|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
2. What does Ivanovich do with the letter when he reads Sophie wants to marry someone else?
(a) He throws them out of his window.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He scribbles over them.
3. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His ear.
(b) His hair.
(c) His throat.
(d) His nose.
4. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(b) Phythagor's wife.
(c) The General.
5. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(b) The devil.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
2. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
3. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
4. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
5. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
2. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
3. What is Pythagor's social standing?
4. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
5. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
6. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
7. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
8. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
9. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
10. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)