|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(a) A ball.
(b) A blanket.
2. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
3. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A match girl.
(c) A grand lady.
(d) A foxy lady.
4. What is Ivan Yakovlevich's job?
5. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the backside.
(b) On the knee.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
2. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
3. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
4. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
5. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
2. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
3. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
4. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
5. Describe the narrator of the story.
6. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
7. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
8. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
9. What is Pythagor's social standing?
10. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)