|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(b) A stone.
(d) An orange.
2. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
3. How does the cat change when it returns home?
(a) It is pregnant.
(b) It is never hungry.
(c) It is wild.
(d) It is rabid.
4. What nationality is the man that Pidorka is being forced to marry?
5. What is the name of the main character in this story?
6. What happens as Khoma prays at the witch's coffin?
(a) The witch disappears.
(b) The witch laughs.
(c) The witch rises to heaven.
(d) The witch grabs him.
7. What kind of animal does the old woman turn Kouma into?
(a) A horse.
(b) A frog.
(c) A pig.
(d) A bull.
8. Where does Gorobets bring Katerina and her baby for protection?
(c) St. Petersburg.
9. What is Ivan's aunt's name?
10. What is a cossack?
(a) A politicial.
(b) A eunuch.
(c) A communist member.
(d) A member of the military.
11. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
(a) The devil.
(b) The church.
(c) Peter's death.
(d) The son of a dog.
12. What does Pulheria think the change in her cat's behavior means?
(a) It is dying.
(b) A bad omen.
(c) It is unhappy.
(d) She hasn't looked after it.
13. What color are the shoes Valuka gets for Oksana?
14. What is the witch's name?
15. What does the church elder like to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the devil hide when men come to visit Solokha?
2. What does Khoma have to do for a Cossack chief?
3. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
4. What kind of property does Ivan's family own?
5. What color is Basavriuk as he sits on the stump?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)