|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wife in this story?
2. How did the Cossack's daughter die?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She had a stroke.
(c) She contracted consumption.
(d) She was murdered.
3. What country is known as little Russia?
(a) The Ukraine.
4. Where does the devil keep the moon?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his basement.
(c) In his shoe.
(d) Under his bed.
5. Who does Pulheria arrange to take care of her husband?
(a) A nurse.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) A gilly.
6. Who does most of the old couple's work on the farm?
(b) Their children.
7. Who does Danilo fight with when he arrives home?
(c) Katerina's father.
(d) Katerina's brother.
8. What is the witch's name?
9. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
10. What color are the shoes Valuka gets for Oksana?
11. Where does Basavruik say he will meet Peter at midnight?
(a) The Beer garden.
(b) The Rook's nest.
(c) The Bear's ravine.
(d) The Vodka den.
12. What runs out of the farmhouse to meet Peter and Basavriuk?
(a) A dog.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A bear.
(d) A child.
13. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
14. Where does the story of the Chief of the Gnomes begin?
(a) Khuma Brut.
(b) Tiberiy Gorobets.
(d) Braksky Monastry.
15. What kind of student is Ivan?
(a) The perfect student.
(b) A fun-loving student.
(c) A bored student.
(d) A disruptive student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thoma's one strange eccentricity?
2. What color is Basavriuk as he sits on the stump?
3. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
4. Where is Khoma from?
5. What does Ivan's aunt want him to do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)