|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
(a) He has not repaid her loan to him.
(b) He refused to marry her daughter.
(c) He killed her husband.
(d) He once ran over her dog.
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A love carriage.
(b) An army carriage.
(c) A school carriage.
(d) A sporty carriage.
3. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(a) Rich people.
(d) Old people.
4. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
(a) He is hungover.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is in the bath.
(d) He is feeling ill.
5. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is fun.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
2. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
3. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
4. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
5. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
2. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
3. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
4. How do the regiment change the town?
5. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
6. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
7. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
8. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
9. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
10. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)