|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story of the Chief of the Gnomes begin?
(a) Tiberiy Gorobets.
(c) Khuma Brut.
(d) Braksky Monastry.
2. How do Valuka and the devil travel to the palace?
(a) They transport themselves.
(b) They sail.
(c) They take a train.
(d) They fly.
3. What do Ukrainians call the Chief of the Gnomes?
4. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
(a) His wife.
(b) Petro's punishment.
(c) Katerina's death.
(d) Katerina's husband.
5. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the witch want to cause mischief between Valuka and Choub?
2. How does the cat change when it returns home?
3. What was the name of Petro's brother?
4. Where does Gorobets bring Katerina and her baby for protection?
5. Which word best describes Ivan's aunt's personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this story end?
2. What happens to the characters at the end of the story?
3. What bad things do the villagers say the witch did when she was alive?
4. Why does Ivan have to retire from the regiment?
5. How does Ivas save Pyotr from a beating?
6. Why does Aunt Vasilisa want Ivan to marry Grigory's younger sister?
7. What is the curse that Petro had put upon him?
8. How does Katerina's father injure Danilo in this story?
9. Describe Ivan's time in the regiment?
10. Why do the devil and the witch want to cause problems between Valuka and Choub?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)