|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
2. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
3. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A match girl.
(b) A foxy lady.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A grand lady.
4. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) For some drinks.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) To get back money.
5. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A pretentious painter.
(b) A commercial painter.
(c) A serious painter.
(d) A genius painter.
6. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
(a) A goose.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A pig.
(d) A fang.
7. What does Ivanovich do with the letter when he reads Sophie wants to marry someone else?
(a) He scribbles over them.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He throws them out of his window.
8. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(a) A policeman.
(c) A soldier.
9. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He has saved money.
(b) He is noble.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He is intelligent.
10. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
11. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A chicken run.
(b) A cow shed.
(c) A goose pen.
(d) A pig sty.
12. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Ivan's newspaper.
(b) Ivan's gun.
(c) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(d) Nikiforovich's geese.
13. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A coin.
(b) A finger.
(c) A map.
(d) A nose.
14. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his carriage.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) In his stables.
15. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Ferdinand III.
(b) King Henry IV.
(c) King Carlos I.
(d) King Ivan I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
2. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
3. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
4. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
5. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)