|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A ball.
2. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is noble.
(b) He works hard.
(c) He has saved money.
(d) He is intelligent.
3. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
4. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A grand parlor.
(b) A treasure room.
(c) A throne room.
(d) A grand ball.
5. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
(a) His nose.
(b) His ear.
(c) His thumb.
(d) His pinky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
2. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
3. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
4. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
5. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
2. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
3. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
4. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
5. What is Pythagor's social standing?
6. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
7. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
8. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
9. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
10. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)