|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the backside.
(c) On the knee.
(d) On the calf.
2. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) For some drinks.
(c) To get back money.
(d) To borrow money.
3. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Set it alight.
(b) Break his windows.
(c) Steal his carpets.
(d) Con him out of it.
4. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) In the cafe.
(b) Outside her gate.
(c) Outside the stable.
(d) In the graveyard.
5. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
6. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(a) Old people.
(c) Rich people.
7. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's eyes.
(b) The man's hair.
(c) The man's smile.
(d) The man's skin color.
8. Why was the painter unable to complete the moneylender's portrait.
(a) He stole money from the moneylender.
(b) He died before he could.
(c) He felt evilness.
(d) He lost the use of his hands.
9. What is Ivan Yakovlevich's job?
10. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
(a) A goose.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A fang.
(d) A pig.
11. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is fun.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is stupid.
12. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
13. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A genius painter.
(b) A pretentious painter.
(c) A commercial painter.
(d) A serious painter.
14. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
15. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Scribble on them.
(b) Kick them.
(c) Poke at them.
(d) Spit at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
2. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
3. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
4. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
5. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)