|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," why do the two sisters attack each other?
(a) They were practicing.
(b) They were sharing a husband.
(c) They had flashbacks.
(d) They were sick.
2. In "A Crown of Feathers," who arranges suitors for Akhsa?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The match maker.
(d) The rabbi.
3. In "Old Love," where does Harry live?
(c) Key West.
4. In "The Betrayer of Israel," what is Koppel arrested for?
5. In "The Yearning Heifer," how much is charged for the farm room?
(a) $10 a day.
(b) $100 a month.
(c) $10 a week.
(d) $10 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," what is the name of the narrator's wife?
2. In "The Power of Darkness," what is driving Henia?
3. In "The Admirer," what disease does Elizabeth's stepdaughter have?
4. In "The Yearning Heifer," why does Bessie say the cow is wailing?
5. In "A Day in Coney Island," why does the narrator say he left Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Power of Darkness," why is Henia so jealous?
2. What are the three encounters, in the short story "Three Encounters"?
3. What does Mrs. Brokeles apologize for in her letter to Harry?
4. In the short story "The Betrayer of Israel," why is Koppel considered the betrayer?
5. What does Shibtah from "The Manuscript" do when she catches her husband cheating on her?
6. In "Grandfather and Grandson," why is Mordecai so alone?
7. In "The Manuscript," when does Shibtah find her husband cheating on her?
8. What happens when Theresa from "A Quotation from Klopstock" dies?
9. In "Grandfather and Grandson," what is Mordecai arrested for, and what does he say about it?
10. In "A Crown of Feathers," how does the second crown of feathers come to be?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)