|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dead Fiddler," where do the orbs of light leave Liebe's body?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her nostrils.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her fingers.
2. In "Gimpel the Fool," why does Gimpel pretend to believe the lies of his school mates?
(a) To avoid getting beat up.
(b) To get a chance to tell his own lies.
(c) To not have to talk.
(d) To be their friend.
3. In "The Unseen," what major flaw does Roise have?
4. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman interested in?
(a) Jewish artifacts.
(c) Communing with the dead.
(d) The supernatural.
5. In "The Letter Writer," how did Herman's family die?
(a) In the Holocaust.
(b) In a plague epidemic.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) In an attack and robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Last Demon," what do the residents hardly know about?
2. In The Little Shoemakers," where does Abba's eldest son move?
3. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
4. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's husband make for a living?
5. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hennerly in "Henne Fire" die?
2. In "Alone," how did the desk clerk become a hunchback?
3. What does Zorach say about death at the end of "The Séance"?
4. In "The Letter Writer," how was Herman saved?
5. How did Esther in "The Cafeteria" die?
6. Why does Meir become the Slaughterer?
7. In "A Friend of Kafka," how does Kohn say one can live forever?
8. In "Short Friday," how does Shmul get to Paradise?
9. In "The Cafeteria," how does Aaron first meet Esther?
10. In "Gimpel the Fool," what does Gimpel learn on his wife's deathbed?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)