|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A sporty carriage.
(b) A love carriage.
(c) An army carriage.
(d) A school carriage.
3. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A fair.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A dinner party.
4. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A map.
(b) A coin.
(c) A finger.
(d) A nose.
5. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) In the cafe.
(b) Outside her gate.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) Outside the stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
2. What is Pirogov's rank?
3. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
4. What kind of animal is Medgi?
5. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
2. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
3. Describe the narrator of the story.
4. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
5. What is Pythagor's social standing?
6. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
7. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
8. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
9. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
10. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)