|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solokha steal?
(a) The moon.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sun.
2. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
3. What is Thoma's one strange eccentricity?
(a) He doesn't like to say the same thing twice.
(b) He doesn't like wearing shoes.
(c) He doesn't hiccup.
(d) He doesn't like to see anything out of place.
4. What does Katerina dream that her father is?
(a) A pimp.
(b) The devil.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A warlock.
5. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
(a) Poke fun at her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Play tricks on her.
(d) Tickle her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
2. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
3. What does the church elder like to drink?
4. What did the witch do when she turned into a dog?
5. Who does most of the old couple's work on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivas save Pyotr from a beating?
2. Describe the old couple's life on the farm?
3. Why has the devil cast darkness over Dikanka?
4. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
5. Summarize the Night Before Christmas story.
6. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
7. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
8. How does Pytor cope with his role in the murder of Ivas?
9. Why does Khoma have to say an eulogy for the cossack's daughter?
10. How does Afansay react to Pulkheria's death?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)