|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A pig sty.
(b) A chicken run.
(c) A goose pen.
(d) A cow shed.
2. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Kick them.
(b) Poke at them.
(c) Spit at them.
(d) Scribble on them.
3. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) For some drinks.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To get back money.
(d) For dinner.
4. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
(a) By telephone.
(b) By a messenger boy.
(c) By telegram.
(d) By letter.
5. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will crown him.
(b) They will beat him.
(c) They will throw a party for him.
(d) They will kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
2. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
3. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
4. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
5. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
2. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
3. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
4. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
5. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
6. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
7. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
8. Describe the narrator of the story.
9. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
10. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)