Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gorobets and his family celebrating in this story?
(a) His son's wedding.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His son's christening.
(d) His wedding anniversary.
2. How does Ivan travel home?
3. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The cups snigger.
(b) The doors sing.
(c) The window screech.
(d) The gnomes laugh.
4. What does the Cossack say he will do if Khoma does not return to his daughter's coffin?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Throw him out of town.
(c) Force him to eat pig's swill.
(d) Put a curse on him.
5. What is the name of the village church?
(a) St. Nickilas.
(b) St. Troon.
(c) St. Pantelei.
(d) St. Wren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cat change when it returns home?
2. What kind of pictures does Valuka paint?
3. Who does Pulheria arrange to take care of her husband?
4. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
5. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator of the story.
2. Describe Akaky's appearance.
3. How does Ivanovich obtain the stack of letters?
4. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Khoma realize the old lady is a witch?
6. Describe Piskarev's dream about the girl?
7. How does Kovalev react when his nose returns?
8. How does Pirogov get beaten up in this story?
9. What was the town of B like before the regiment arrived?
10. How does Katerina's father injure Danilo in this story?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)