|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plagues Katerina's father after he kills his daughter?
(a) A watchman.
(b) The police.
(c) A horseman.
2. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The doors sing.
(b) The window screech.
(c) The cups snigger.
(d) The gnomes laugh.
3. How did the Cossack's daughter die?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She contracted consumption.
4. Who does Pulheria arrange to take care of her husband?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A gilly.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Her daughter.
5. Why does Ivan not want to marry Grigor's sister?
(a) He is not the marrying kind.
(b) He has a broken heart.
(c) He does not love the woman.
(d) He wants to go back to the army.
6. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A witch.
(d) An elf.
7. What does Peter have do to obtain the gold?
(a) Cut off a child's head.
(b) Cut off his own thumbs.
(c) Sign a contract.
(d) Kill the black dog.
8. Where does the devil hide when men come to visit Solokha?
(a) Under a bed.
(b) In a sack.
(c) Behind the curtain.
(d) In the basement.
9. What does Solokha steal?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The sun.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
10. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
(a) The church.
(b) Peter's death.
(c) The son of a dog.
(d) The devil.
11. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
(a) Tsarina's shoes.
(b) The devil's cloak.
(c) Rasputin's sword.
(d) Heaven's wings.
12. Why does the witch want to cause mischief between Valuka and Choub?
(a) She wants them to murder each other.
(b) She wants to steal Choub's money.
(c) She wants to marry Choub.
(d) She wants to gain more power in the town.
13. What is the name of the town in this story?
14. What is Gorobets and his family celebrating in this story?
(a) His wife's birthday.
(b) His son's wedding.
(c) His son's christening.
(d) His wedding anniversary.
15. What does Thoma say flowed like water?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Danilo and Katerina travel to Dnieper?
2. What is the name of the main character in this story?
3. What is said that Peter's parents died from?
4. Who owns the property next to Ivan's farm?
5. What kind of animal is Pulkheria's favorite pet?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)