|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Joy," what is Bainish's occupation?
2. In "The Dead Fiddler," how does Liebe's fiancé die?
(a) He catches cold.
(b) He is mugged and beaten to death.
(c) He gets a venereal disease.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. In "Alone," where does the narrator's wife live?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
4. In "The Unseen," where did Nathan run away?
5. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
(a) Continue on in faith.
(b) Cure them of their bad fortune.
(c) Free his cousin.
(d) Believe in her innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gimpel the Fool," how many children does Elka have?
2. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman interested in?
3. Where does Gimpel live in "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. In "The Unseen," what major flaw does Roise have?
5. In "The Letter Writer," what language does Herman love best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comforts Tiabel in "Tiabel and Her Demon"?
2. What does Nahum from "The Spinoza of Market Street" think makes him a fool?
3. In "Alone," how did the desk clerk become a hunchback?
4. In "The Cafeteria," how does Aaron first meet Esther?
5. In "The Last Demon," how is the imp revealed?
6. In "Short Friday," how does Shmul get to Paradise?
7. In "Zeidlus the Pope," how does the devil claim the man's soul?
8. In "Gimpel the Fool," what does Gimpel learn on his wife's deathbed?
9. In "Joy," what does Bainish talk about with Reb Abraham?
10. How and why is Liesel punished in "The Destruction of Kreshev"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)