|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Henne Fire," to what is Hennerly compared?
(a) A witch.
(b) A demon.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A prostitute.
2. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how often was Tiabel visited by an undisclosed man?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a year.
3. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
(a) The town whore.
(b) The woman with the bent mind.
(c) The fool's wife.
(d) The preacher's daughter.
4. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," where does Nissan go after he deserts his wife?
5. In "The Séance," where does Zorach go after leaving Paris?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," how is Yentl described?
2. In "Henne Fire," where did Hennerly get her nickname?
3. In "The Gentleman from Cracow," how does the synagogue burn to the ground?
4. In The Little Shoemakers," what is Abba's wife's name?
5. In "Short Friday," where does Shmul end up in the end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nahum from "The Spinoza of Market Street" think makes him a fool?
2. In "Gimpel the Fool," what does Gimpel learn on his wife's deathbed?
3. How did Hennerly in "Henne Fire" die?
4. For whom is a special tomb made in "The Gentleman from Cracow," and why?
5. In "The Last Demon," how is the imp revealed?
6. In "A Friend of Kafka," what famous people does Kohn say he knows?
7. In "The Little Shoemakers," what happens when Abba gets to America?
8. In "Zeidlus the Pope," how does the devil claim the man's soul?
9. What comforts Tiabel in "Tiabel and Her Demon"?
10. In "The Cafeteria," how does Aaron first meet Esther?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)