|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(a) The devil.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
2. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A soldier.
3. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A pot of coffee.
(b) A brown sow.
(c) A bottle of vinegar.
(d) A goat.
4. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A treasure room.
(b) A throne room.
(c) A grand parlor.
(d) A grand ball.
5. What is Ivan Yakovlevich's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
2. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
3. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
4. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
5. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the regiment change the town?
2. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
3. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
4. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
5. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
6. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
7. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
8. Describe the narrator of the story.
9. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
10. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)