|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Ivan Yakovlevich's job?
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Paris carriage.
(b) A London carriage.
(c) A Viennese carriage.
(d) A New York carriage.
4. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A carnival mare.
(b) A bay mare.
(c) A tom mare.
(d) A lice mare.
5. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A chicken run.
(b) A goose pen.
(c) A pig sty.
(d) A cow shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
2. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
3. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
4. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
5. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
2. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
3. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
4. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
5. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
6. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
7. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
8. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
9. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
10. What is Pythagor's social standing?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)