|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) The General.
(d) Phythagor's wife.
2. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
(a) His sow.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His saw.
(d) His notebook.
3. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A mask.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
5. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
(a) A priest.
(b) A moneylender.
(c) A monk.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
2. What does Chartov try to paint after he sees the young artist's work?
3. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
4. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
5. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the regiment change the town?
2. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
3. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
4. Why does Ivanovich have to bring his sow before the court?
5. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
6. What does Ivanovich find out about in the letters?
7. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
8. How does Ivanovich become King Ferdinand III?
9. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
10. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)