|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
2. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
3. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
4. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
5. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the stories characters to the person he was at the beginning of the story to how he is at the end.
1. What did that character hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2. What events changes the characters ideas about life?
3. How has that character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
With the students, discuss how one of the stories have influenced popular culture. Has the short story been adapted into any modern forms such as film? Has the story ever been referenced in popular culture? How has that medium adapted the story to contemporary society? Following the discussion, have the students write an essay on the subject of popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
How do the students think Ivan developed his social fear in Ivan Fyodorovich Shponka and his Aunt? How does Gogol use the other characters to accentuate Ivan's vulnerabilities?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)