|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
2. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) A sheriff and a general.
(b) A sea captain and a dentist.
(c) A judge and mayor.
(d) A lawyer and a doctor.
3. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He died before he could.
(b) He felt evilness.
(c) He lost the use of his hands.
(d) He stole money from the moneylender.
4. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Police Chief.
5. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A treasure room.
(b) A grand ball.
(c) A throne room.
(d) A grand parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
2. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
3. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
4. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
5. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
2. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
3. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
4. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
5. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
6. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
7. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
8. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
9. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
10. What is Pythagor's social standing?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)