|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(b) A ball.
(c) A blanket.
2. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the calf.
(b) On the backside.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the knee.
3. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He has saved money.
(b) He works hard.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is noble.
4. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A chicken run.
(b) A pig sty.
(c) A cow shed.
(d) A goose pen.
5. What do the men step outside to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
2. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
3. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
4. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
5. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
3. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
4. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
5. What is Pythagor's social standing?
6. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
7. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
8. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
9. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
10. How do the regiment change the town?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)