|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
(a) Royal robes.
(b) African robes.
(c) Asian robes.
(d) Parisian robes.
2. Why does Ivanoch think he has much to offer?
(a) He has saved money.
(b) He is noble.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He is intelligent.
3. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the calf.
(c) On the backside.
(d) On the knee.
4. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His dog.
(b) His hand.
(c) His wife.
(d) His nose.
5. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He saws off its legs.
(b) He pushes into the river.
(c) He drops a boulder on top of it.
(d) He sets it alight.
6. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
(a) His pinky.
(b) His nose.
(c) His ear.
(d) His thumb.
7. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(b) St. Petersburg.
8. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A mask.
(d) A handkerchief.
9. Who brings Nikiforovich to the party?
(a) The judge.
(d) The Police Chief.
10. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A fair.
11. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
12. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(a) A soldier.
(c) A policeman.
13. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will throw a party for him.
(b) They will kill him.
(c) They will crown him.
(d) They will beat him.
14. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
(a) A chicken run.
(b) A pig sty.
(c) A goose pen.
(d) A cow shed.
15. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A pretentious painter.
(b) A genius painter.
(c) A serious painter.
(d) A commercial painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
2. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
3. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
4. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
5. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)