|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) To get back money.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) For dinner.
(d) For some drinks.
2. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
3. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He lost the use of his hands.
(b) He stole money from the moneylender.
(c) He felt evilness.
(d) He died before he could.
4. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
5. What do the men step outside to do?
6. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A love carriage.
(b) An army carriage.
(c) A sporty carriage.
(d) A school carriage.
7. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(c) St. Petersburg.
8. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
(a) Royal robes.
(b) African robes.
(c) Parisian robes.
(d) Asian robes.
9. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is fun.
10. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They have eaten too much.
(b) They want to show off their tattoos.
(c) They have want to fight.
(d) They feel hot.
11. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
12. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(b) The General.
(d) Phythagor's wife.
13. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Con him out of it.
(b) Break his windows.
(c) Steal his carpets.
(d) Set it alight.
14. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
(a) He has no nose.
(b) He is a better class of man.
(c) He is not a drug addict.
(d) He has no money.
15. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A mask.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
2. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
3. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
4. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
5. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)