|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
2. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He stole money from the moneylender.
(b) He felt evilness.
(c) He died before he could.
(d) He lost the use of his hands.
3. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(c) A soldier.
(d) A policeman.
4. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bear.
5. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
2. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
3. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
4. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
5. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
2. Describe the narrator of the story.
3. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
4. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
5. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
6. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
7. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
8. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
9. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
10. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)