|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pictures does Valuka paint?
(a) Landscape pictures.
(b) Religious pictures.
(c) Portrait pictures.
(d) Abstract pictures.
2. What does Ivan's aunt want him to do?
(a) Organize his mother's funeral.
(b) Marry a rich women.
(c) Pay for a doctor.
(d) Resign from the army.
3. How do Valuka and the devil travel to the palace?
(a) They sail.
(b) They take a train.
(c) They fly.
(d) They transport themselves.
4. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
(a) A hunting whip.
(b) A horse whip.
(c) A tennis racket.
(d) A leather belt.
5. How does Katerina try to kill her father?
(a) She drops a boulder on his head.
(b) She strangles him.
(c) She shoots him
(d) She stabs him.
6. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
(a) Petro's punishment.
(b) Katerina's death.
(c) Katerina's husband.
(d) His wife.
7. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(b) A stone.
(c) An orange.
8. What does the devil steal?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The star.
9. Where is Khoma from?
(a) St. Petersburg.
10. What do Ukrainians call the Chief of the Gnomes?
11. What was the name of Petro's brother?
12. What does Thoma say his grandfather never told in all his days?
(b) A truth.
(c) A bad story.
(d) A joke.
13. What is the name of the town in this story?
14. Who owns the property next to Ivan's farm?
15. What does Katerina dream that her father is?
(a) The devil.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A warlock.
(d) A sorcerer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoma say flowed like water?
2. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
3. What is a cossack?
4. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
5. What color are the shoes Valuka gets for Oksana?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)