|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said that Peter's parents died from?
(a) The pest.
(b) The measles.
(c) Godless souls.
2. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
3. How does Katerina's father kill her baby?
(a) He throws it out of the window.
(b) He drowns it.
(c) He strangles it.
(d) He stabs it.
4. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
5. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
(a) Tickle her.
(b) Poke fun at her.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Play tricks on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pictures does Valuka paint?
2. What is the name of the main character in this story?
3. What is the name of Katerina's father?
4. What rank is Ivan promoted to after eleven years?
5. When does Pulkeria think she will die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does the devil make with Valuka?
2. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
3. Why is Katerina so frightened as she travels home with her husband?
4. What is the moral of the story?
5. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
6. What happens to the characters at the end of the story?
7. How does Ivas save Pyotr from a beating?
8. How does Valuka gain possession of the devil's shoes?
9. What is remarkable about Afanasy's house?
10. How does Ivan's aunt surprise when he visits her at the farm?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)