|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A hunting whip.
(d) A horse whip.
2. What kind of pictures does Valuka paint?
(a) Religious pictures.
(b) Landscape pictures.
(c) Portrait pictures.
(d) Abstract pictures.
3. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A witch.
(c) An elf.
(d) A sorcerer.
4. What does Ivan have nightmares about at the end of the story?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Visiting the dentist.
(c) Having a wife.
(d) Having a child.
5. How does Katerina's father kill her baby?
(a) He strangles it.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He throws it out of the window.
6. What is the name of the village church?
(a) St. Nickilas.
(b) St. Wren.
(c) St. Troon.
(d) St. Pantelei.
7. How does the cat change when it returns home?
(a) It is rabid.
(b) It is pregnant.
(c) It is never hungry.
(d) It is wild.
8. What is said that Peter's parents died from?
(a) The measles.
(b) The pest.
(d) Godless souls.
9. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
(a) The church.
(b) The son of a dog.
(c) Peter's death.
(d) The devil.
10. How do Danilo and Katerina travel to Dnieper?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
11. What does Katerina dream that her father is?
(a) The devil.
(b) A warlock.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A sorcerer.
12. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
(a) A factory.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A farmstead.
(d) An apartment building.
13. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
14. What do Ukrainians call the Chief of the Gnomes?
15. Why does Ivan not want to marry Grigor's sister?
(a) He does not love the woman.
(b) He is not the marrying kind.
(c) He wants to go back to the army.
(d) He has a broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivan's aunt suggest he should marry?
2. What is the name of Katerina's father?
3. What does Afansay like to do to his wife?
4. Where does the devil keep the moon?
5. What is the witch's name?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)