|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He died before he could.
(b) He felt evilness.
(c) He lost the use of his hands.
(d) He stole money from the moneylender.
2. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
3. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
4. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
5. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will kill him.
(b) They will crown him.
(c) They will throw a party for him.
(d) They will beat him.
6. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is fun.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is shy.
7. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They feel hot.
(b) They have eaten too much.
(c) They have want to fight.
(d) They want to show off their tattoos.
8. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A grand ball.
(b) A throne room.
(c) A treasure room.
(d) A grand parlor.
9. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the backside.
(b) On the calf.
(c) On the knee.
(d) On the hand.
10. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
11. What do the men step outside to do?
12. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Spit at them.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Poke at them.
13. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) The General.
(d) Phythagor's wife.
14. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The King of Sweden.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Duke of York.
15. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
(a) He killed her husband.
(b) He has not repaid her loan to him.
(c) He refused to marry her daughter.
(d) He once ran over her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
2. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
3. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
4. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
5. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)