|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
2. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
4. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
5. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the stories characters to the person he was at the beginning of the story to how he is at the end.
1. What did that character hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2. What events changes the characters ideas about life?
3. How has that character changed by the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How has society's view of opinions on madness changed since the mid 19th century? How would one have to adapt Diary of a Madman to be relevant today's society?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)