|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will throw a party for him.
(b) They will kill him.
(c) They will beat him.
(d) They will crown him.
2. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
3. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the knee.
(b) On the backside.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the calf.
4. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
5. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) King Carlos I.
(c) King Ivan I.
(d) King Ferdinand III.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
2. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
3. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
4. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
5. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
2. How does Chartokov's life change when he becomes rich?
3. What advice did Chartov's professor give him?
4. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
5. Describe the narrator of the story.
6. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
7. What is Pythagor's social standing?
8. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
9. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
10. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)