Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
2. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
4. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
5. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society Russia.
1. The use of the devil as a character.
2. The representation of normal people and life
Compare one of the stories characters to the person he was at the beginning of the story to how he is at the end.
1. What did that character hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2. What events changes the characters ideas about life?
3. How has that character changed by the end of the story?
The Collected Tales are translated from Russian into English. How much meaning can a book loses through a translation? What aspects of the book do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)