|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
2. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
3. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
4. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. George's Bridge.
(b) St. Francis's Bridge.
(c) St. Issac's Bridge.
(d) St. Clement's Bridge.
5. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's hair.
(b) The man's eyes.
(c) The man's smile.
(d) The man's skin color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
2. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
3. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
4. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
5. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
2. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
3. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
4. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
5. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
6. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
7. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
8. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
9. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
10. How do the regiment change the town?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)