|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pirogov's rank?
2. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(b) Nikiforovich's geese.
(c) Ivan's newspaper.
(d) Ivan's gun.
3. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
4. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will beat him.
(b) They will throw a party for him.
(c) They will crown him.
(d) They will kill him.
5. What does Chartov try to paint after he sees the young artist's work?
(a) A fallen angel.
(c) Jesus Christ.
6. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A pig sty.
(b) A cow shed.
(c) A goose pen.
(d) A chicken run.
7. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
(a) His notebook.
(b) His sow.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His saw.
8. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A throne room.
(b) A treasure room.
(c) A grand ball.
(d) A grand parlor.
9. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the backside.
(b) On the calf.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the knee.
10. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is fun.
11. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
12. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His dog.
(b) His nose.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hand.
13. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
(a) A fang.
(b) A pig.
(c) A goose.
(d) A turkey.
14. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
15. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The King of Sweden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
2. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
3. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
4. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
5. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)