|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his carriage.
(c) In his stables.
(d) Behind the curtains.
2. What do the men step outside to do?
3. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) King Carlos I.
(c) King Ferdinand III.
(d) King Ivan I.
4. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
5. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A mask.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A pillow.
6. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) Phythagor's wife.
(d) The General.
7. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The post office.
8. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) Outside her gate.
(b) Outside the stable.
(c) In the cafe.
(d) In the graveyard.
9. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
10. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A grand lady.
(c) A match girl.
(d) A foxy lady.
11. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Clement's Bridge.
(b) St. Issac's Bridge.
(c) St. George's Bridge.
(d) St. Francis's Bridge.
12. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(c) A soldier.
(d) A policeman.
13. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has no nose.
(c) He is not a drug addict.
(d) He is a better class of man.
14. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His nose.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hand.
15. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is intelligent.
(b) He is noble.
(c) He has saved money.
(d) He works hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
2. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
3. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
4. What does Chartov try to paint after he sees the young artist's work?
5. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)