|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A school carriage.
(b) A love carriage.
(c) An army carriage.
(d) A sporty carriage.
3. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. George's Bridge.
(b) St. Clement's Bridge.
(c) St. Francis's Bridge.
(d) St. Issac's Bridge.
4. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) The General.
(c) Phythagor's wife.
5. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will kill him.
(b) They will crown him.
(c) They will beat him.
(d) They will throw a party for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the brown sow run off with?
2. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
3. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
4. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
5. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
2. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
3. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
4. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
5. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
6. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
7. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
8. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
9. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
10. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)