|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Atahnasii use to chase away the devil?
(a) A brush.
(b) A whip.
(c) A screwdiver.
(d) A hammer.
2. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
(a) A bar.
(b) A grocers.
(c) A church.
(d) An inn.
3. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The cups snigger.
(b) The doors sing.
(c) The gnomes laugh.
(d) The window screech.
4. What is the witch's name?
5. Why does the devil want to cause hate between Valuka and Choub?
(a) So he dance on their graves.
(b) So he take over their homes.
(c) So Choub will beat Valuka.
(d) So he can steal their souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the devil want Valuka to teach him?
2. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
3. What plagues Katerina's father after he kills his daughter?
4. What did the witch do when she turned into a dog?
5. How do Danilo and Katerina travel to Dnieper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan dispose of Kovalev's nose?
2. How does Kovalev think Podtochina is involved in the disappearance of his nose?
3. How does Fedoseevna interfere with the argument between the two men?
4. How does Ivan appear to Petro at the end of the story?
5. Describe the painting Chartkov buys from the art shop.
6. How does Ivanonich insult Nikiforovich at the beginning of the story?
7. How is Pythagor embarrassed at the end of the story?
8. How does Afansay react to Pulkheria's death?
9. What is Pythagor's social standing?
10. What is Ivan Fyodorovich like as a student?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)