Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
2. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
4. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
5. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
Essay Topic 1
Examine point of view in one of the following stories.
1) The Diary of a Madman.
2) The Nose.
3) St. John's Eve.
What meaning does the point of view the author use give the story? What meaning would a different point of view communicate?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the mid 1800s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What does Gogol say about pride? How does he use story elements such as characterization to express his view?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)