|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gorobets' brother?
2. What does Ivan's aunt want him to do?
(a) Organize his mother's funeral.
(b) Pay for a doctor.
(c) Resign from the army.
(d) Marry a rich women.
3. Where does Basavruik say he will meet Peter at midnight?
(a) The Bear's ravine.
(b) The Vodka den.
(c) The Beer garden.
(d) The Rook's nest.
4. What is Valuka's job in town?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A judge.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. How does Katerina's father kill her baby?
(a) He drowns it.
(b) He throws it out of the window.
(c) He strangles it.
(d) He stabs it.
6. Why does Ivan's aunt say she can longer take care of the family estate?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She wants to travel.
(d) She is too ill.
7. What nationality is the man that Pidorka is being forced to marry?
8. Who does Ivan's aunt suggest he should marry?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Grigory's sister.
(c) A Polack.
(d) A Russian princess.
9. What is Ivan Ivanovich's job?
10. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
11. Who does most of the old couple's work on the farm?
(a) Their children.
12. What was the name of Petro's brother?
13. What does Pulheria think the change in her cat's behavior means?
(a) It is dying.
(b) A bad omen.
(c) It is unhappy.
(d) She hasn't looked after it.
14. What is Gorobets and his family celebrating in this story?
(a) His son's wedding.
(b) His son's christening.
(c) His wedding anniversary.
(d) His wife's birthday.
15. Where does Katerina's father shoot Danilo?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the church elder like to drink?
2. Where does the story of the Chief of the Gnomes begin?
3. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
4. How does Valuka portray the devil in his painting?
5. What does Father Atahnasii use to chase away the devil?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)