|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katerina try to kill her father?
(a) She drops a boulder on his head.
(b) She strangles him.
(c) She stabs him.
(d) She shoots him
2. What is Valuka's job in town?
(a) A judge.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A doctor.
3. What did the witch do when she turned into a dog?
(a) Killed other dogs.
(b) Drank a baby's blood.
(c) Ate the town's food supplies.
(d) Contaminated the town's water.
4. What does Solokha steal?
(a) The stars.
(b) The sun.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The moon.
5. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter have do to obtain the gold?
2. Where is Khoma from?
3. How does Valuka portray the devil in his painting?
4. What does the old hag turn into after Khoma kills her?
5. What kind of student is Ivan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katerina die in this story?
2. What happens to the characters at the end of the story?
3. Summarize the Night Before Christmas story.
4. How does Valuka gain back his self respect?
5. Why does Khoma have to say an eulogy for the cossack's daughter?
6. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
7. Why has the devil cast darkness over Dikanka?
8. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
9. Why does Ivan have to retire from the regiment?
10. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)