|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the regiment have been stationed at?
2. What is the name of the bridge from which Ivan drops the nose?
(a) St. Francis's Bridge.
(b) St. George's Bridge.
(c) St. Issac's Bridge.
(d) St. Clement's Bridge.
3. Why is Kovalev angry when the clerk offers him snuff?
(a) He is not a drug addict.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is a better class of man.
(d) He has no nose.
4. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A witch.
(d) An elf.
5. What does the devil do to the town?
(a) He floods it with water.
(b) He floods it in darkness.
(c) He steals all the women.
(d) He sets it alight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say will happen to Ivanovich if he refers to himself as the King of Spain?
2. What did God allow Ivan to decide?
3. Why does the witch want to cause mischief between Valuka and Choub?
4. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
5. What kind of student is Ivan?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)