|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
2. What food are the judge and mayor reduced to eating?
(a) Gravy and biscuits.
(b) Gruel and raisons.
(c) Pancakes and custard.
(d) Bread and butter.
3. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. George's Bridge.
(b) St. Francis's Bridge.
(c) St. Issac's Bridge.
(d) St. Clement's Bridge.
4. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The devil.
5. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He sets it alight.
(b) He pushes into the river.
(c) He saws off its legs.
(d) He drops a boulder on top of it.
6. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A goose pen.
(b) A cow shed.
(c) A chicken run.
(d) A pig sty.
7. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A ball.
8. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He felt evilness.
(b) He died before he could.
(c) He lost the use of his hands.
(d) He stole money from the moneylender.
9. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will kill him.
(b) They will throw a party for him.
(c) They will crown him.
(d) They will beat him.
10. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is intelligent.
(b) He has saved money.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He is noble.
11. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A bay mare.
(b) A carnival mare.
(c) A tom mare.
(d) A lice mare.
12. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
13. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(b) St. Petersburg.
14. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
(a) A moneylender.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A monk.
15. What does Chartov try to paint after he sees the young artist's work?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) A fallen angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
2. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
3. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
4. What does the brown sow run off with?
5. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)