|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He saws off its legs.
(b) He pushes into the river.
(c) He sets it alight.
(d) He drops a boulder on top of it.
2. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Viennese carriage.
(b) A New York carriage.
(c) A London carriage.
(d) A Paris carriage.
3. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
(c) The judge.
(d) The Police Chief.
4. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
5. What does Ivanovich do with the letter when he reads Sophie wants to marry someone else?
(a) He scribbles over them.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He throws them out of his window.
(d) He tears them up.
6. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
7. What do the men step outside to do?
8. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) In the graveyard.
(b) Outside her gate.
(c) In the cafe.
(d) Outside the stable.
9. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A pig sty.
(b) A goose pen.
(c) A cow shed.
(d) A chicken run.
10. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) Phythagor's wife.
(d) The General.
11. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's hair.
(b) The man's skin color.
(c) The man's eyes.
(d) The man's smile.
12. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
13. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A mask.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A pillow.
14. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(c) St. Petersburg.
15. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A school carriage.
(b) A love carriage.
(c) An army carriage.
(d) A sporty carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
2. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
3. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
4. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
5. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)