|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Con him out of it.
(b) Steal his carpets.
(c) Set it alight.
(d) Break his windows.
2. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(b) Old people.
(d) Rich people.
3. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) Phythagor's wife.
(d) The General.
4. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A pretentious painter.
(b) A commercial painter.
(c) A serious painter.
(d) A genius painter.
5. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
2. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
3. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
4. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
5. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
2. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
3. Describe the narrator of the story.
4. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
5. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
6. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
7. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
8. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
9. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
10. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)