|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) An inn.
(d) A grocers.
2. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
(a) Play tricks on her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Poke fun at her.
(d) Tickle her.
3. What protects Khoma from the witch?
(a) A square.
(b) A bible.
(c) A circle.
(d) A crucifix.
4. Why does the devil want to cause hate between Valuka and Choub?
(a) So he can steal their souls.
(b) So he take over their homes.
(c) So Choub will beat Valuka.
(d) So he dance on their graves.
5. When do the doors sing?
(a) When the stars are out.
(b) When the sun goes down.
(c) When the sun comes up.
(d) When the moon is full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Atahnasii use to chase away the devil?
2. When does Pulkeria think she will die?
3. Who does most of the old couple's work on the farm?
4. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
5. What happens as Khoma prays at the witch's coffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pytor have to do before he marries Pidorka?
2. How do people react to the paintings in the art shop in Shchukin market?
3. How does Ivan's aunt surprise when he visits her at the farm?
4. Describe the old couple's life on the farm?
5. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
6. How does Katerina die in this story?
7. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
8. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
9. How does Akaky raise 80 kopecks for a new coat?
10. What does Nikiforovich say to Ivanovich in court?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)