|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
(a) Continue on in faith.
(b) Cure them of their bad fortune.
(c) Free his cousin.
(d) Believe in her innocence.
2. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," who causes the destruction of kreshev?
(a) The Devil.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) Some renegade Jews.
3. In "A Friend of Kafka," how does Kohn impress others?
(a) With his poems.
(b) With his intelligence.
(c) With his stories.
(d) With his magic tricks.
4. In "The Cafeteria," where does Aaron live?
(a) New York.
5. In "Henne Fire," where did Hennerly get her nickname?
(a) From some mean kids at school.
(b) From her husband.
(c) From her parents.
(d) From the townspeople who hated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how often was Tiabel visited by an undisclosed man?
2. Who narrates "The Unseen"?
3. In "The Dead Fiddler," what is a dybukk?
4. In "The Séance," what is the name of Zorach's lover?
5. In "The Slaughterer," where does Meir throw his butcher's knives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Esther in "The Cafeteria" die?
2. Why does Meir become the Slaughterer?
3. In "A Friend of Kafka," how does Kohn say one can live forever?
4. In "Short Friday," how does Shmul get to Paradise?
5. How and why is Liesel punished in "The Destruction of Kreshev"?
6. What comforts Tiabel in "Tiabel and Her Demon"?
7. In "Joy," what does Bainish talk about with Reb Abraham?
8. In "Gimpel the Fool," what does Gimpel learn on his wife's deathbed?
9. In "The Last Demon," how is the imp revealed?
10. What does Nahum from "The Spinoza of Market Street" think makes him a fool?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)