|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Overcoat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan have nightmares about at the end of the story?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Visiting the dentist.
(c) Having a child.
(d) Having a wife.
2. Why is important person outraged at Akaky?
(a) He failed to go through the chain of command.
(b) He dresses too badly for his office.
(c) His work is not good enough.
(d) He cares too much about material items.
3. What is Gorobets and his family celebrating in this story?
(a) His wedding anniversary.
(b) His son's christening.
(c) His son's wedding.
(d) His wife's birthday.
4. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(b) A stone.
(d) An orange.
5. What did Chartkov's professor warn not to become?
(a) A genius painter.
(b) A serious painter.
(c) A pretentious painter.
(d) A commercial painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people did the old money lender used to lend money to?
2. What is the witch's name?
3. What does Ivan's aunt want him to do?
4. What is Petrovich's job?
5. What does Father Atahnasii use to chase away the devil?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)