• Cardinal Bem is being driven home by Joseph.
• Joseph swerves the car to avoid a gun being pointed at the Cardinal.
• The Cardinal is ejected from the car.
• Joseph dies in the accident.
• Cardinal Bem is helped at the hospital and sent home.
• Archbishop Krasnoy is planning to give an incendiary address at the Rywald celebrations.
• Father Malik tells the Cardinal that he believes the Security Police are behind the attempt on his life.
• The Cardinal tells the Archbishop that he is not to give that speech.
• The Security Police insist on taking the Cardinal away.
• The Security Police say they are taking the Cardinal away for his own protection.
• Cardinal Bem is taken to an agricultural school.
• The Colonel tells the Cardinal he thinks extreme Catholics were behind the attempt on the Cardinal's life.
• The Colonel arranges a call from the Cardinal...
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)