|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Clement's Bridge.
(b) St. Issac's Bridge.
(c) St. Francis's Bridge.
(d) St. George's Bridge.
2. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
3. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The King of Sweden.
4. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He died before he could.
(b) He lost the use of his hands.
(c) He stole money from the moneylender.
(d) He felt evilness.
5. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A sporty carriage.
(b) An army carriage.
(c) A school carriage.
(d) A love carriage.
6. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A mask.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A handkerchief.
7. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
8. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) A judge and mayor.
(b) A lawyer and a doctor.
(c) A sea captain and a dentist.
(d) A sheriff and a general.
9. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They want to show off their tattoos.
(b) They feel hot.
(c) They have eaten too much.
(d) They have want to fight.
10. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A serious painter.
(b) A genius painter.
(c) A pretentious painter.
(d) A commercial painter.
11. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
(a) By telephone.
(b) By letter.
(c) By a messenger boy.
(d) By telegram.
12. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
(a) He has not repaid her loan to him.
(b) He killed her husband.
(c) He once ran over her dog.
(d) He refused to marry her daughter.
13. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
14. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
(a) A priest.
(b) A monk.
(c) A moneylender.
(d) A lawyer.
15. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is fun.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the brown sow run off with?
2. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
3. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
4. What kind of animal is Medgi?
5. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)