|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Overcoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the devil do to the town?
(a) He floods it in darkness.
(b) He sets it alight.
(c) He floods it with water.
(d) He steals all the women.
2. What does Ivanovich have to bring before the courts?
(a) His sow.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His saw.
3. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(a) An orange.
(c) A stone.
4. What kind of mare does the general show the men?
(a) A lice mare.
(b) A tom mare.
(c) A bay mare.
(d) A carnival mare.
5. What does Ivan tell the courts that Nikiforovich intends to do to his property?
(a) Break his windows.
(b) Steal his carpets.
(c) Set it alight.
(d) Con him out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikiforovich build in this story?
2. What city in Spain does Ivanovich think he is living in?
3. What is the name of the young artist in this story?
4. What does Schiller say Hoffman takes too much of?
5. What do the peasants do to the paintings?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)