|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men step outside to do?
2. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
3. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A throne room.
(b) A grand parlor.
(c) A treasure room.
(d) A grand ball.
4. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Ivan's gun.
(b) Ivan's newspaper.
(c) Nikiforovich's geese.
(d) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
5. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
2. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
3. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
4. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
5. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pythagor's social standing?
2. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
3. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
4. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
5. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
6. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
7. How do the regiment change the town?
8. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
9. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
10. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)