|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
(a) A factory.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A farmstead.
(d) A mansion.
2. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
(a) Tickle her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Play tricks on her.
(d) Poke fun at her.
3. What rank is Ivan promoted to after eleven years?
4. Where does the story of the Chief of the Gnomes begin?
(b) Khuma Brut.
(c) Braksky Monastry.
(d) Tiberiy Gorobets.
5. What does the devil do to the town?
(a) He floods it in darkness.
(b) He floods it with water.
(c) He sets it alight.
(d) He steals all the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
2. What is a cossack?
3. When do the doors sing?
4. Who does Pulheria arrange to take care of her husband?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pulkeria's life change when her cat disappears?
2. What happens to the characters at the end of the story?
3. How does Katerina's father injure Danilo in this story?
4. How does Valuka gain possession of the devil's shoes?
5. How does Ivas save Pyotr from a beating?
6. What is remarkable about Afanasy's house?
7. How does Ivan's aunt surprise when he visits her at the farm?
8. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
9. What does Pytor have to do before he marries Pidorka?
10. Why has the devil cast darkness over Dikanka?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)