|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of Sweden.
(d) The Duke of York.
2. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
3. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) In the graveyard.
(b) Outside her gate.
(c) In the cafe.
(d) Outside the stable.
4. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Police Chief.
(d) The Judge.
5. What does the nose do in the Cathedral?
6. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) An army carriage.
(b) A love carriage.
(c) A sporty carriage.
(d) A school carriage.
7. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A serious painter.
(b) A genius painter.
(c) A commercial painter.
(d) A pretentious painter.
8. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His hand.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) His nose.
9. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
10. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A tom mare.
(b) A carnival mare.
(c) A bay mare.
(d) A lice mare.
11. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He is noble.
(b) He has saved money.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He works hard.
12. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
13. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
(a) A grand ball.
(b) A throne room.
(c) A treasure room.
(d) A grand parlor.
14. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) In his stables.
(b) In his carriage.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) Under his bed.
15. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kovalev communicate with Podtochina?
2. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
3. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
4. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
5. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)