|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan say he is going when the policeman stops him?
(c) The post office.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Where does Ivanovich wait for the government official's daughter?
(a) Outside the stable.
(b) In the cafe.
(c) Outside her gate.
(d) In the graveyard.
3. What does Ivanovich steal from the dog's bed?
(c) A ball.
(d) A blanket.
4. What is the nationality of the shop owner?
5. What is the striking thing about the portrait Chartkov buys?
(a) The man's hair.
(b) The man's smile.
(c) The man's skin color.
(d) The man's eyes.
6. What is the name of the girl Ivanovich is in love with?
7. What is Pirogov's rank?
8. Who viists Ivanovich immediately after the court case?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Police Chief.
9. What do the men step outside to do?
10. Who does the blond girl marry in this story?
11. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
(a) Rich people.
(c) Old people.
12. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A tom mare.
(b) A lice mare.
(c) A bay mare.
(d) A carnival mare.
13. What part of his body does Piskarev cut?
(a) His hair.
(b) His nose.
(c) His throat.
(d) His ear.
14. What does Kovalev use to hide the fact he has no nose?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A mask.
(d) A handkerchief.
15. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
(a) A sporty carriage.
(b) An army carriage.
(c) A school carriage.
(d) A love carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
2. What kind of drug does the shop owner sell?
3. What kind of robes did the old money lender wear?
4. What event does the Police Chief arrange?
5. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)