|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will crown him.
(b) They will throw a party for him.
(c) They will beat him.
(d) They will kill him.
2. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) In his carriage.
(b) In his stables.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Behind the curtains.
3. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
4. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A finger.
(b) A map.
(c) A nose.
(d) A coin.
5. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Kick them.
(c) Spit at them.
(d) Poke at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
3. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
4. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
5. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
2. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
3. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
4. Describe the narrator of the story.
5. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
6. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
7. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
8. What is Pythagor's social standing?
9. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
10. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)