|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The cups snigger.
(b) The gnomes laugh.
(c) The window screech.
(d) The doors sing.
2. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
3. Where does Gorobets bring Katerina and her baby for protection?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
(a) Tsarina's shoes.
(b) Heaven's wings.
(c) The devil's cloak.
(d) Rasputin's sword.
5. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
(a) A horse whip.
(b) A hunting whip.
(c) A leather belt.
(d) A tennis racket.
6. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
(a) A bar.
(b) A grocers.
(c) A church.
(d) An inn.
7. What does Khoma have to do for a Cossack chief?
(a) Recruit soldiers.
(b) Buy a good horse.
(c) Arrange a wedding.
(d) Give an eulogy for his daughter.
8. What is the main thing the old couple grow on the farm?
9. What plagues Katerina's father after he kills his daughter?
(a) The police.
(b) A horseman.
(d) A watchman.
10. What is the name of Oksana's father?
11. Why does Ivan not want to marry Grigor's sister?
(a) He has a broken heart.
(b) He does not love the woman.
(c) He is not the marrying kind.
(d) He wants to go back to the army.
12. What does Ivan join at the age of 17?
(a) The infantry.
(b) The navy.
(c) The Hari Krishnas.
(d) The Eagles.
13. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A witch.
(b) A warlock.
(c) An elf.
(d) A sorcerer.
14. What runs out of the farmhouse to meet Peter and Basavriuk?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A child.
15. What does the devil want Valuka to teach him?
(a) How to corrupt the townsfolk.
(b) How to make a sword.
(c) How to be good.
(d) How to fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the doors sing?
2. What kind of pictures does Valuka paint?
3. What is Valuka's job in town?
4. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
5. Who does Ivan's aunt suggest he should marry?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)