|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
2. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
3. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
4. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
5. What does Ivanovich do with the letter when he reads Sophie wants to marry someone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator of the story.
2. What is Pythagor's social standing?
3. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
4. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
5. How do the regiment change the town?
6. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
7. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
8. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
9. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
10. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has society's view of opinions on madness changed since the mid 19th century? How would one have to adapt Diary of a Madman to be relevant today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Gogol's previous works and contrast it with the The Collected Tales in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What does Gogol say about pride? How does he use story elements such as characterization to express his view?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)