|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A cow shed.
(b) A pig sty.
(c) A goose pen.
(d) A chicken run.
2. What is Pirogov's rank?
3. What do the men step outside to do?
4. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) Behind the curtains.
(b) In his stables.
(c) In his carriage.
(d) Under his bed.
5. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His nose.
(b) His ear.
(c) His hair.
(d) His throat.
6. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(b) The devil.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
7. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
8. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's skin color.
(b) The man's eyes.
(c) The man's hair.
(d) The man's smile.
9. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
10. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
(a) The Landscapers.
(b) The Oil People.
(c) The Art Society.
(d) The Magic Circle.
11. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
(a) Royal robes.
(b) Asian robes.
(c) African robes.
(d) Parisian robes.
12. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Police Chief.
13. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
14. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
15. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Break his windows.
(b) Con him out of it.
(c) Steal his carpets.
(d) Set it alight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
2. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
3. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
4. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
5. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)