|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
2. What is the name of the village church?
(a) St. Wren.
(b) St. Pantelei.
(c) St. Troon.
(d) St. Nickilas.
3. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
4. What happens as Khoma prays at the witch's coffin?
(a) The witch disappears.
(b) The witch rises to heaven.
(c) The witch grabs him.
(d) The witch laughs.
5. Why does Katerina fear the sorcerers?
(a) She is afraid they will take away her child.
(b) She is afraid they will turn her into a cloud.
(c) She is afraid they will kill her.
(d) She is afraid they want to impregnate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of student is Ivan?
2. What country is known as little Russia?
3. What is the main thing the old couple grow on the farm?
4. Where does Danilo imprison Katerina's father?
5. What protects Khoma from the witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
2. How does Katerina die in this story?
3. How do the three students come upon the farmstead?
4. Why does Ivan have to retire from the regiment?
5. What is Ivan Fyodorovich like as a student?
6. What is remarkable about Afanasy's house?
7. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
8. How do the devil and the witch leave Dikanta in pitch darkness?
9. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
10. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)