|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A finger.
(b) A map.
(c) A nose.
(d) A coin.
2. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
3. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He drops a boulder on top of it.
(b) He saws off its legs.
(c) He pushes into the river.
(d) He sets it alight.
4. What do the men step outside to do?
5. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
(a) He refused to marry her daughter.
(b) He once ran over her dog.
(c) He has not repaid her loan to him.
(d) He killed her husband.
6. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
7. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) In his stables.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) In his carriage.
(d) Under his bed.
8. What food are the judge and mayor reduced to eating?
(a) Gruel and raisons.
(b) Bread and butter.
(c) Gravy and biscuits.
(d) Pancakes and custard.
9. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's skin color.
(b) The man's smile.
(c) The man's hair.
(d) The man's eyes.
10. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Ivan's gun.
(b) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(c) Ivan's newspaper.
(d) Nikiforovich's geese.
11. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is noble.
(b) He works hard.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He has saved money.
12. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the calf.
(b) On the hand.
(c) On the knee.
(d) On the backside.
13. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A commercial painter.
(b) A genius painter.
(c) A serious painter.
(d) A pretentious painter.
14. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. George's Bridge.
(b) St. Clement's Bridge.
(c) St. Issac's Bridge.
(d) St. Francis's Bridge.
15. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Spit at them.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Poke at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
2. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
3. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
4. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
5. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)