|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Paris carriage.
(b) A New York carriage.
(c) A London carriage.
(d) A Viennese carriage.
2. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) In his carriage.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his stables.
3. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) A judge and mayor.
(b) A lawyer and a doctor.
(c) A sea captain and a dentist.
(d) A sheriff and a general.
4. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A bottle of vinegar.
(b) A brown sow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pot of coffee.
5. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A foxy lady.
(b) A match girl.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A grand lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
2. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
3. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
4. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
5. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)