|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," why do the two sisters attack each other?
(a) They were sharing a husband.
(b) They had flashbacks.
(c) They were practicing.
(d) They were sick.
2. In "Passions," what does Jonathan have a passion for?
3. In "Powers," how was a woman saved from suicide?
(a) The reporter married her and watched over her.
(b) The man willed her to never have those thoughts again.
(c) Someone caught her and put her in an asylum.
(d) Someone killed her instead.
4. In "A Dance and a Hop," what do the sisters all have in common?
(a) They are spinsters.
(b) They have tuberculosis.
(c) They were molested.
(d) They live in America.
5. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," who helps Max with Theresa's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Something Is There," what stops the rabbi's skepticism?
2. In "The Yearning Heifer," how old is Bessie's daughter?
3. In "Grandfather and Grandson," what does Mordecai do every night at midnight?
4. In "The Joke," where does Walden die?
5. In Something Is There, what does the rabbi become skeptical about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Grandfather and Grandson," why is Mordecai so alone?
2. In "The Joke," how did Bendel get Walden to correspond with him?
3. In "The Manuscript," when does Shibtah find her husband cheating on her?
4. In "Powers," what did the delivery boy do about the depressed woman?
5. What does Mrs. Brokeles apologize for in her letter to Harry?
6. In the short story "The Betrayer of Israel," why is Koppel considered the betrayer?
7. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," how does the narrator come to know the two sisters?
8. In "The Power of Darkness," why is Henia so jealous?
9. In "Passions," why is Jonathan named the better scholar?
10. What does Joel from "The Cabalist of East Broadway" refuse to do?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)