|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
(a) Katerina's husband.
(b) His wife.
(c) Petro's punishment.
(d) Katerina's death.
2. Where does Katerina's father shoot Danilo?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the head.
3. What nationality is the man that Pidorka is being forced to marry?
4. What do Ukrainians call the Chief of the Gnomes?
5. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(b) A stone.
(d) An orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Valuka and the devil travel to the palace?
2. What is a cossack?
3. What does the church elder like to drink?
4. How does Ivan describe his aunt's appearance?
5. Where does the devil keep the moon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan appear to Petro at the end of the story?
2. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
3. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
4. How does Ivan Yakovlevich find Kovalev's nose?
5. Describe Ivan's time in the regiment?
6. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
7. What does Piskarev visualize when he takes the opium?
8. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
9. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
10. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)