|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
2. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
3. What does the brown sow run off with?
4. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
5. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role religion plays in the stories.
1. What does Gogol express about religion in his stories?
2. What part has religion played in religion society and how is it different from religion in America?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society Russia.
1. The use of the devil as a character.
2. The representation of normal people and life
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the stories characters to the person he was at the beginning of the story to how he is at the end.
1. What did that character hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2. What events changes the characters ideas about life?
3. How has that character changed by the end of the story?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)