|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His nose.
(b) His throat.
(c) His ear.
(d) His hair.
2. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
(a) A moneylender.
(b) A monk.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) The General.
(c) Phythagor's wife.
4. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
5. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of Sweden.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The Duke of York.
6. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His hand.
(b) His dog.
(c) His nose.
(d) His wife.
7. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(b) The Police Chief.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Mayor.
8. Why do the men have to unbutton their uniforms?
(a) They want to show off their tattoos.
(b) They have eaten too much.
(c) They feel hot.
(d) They have want to fight.
9. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(d) St. Petersburg.
10. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A treasure room.
(b) A grand ball.
(c) A grand parlor.
(d) A throne room.
11. What do the men step outside to do?
12. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A brown sow.
(b) A pot of coffee.
(c) A bottle of vinegar.
(d) A goat.
13. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A fair.
14. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) Outside her gate.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) Outside the stable.
(d) In the cafe.
15. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
2. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
3. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
4. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
5. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)