|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A bottle of vinegar.
(b) A goat.
(c) A brown sow.
(d) A pot of coffee.
2. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
(a) He has no nose.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is a better class of man.
(d) He is not a drug addict.
3. What is Pirogov's rank?
4. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
5. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is fun.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is shy.
6. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
7. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
8. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The post office.
9. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The devil.
10. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Kick them.
(c) Spit at them.
(d) Poke at them.
11. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A bay mare.
(b) A lice mare.
(c) A tom mare.
(d) A carnival mare.
12. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
13. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
14. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(b) Rich people.
(d) Old people.
15. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
2. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
3. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
4. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
5. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)