|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
2. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A pretentious painter.
(b) A serious painter.
(c) A commercial painter.
(d) A genius painter.
3. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
4. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(a) A ball.
(c) A blanket.
5. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
6. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He is hungover.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He is in the bath.
7. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
8. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
9. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) To get back money.
(b) For some drinks.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) For dinner.
10. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
11. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His hair.
(b) His ear.
(c) His throat.
(d) His nose.
12. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They feel hot.
(b) They have want to fight.
(c) They have eaten too much.
(d) They want to show off their tattoos.
13. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(a) St. Petersburg.
14. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
(a) A moneylender.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A monk.
(d) A priest.
15. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A finger.
(b) A coin.
(c) A nose.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
2. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
3. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
4. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
5. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)