|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Ivan's family dies?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does Basavruik say he will meet Peter at midnight?
(a) The Bear's ravine.
(b) The Vodka den.
(c) The Beer garden.
(d) The Rook's nest.
3. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The cups snigger.
(b) The gnomes laugh.
(c) The window screech.
(d) The doors sing.
4. Where does Danilo imprison Katerina's father?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The attic.
(c) The library.
(d) The parlor.
5. Where does Katerina's father shoot Danilo?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Danilo fight with when he arrives home?
2. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
3. What does Khoma have to do for a Cossack chief?
4. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
5. What is Thoma's one strange eccentricity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
2. What does Pytor have to do before he marries Pidorka?
3. How does Valuka gain back his self respect?
4. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
5. How does Grigory react when Ivan asks him about signing over the deed?
6. Describe the old couple's life on the farm?
7. What is the moral of the story?
8. How does Ivan appear to Petro at the end of the story?
9. How does Pulkeria's life change when her cat disappears?
10. How does Afansay react to Pulkheria's death?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)