|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
(a) He is a better class of man.
(b) He has no nose.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He is not a drug addict.
2. Who asks Chartov to view the work of a young artist?
(a) The Magic Circle.
(b) The Oil People.
(c) The Landscapers.
(d) The Art Society.
3. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To get back money.
(c) For some drinks.
(d) For dinner.
4. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
(a) They will kill him.
(b) They will beat him.
(c) They will crown him.
(d) They will throw a party for him.
5. Where does Pythagor hide?
(a) Behind the curtains.
(b) In his stables.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his carriage.
6. What is Yakovlevish eating for breakfast at the beginning of the story?
7. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Issac's Bridge.
(b) St. Clement's Bridge.
(c) St. George's Bridge.
(d) St. Francis's Bridge.
8. What does the brown sow run off with?
(a) Ivan's gun.
(b) Nikiforovich's geese.
(c) Nikiforovich's complaint document.
(d) Ivan's newspaper.
9. What does Yakovlevich find in the middle of his bread?
(a) A coin.
(b) A finger.
(c) A map.
(d) A nose.
10. What is Pirogov's rank?
11. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His nose.
(b) His hand.
(c) His wife.
(d) His dog.
12. What is the name of the young artist who looks in the art shop?
13. Who does Prirogov dream the young could have been?
(a) A match girl.
(b) A foxy lady.
(c) A grand lady.
(d) A prostitute.
14. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
15. What is the name of the king Ivanovich thinks he is?
(a) King Carlos I.
(b) King Ferdinand III.
(c) King Henry IV.
(d) King Ivan I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
2. Where do Nikiforovich and Ivanovich live?
3. How does Ivan destroy Nikiforovich's goose pen?
4. What kind of carriage does Pythagor arrive in?
5. What does Schiller want Hoffman to cut off?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)