|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the property next to Ivan's farm?
2. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A witch.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) An elf.
(d) A warlock.
3. What is the name of the town in this story?
4. What does the devil want Valuka to teach him?
(a) How to fall in love.
(b) How to corrupt the townsfolk.
(c) How to be good.
(d) How to make a sword.
5. What does the old hag turn into after Khoma kills her?
(a) A child.
(b) A pig.
(c) A stone.
(d) A beautiful girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katerina dream that her father is?
2. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
3. What kind of student is Ivan?
4. How did the Cossack's daughter die?
5. What does Ivan have nightmares about at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grigory react when Ivan asks him about signing over the deed?
2. How does Pytor cope with his role in the murder of Ivas?
3. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
4. Why does Ivan have to retire from the regiment?
5. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
6. Describe Ivan's time in the regiment?
7. What is remarkable about Afanasy's house?
8. What is the curse that Petro had put upon him?
9. How does Ivan appear to Petro at the end of the story?
10. How does Ivan's aunt surprise when he visits her at the farm?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)