|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He drops a boulder on top of it.
(b) He pushes into the river.
(c) He sets it alight.
(d) He saws off its legs.
2. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The devil.
3. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A soldier.
4. What food are the judge and mayor reduced to eating?
(a) Gravy and biscuits.
(b) Gruel and raisons.
(c) Bread and butter.
(d) Pancakes and custard.
5. What do the men step outside to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
3. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
4. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
5. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pythagor's social standing?
2. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
3. How do the regiment change the town?
4. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
5. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
6. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
7. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
8. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
9. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
10. Describe the narrator of the story.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)