|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan Fyodorovich Shponka and His Aunt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gorobets and his family celebrating in this story?
(a) His wife's birthday.
(b) His son's wedding.
(c) His son's christening.
(d) His wedding anniversary.
2. Where does Gorobets bring Katerina and her baby for protection?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. How does Valuka portray the devil in his painting?
(a) Jumping on Jesus's grave.
(b) Speared by a church spire.
(c) Suffering in hell.
(d) Being buried alive.
4. What animal does Thoma compare to Basavruik's eyes?
(a) A bull.
(b) A crow.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wolf.
5. Why does Ivan's aunt say she can longer take care of the family estate?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) She wants to travel.
(d) She is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan have nightmares about at the end of the story?
2. What color is Basavriuk as he sits on the stump?
3. Why does the devil want to cause hate between Valuka and Choub?
4. What does Thoma say his grandfather never told in all his days?
5. Why does the witch want to cause mischief between Valuka and Choub?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)