|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Clement's Bridge.
(b) St. Francis's Bridge.
(c) St. Issac's Bridge.
(d) St. George's Bridge.
2. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(b) Nikiforovich's geese.
(c) Ivan's gun.
(d) Ivan's newspaper.
3. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
4. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He has saved money.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He is noble.
5. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
(a) The judge.
(d) The Police Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
2. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
3. What is Pirogov's rank?
4. Where does Pythagor hide?
5. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
2. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
3. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
4. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
5. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
6. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
7. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
8. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
9. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
10. Describe the narrator of the story.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)