|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Brother Beetle," how does Dosha describe her lover?
2. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," what does Dora ask the narrator for help with?
(a) Making some money.
(b) Getting out of the country.
(c) Finding a doctor.
(d) Finding her sister.
3. In "Three Encounters," where does the third encounter take place?
(b) New York.
(d) The homestead.
4. In "Three Encounters," what kind of work does the narrator's brother do?
5. In "The Admirer," how does Elizabeth describe her stepdaughter?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A burden.
(c) A victim.
(d) A blessing.
6. Who takes Morris on "The Psychic Journey"?
7. In "The Joke," where does Bendel live?
(d) New York.
8. In "Something Is There," where does the rabbi's brother live?
9. Where does "A Crown of Feathers" take place?
10. In "The Betrayer of Israel," how many children does Koppel have?
11. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," what is the name of the narrator's wife?
12. What is the name of the main character in "The Cabalist of East Broadway"?
13. In "The Joke," where does Walden die?
(a) In a bank robbery.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In an American hospital.
(d) In a plane crash.
14. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how do people say Max squandered his talent?
(a) Trying experiments.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Drinking in bars.
(d) Chasing girls.
15. In "Passions," who says Jonathan is the winner of the bet?
(a) Zekele's wife.
(b) The professor.
(c) Jonathan's father.
(d) A panel of rabbis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Betrayer of Israel," what does Koppel peddle?
2. In "A Crown of Feathers," who arranges suitors for Akhsa?
3. In "The Joke," with whom is Bendel trying to correspond?
4. In "Old Love," where does Harry live?
5. In "The Manuscript," what does Shibtah say her husband accomplished?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)