) Fly to an appointment.
(d) Place a phone call.
10. The terrorists are thought to believe that the Cardinal has turned his back on the ____________ in the decisions he had made.
(b) Common man.
11. What is the place where the Cardinal finds himself, as he learns from a man putting a butane cylinder into an iron dolly?
12. The authorities say that the accident was caused by _____________, which the Cardinal learns after.
(a) A crazy woman.
(b) Slick roads.
(c) Drunk driving.
13. Father Prisbek notes that Lork was ___________ out of the country.
14. The men who come for the Cardinal insist that the Cardinal is not being ______________.
15. The men also insist that the Cardinal has to leave for his own ____________, so there is nothing more to discuss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cardinal ______ Bem is being driven home from a meeting when something unfortunate happens.
2. What does the nun believe that the Cardinal does not eat so she prepares him something else?
3. Who angrily denies being an untrustworthy clergy person when they are confronted directly if they can be trusted?
4. Father Prisbek points out that no ____________ are watching the Cardinal or watching him.
5. Malik explains that the Security Police believe that _________ agrees with the Archbishop.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)