Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
2. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
4. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
5. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
Examine the short story the Nose.
1) How does Gogol use satire in the story to create meaning?
2) How does the satire relate to 19th century Russian society?
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the mid 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
What are the differences between a short story and a novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)