|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Khoma prays at the witch's coffin?
(a) The witch grabs him.
(b) The witch disappears.
(c) The witch laughs.
(d) The witch rises to heaven.
2. Where does the devil keep the moon?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his basement.
(c) In his shoe.
(d) In his pocket.
3. What is the name of the main character in this story?
4. What is Thoma's one strange eccentricity?
(a) He doesn't hiccup.
(b) He doesn't like to say the same thing twice.
(c) He doesn't like wearing shoes.
(d) He doesn't like to see anything out of place.
5. What is said that Peter's parents died from?
(b) The measles.
(c) Godless souls.
(d) The pest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Katerina's father?
2. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
3. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
4. What kind of animal does the old woman turn Kouma into?
5. What does Pulheria think the change in her cat's behavior means?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Afansay react to Pulkheria's death?
2. How do the three students come upon the farmstead?
3. What does Pytor have to do before he marries Pidorka?
4. What is the curse that Petro had put upon him?
5. How does Katerina's father injure Danilo in this story?
6. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
7. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
8. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
9. How does Ivan appear to Petro at the end of the story?
10. Summarize the Night Before Christmas story.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)