|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Viy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pulheria think the change in her cat's behavior means?
(a) She hasn't looked after it.
(b) It is dying.
(c) A bad omen.
(d) It is unhappy.
2. What does Tomar should not be mentioned?
(a) The church.
(b) The devil.
(c) Peter's death.
(d) The son of a dog.
3. What is the most remarkable thing about the couple's house?
(a) The cups snigger.
(b) The window screech.
(c) The gnomes laugh.
(d) The doors sing.
4. How does Ivan describe his aunt's appearance?
(a) Strong and healthy.
(b) Deathlike and ghostly.
(c) Ugly and spiteful.
(d) Old and frail.
5. Where does Gorobets bring Katerina and her baby for protection?
(c) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valuka portray the devil in his painting?
2. Who appears at the wedding but quickly disappears?
3. What is the name of the main character in this story?
4. What does the devil do to the town?
5. Which member of Ivan's family dies?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)