|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
2. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) The General.
(c) Phythagor's wife.
3. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The King of Sweden.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King of Spain.
5. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They have want to fight.
(b) They have eaten too much.
(c) They want to show off their tattoos.
(d) They feel hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
2. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
3. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
4. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
5. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
2. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
3. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
4. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
5. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
6. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
7. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
8. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
9. What is Pythagor's social standing?
10. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)