|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," who helps Max with Theresa's body?
2. Where does "The Psychic Journey" take Morris?
3. In "Powers," what do the delivery boy and the reporter both have an interest in?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) The Jewish religion.
(c) The supernatural.
4. Where does "A Tale of Two Sisters" take place?
(b) Buenos Aires.
(c) Rio De Janeiro.
5. In "Old Love," where does Harry live?
(a) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Joke," where does Walden die?
2. In "A Crown of Feathers," what kind of estate does Nesha live on?
3. In "The Yearning Heifer," why does Bessie say the cow is wailing?
4. In "A Dance and a Hop," what kind of business do the sisters run?
5. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," what does Max do at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," how does the narrator come to know the two sisters?
2. In "Old Love," how does Mrs. Brokeles die?
3. In "The Power of Darkness," what does Henia do after her death?
4. In "The Manuscript," when does Shibtah find her husband cheating on her?
5. What does Joel from "The Cabalist of East Broadway" refuse to do?
6. What happens when Theresa from "A Quotation from Klopstock" dies?
7. In "A Day in Coney Island," what does the narrator do for a living?
8. In "Powers," what did the delivery boy do about the depressed woman?
9. What does Mrs. Brokeles apologize for in her letter to Harry?
10. In "The Admirer," for what does Elizabeth apologize?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)