|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chartov try to paint after he sees the young artist's work?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) A fallen angel.
2. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The devil.
3. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
4. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) To get back money.
(b) For some drinks.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) For dinner.
5. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Francis's Bridge.
(b) St. Clement's Bridge.
(c) St. George's Bridge.
(d) St. Issac's Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
2. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
3. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
4. What is Pirogov's rank?
5. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
2. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
3. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
4. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
5. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
6. How do the regiment change the town?
7. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
8. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
9. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
10. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)