|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the witch's name?
2. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
(a) Katerina's death.
(b) Katerina's husband.
(c) Petro's punishment.
(d) His wife.
3. Where does the story of the Chief of the Gnomes begin?
(a) Tiberiy Gorobets.
(b) Braksky Monastry.
(d) Khuma Brut.
4. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A factory.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A farmstead.
5. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
(a) The devil.
(b) The church.
(c) The son of a dog.
(d) Peter's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old hag turn into after Khoma kills her?
2. Who does Ivan's aunt suggest he should marry?
3. What does Thoma say his grandfather never told in all his days?
4. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
5. How does Ivan describe his aunt's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
2. What is the moral of the story?
3. Summarize the Night Before Christmas story.
4. How does Katerina die in this story?
5. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
6. Why does Ivan have to retire from the regiment?
7. How does Pulkeria's life change when her cat disappears?
8. How does Afansay react to Pulkheria's death?
9. What does Pytor have to do before he marries Pidorka?
10. How does Khoma realize the old lady is a witch?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)