|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the devil steal?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The star.
2. When does Pulkeria think she will die?
(a) During the autumn.
(b) During the spring.
(c) During the winter.
(d) During the summer.
3. Where does Ivan meet Grigory?
(a) A church.
(b) An inn.
(c) A grocers.
(d) A bar.
4. How do Valuka and the devil travel to the palace?
(a) They transport themselves.
(b) They sail.
(c) They take a train.
(d) They fly.
5. What is a cossack?
(a) A politicial.
(b) A eunuch.
(c) A member of the military.
(d) A communist member.
6. How does the cat change when it returns home?
(a) It is wild.
(b) It is pregnant.
(c) It is never hungry.
(d) It is rabid.
7. What rank is Ivan promoted to after eleven years?
8. What does Thoma say flowed like water?
9. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(b) A stone.
(c) An orange.
10. What is the name of Oksana's father?
11. What does the Cossack say he will do if Khoma does not return to his daughter's coffin?
(a) Put a curse on him.
(b) Throw him out of town.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Force him to eat pig's swill.
12. Which word best describes Ivan's aunt's personality?
(c) Good humored.
13. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The doors sing.
(b) The gnomes laugh.
(c) The cups snigger.
(d) The window screech.
14. How did the Cossack's daughter die?
(a) She contracted consumption.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She killed herself.
15. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A witch.
(d) An elf.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the doors sing?
2. What does Valuka say Oksana has to bring her before she marries him?
3. What is Gorobets' rank in the army?
4. What does the old hag turn into after Khoma kills her?
5. What color is Basavriuk as he sits on the stump?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)