|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the devil want Valuka to teach him?
(a) How to corrupt the townsfolk.
(b) How to fall in love.
(c) How to be good.
(d) How to make a sword.
2. How does Katerina's father kill her baby?
(a) He throws it out of the window.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He strangles it.
3. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
(a) Heaven's wings.
(b) Tsarina's shoes.
(c) Rasputin's sword.
(d) The devil's cloak.
4. What is the name of the husband in this story?
5. What does Peter need as much as he needs last year's snow?
(c) A job.
6. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A farmstead.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A factory.
7. How does Katerina try to kill her father?
(a) She stabs him.
(b) She strangles him.
(c) She drops a boulder on his head.
(d) She shoots him
8. What kind of animal is Pulkheria's favorite pet?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A hamster.
9. What is Valuka's job in town?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A judge.
(d) A nurse.
10. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(a) An orange.
(c) A stone.
11. What runs out of the farmhouse to meet Peter and Basavriuk?
(a) A child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A chicken.
12. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
(a) A grocers.
(b) An inn.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
13. Where does the devil keep the moon?
(a) In his shoe.
(b) In his basement.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) Under his bed.
14. Who does Danilo fight with when he arrives home?
(c) Katerina's father.
(d) Katerina's brother.
15. When does Pulkeria think she will die?
(a) During the summer.
(b) During the spring.
(c) During the winter.
(d) During the autumn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Khoma from the witch?
2. What does Solokha steal?
3. What animal does Thoma compare to Basavruik's eyes?
4. What did the witch do when she turned into a dog?
5. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)