|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nose.
(c) His hand.
(d) His dog.
2. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A mask.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A pillow.
3. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
4. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is noble.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He has saved money.
(d) He works hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
2. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
3. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
4. What does the brown sow run off with?
5. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
2. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
3. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
4. How do the regiment change the town?
5. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
6. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
7. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
8. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
9. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
10. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)