|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
2. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(b) Old people.
(d) Rich people.
3. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
(a) His ear.
(b) His nose.
(c) His thumb.
(d) His pinky.
4. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
5. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Spit at them.
(c) Poke at them.
(d) Kick them.
6. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(a) The Police Chief.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Judge.
7. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
8. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The devil.
9. What does Ivanovich do with the letter when he reads Sophie wants to marry someone else?
(a) He scribbles over them.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He throws them out of his window.
10. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The post office.
11. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Ferdinand III.
(b) King Ivan I.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) King Carlos I.
12. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
(a) He is hungover.
(b) He is in the bath.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He is out of town.
13. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's smile.
(b) The man's hair.
(c) The man's skin color.
(d) The man's eyes.
14. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He pushes into the river.
(b) He sets it alight.
(c) He saws off its legs.
(d) He drops a boulder on top of it.
15. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his carriage.
(c) In his stables.
(d) Behind the curtains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
2. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
3. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
4. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
5. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)