1. What is Thoma's one strange eccentricity?
(a) He doesn't like to say the same thing twice.
(b) He doesn't like to see anything out of place.
(c) He doesn't like wearing shoes.
(d) He doesn't hiccup.
2. What does Thoma say his grandfather never told in all his days?
(a) A bad story.
(b) A joke.
(d) A truth.
3. What does Thoma say flowed like water?
4. What is the name of the village church?
(a) St. Troon.
(b) St. Pantelei.
(c) St. Wren.
(d) St. Nickilas.
5. What is said that Peter's parents died from?
(a) The pest.
(b) Godless souls.
(c) The measles.
6. What does Peter need as much as he needs last year's snow?
(d) A job.
7. What does Korzh take off the wall to punish Peter?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A hunting whip.
(c) A leather belt.
(d) A horse whip.
8. What does the author say a father's heart is not made from?
(a) An orange.
(b) A stone.
This section contains 3,411 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)