|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Henry IV.
(b) King Ivan I.
(c) King Carlos I.
(d) King Ferdinand III.
2. Where does Fidele bite Ivanovich?
(a) On the calf.
(b) On the hand.
(c) On the backside.
(d) On the knee.
3. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A goat.
(b) A brown sow.
(c) A bottle of vinegar.
(d) A pot of coffee.
4. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(b) A policeman.
(d) A soldier.
5. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
6. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His sow.
(d) His saw.
7. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A grand lady.
(b) A foxy lady.
(c) A match girl.
(d) A prostitute.
8. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
9. What does Medgi think of the clerk that sharpens pens in the office?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is fun.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is stupid.
10. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Paris carriage.
(b) A New York carriage.
(c) A London carriage.
(d) A Viennese carriage.
11. What do the men step outside to do?
12. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
13. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
(a) He pushes into the river.
(b) He saws off its legs.
(c) He sets it alight.
(d) He drops a boulder on top of it.
14. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A carnival mare.
(b) A bay mare.
(c) A lice mare.
(d) A tom mare.
15. What is Pirogov's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pythagor tell his wife to tell the general?
2. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
3. Where does Ivan Ivanovich live?
4. What does Nikiforovich call Ivan when he asks for his gun?
5. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)