|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only town officials prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
(a) A judge and mayor.
(b) A lawyer and a doctor.
(c) A sea captain and a dentist.
(d) A sheriff and a general.
2. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
(a) African robes.
(b) Asian robes.
(c) Parisian robes.
(d) Royal robes.
3. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A tom mare.
(b) A carnival mare.
(c) A lice mare.
(d) A bay mare.
4. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His nose.
(b) His wife.
(c) His hand.
(d) His dog.
5. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
6. What do the men step outside to do?
7. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(b) The General.
(c) Phythagor's wife.
8. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A goose pen.
(b) A chicken run.
(c) A cow shed.
(d) A pig sty.
9. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
10. What food are the judge and mayor reduced to eating?
(a) Gruel and raisons.
(b) Gravy and biscuits.
(c) Pancakes and custard.
(d) Bread and butter.
11. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the calf.
(b) On the backside.
(c) On the knee.
(d) On the hand.
12. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A map.
(b) A nose.
(c) A finger.
(d) A coin.
13. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
14. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will beat him.
(b) They will throw a party for him.
(c) They will crown him.
(d) They will kill him.
15. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
(a) By telegram.
(b) By letter.
(c) By telephone.
(d) By a messenger boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
2. What is the name of the market where the art shop is located?
3. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
4. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
5. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)