|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) Outside the stable.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) In the cafe.
(d) Outside her gate.
2. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A map.
(b) A nose.
(c) A coin.
(d) A finger.
3. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Viennese carriage.
(b) A Paris carriage.
(c) A New York carriage.
(d) A London carriage.
4. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
5. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
6. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
(a) He is in the bath.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is hungover.
(d) He is feeling ill.
7. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His hair.
(b) His nose.
(c) His ear.
(d) His throat.
8. Who lights the lamps on Nevsky Prospect?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The devil.
9. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
10. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
(a) He once ran over her dog.
(b) He has not repaid her loan to him.
(c) He killed her husband.
(d) He refused to marry her daughter.
11. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(b) Ivan's gun.
(c) Ivan's newspaper.
(d) Nikiforovich's geese.
12. Who does Ivanovich hear has died in this story?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The King of Sweden.
(d) The King of Spain.
13. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
(b) The Police Chief.
(c) The judge.
14. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's skin color.
(b) The man's hair.
(c) The man's eyes.
(d) The man's smile.
15. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
(a) Poke at them.
(b) Spit at them.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Scribble on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
2. What did the artist become after painting the portrait of the moneylender?
3. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
4. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
5. Where does Priogv dream he goes to in the carriage the girl sends?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)