|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of student is Ivan?
(a) A bored student.
(b) The perfect student.
(c) A fun-loving student.
(d) A disruptive student.
2. What does Khoma have to do for a Cossack chief?
(a) Arrange a wedding.
(b) Buy a good horse.
(c) Recruit soldiers.
(d) Give an eulogy for his daughter.
3. What is Valuka's job in town?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A judge.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does the church elder like to drink?
5. How does Ivan describe his aunt's appearance?
(a) Ugly and spiteful.
(b) Old and frail.
(c) Strong and healthy.
(d) Deathlike and ghostly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the devil keep the moon?
2. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
3. What does Thoma say flowed like water?
4. What is the name of the town in this story?
5. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
2. How does this story end?
3. Summarize the Night Before Christmas story.
4. What is remarkable about Afanasy's house?
5. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
6. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
7. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
8. How does important person react when Akaky goes to see him about his stolen overcoat?
9. Describe Nevsky Prospect?
10. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)