|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "A Crown of Feathers" take place?
2. In "Passions," what does Jonathan have a passion for?
3. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," what does Max do at the end of the story?
(a) Breaks down in tears.
(b) Reads the obituaries.
(c) Orders another beer.
(d) Flirts with the waitress.
4. In "Grandfather and Grandson," what does Mordecai do every night at midnight?
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Bakes bread.
(d) Drinks some whiskey.
5. In "A Dance and a Hop," what do the sisters all have in common?
(a) They have tuberculosis.
(b) They were molested.
(c) They are spinsters.
(d) They live in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Something Is There," where does the rabbi's brother live?
2. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how do people say Max squandered his talent?
3. In "The Psychic Journey," what is Morris's occupation?
4. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how old is Theresa when Max has an affair with her?
5. In "The Manuscript," what does Shibtah say her husband accomplished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of the short story called "Something Is There"?
2. What does Joel from "The Cabalist of East Broadway" refuse to do?
3. What does Shibtah from "The Manuscript" do when she catches her husband cheating on her?
4. In "The Admirer," for what does Elizabeth apologize?
5. In "The Manuscript," when does Shibtah find her husband cheating on her?
6. In "Powers," what did the delivery boy do about the depressed woman?
7. In "The Power of Darkness," why is Henia so jealous?
8. What are the three encounters, in the short story "Three Encounters"?
9. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," how does the narrator come to know the two sisters?
10. In "The Psychic Journey," what happens to Margaret after the journey?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)