|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Joy," what motivates Bainish to keep doing good works?
(a) The death of his cousin.
(b) A dream that was more like a vision.
(c) His wife declaring she wants a divorce.
(d) Seeing his daughter's ghost.
2. In "The Dead Fiddler," where do the orbs of light leave Liebe's body?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her nostrils.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her ears.
3. In "The Letter Writer," what language does Herman love best?
4. In "The Cafeteria," where does Aaron live?
(d) New York.
5. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," where does Nissan go after he deserts his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Slaughterer," how do the rabbis describe the job of the slaughterer?
2. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman interested in?
3. In "The Slaughterer," how does Meil die?
4. In "A Friend of Kafka," to what does Kohn compare life?
5. In "Alone," where does the narrator live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hennerly in "Henne Fire" die?
2. Why does Meir become the Slaughterer?
3. In "The Last Demon," how is the imp revealed?
4. In "Joy," what does Bainish talk about with Reb Abraham?
5. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," what does Yentl do after her father's death?
6. What does Zorach say about death at the end of "The Séance"?
7. In "The Letter Writer," how was Herman saved?
8. For whom is a special tomb made in "The Gentleman from Cracow," and why?
9. In "A Friend of Kafka," what famous people does Kohn say he knows?
10. How did Esther in "The Cafeteria" die?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)