|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Thoma compare to Basavruik's eyes?
(a) A crow.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bull.
2. Why have the general and his friends arrived at Phythagor's house?
(a) For some drinks.
(b) To get back money.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To borrow money.
3. Why does Katerina fear the sorcerers?
(a) She is afraid they will kill her.
(b) She is afraid they will turn her into a cloud.
(c) She is afraid they want to impregnate her.
(d) She is afraid they will take away her child.
4. What plagues Katerina's father after he kills his daughter?
(a) A watchman.
(c) The police.
(d) A horseman.
5. What does Kovalev see emerge from the carriage outside the pastry shop?
(a) His dog.
(b) His wife.
(c) His nose.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter need as much as he needs last year's snow?
2. What kind carriage does Pythagor say is as light as a feather?
3. Which word best describes Ivan's aunt's personality?
4. Who does Pidorka call Child of Gold?
5. What is a cossack?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)