|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will crown him.
(b) They will kill him.
(c) They will beat him.
(d) They will throw a party for him.
2. Which character arrives home at 4 a.m.?
(a) Phythagor's wife.
(c) The General.
3. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
(a) A fair.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A dinner party.
4. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To get back money.
(c) For some drinks.
(d) To borrow money.
5. In which city is Nevsky Prospect located?
(a) St. Petersburg.
6. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Set it alight.
(b) Break his windows.
(c) Con him out of it.
(d) Steal his carpets.
7. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
8. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The post office.
9. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
10. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
(a) A Viennese carriage.
(b) A New York carriage.
(c) A Paris carriage.
(d) A London carriage.
11. What kind of animal is Medgi?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
12. Who brings Kovalev his nose?
(a) A soldier.
(c) A policeman.
13. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His nose.
(b) His hair.
(c) His ear.
(d) His throat.
14. What does Ivan want to give his neighbor in exchange for the neighbor's gun?
(a) A pot of coffee.
(b) A bottle of vinegar.
(c) A goat.
(d) A brown sow.
15. What is the name of the area in St. Petersburg where many poor and retired people live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kovalev think Podtochina has cast a spell on him?
2. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
3. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
4. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
5. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)