|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Passions," who says Jonathan is the winner of the bet?
(a) Jonathan's father.
(b) The professor.
(c) A panel of rabbis.
(d) Zekele's wife.
2. In "Passions," what is Jonathan's profession?
3. In "The Psychic Journey," what is Morris's occupation?
4. In "Old Love," where do Harry's grandchildren live?
5. Why does the narrator of "Three Encounters" go to Warsaw?
(a) To buy some supplies.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To enlist in the army.
(d) To get an education.
6. Where does "A Tale of Two Sisters" take place?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(c) Rio De Janeiro.
7. In "Powers," what gift does the delivery boy say he has?
(a) Super strength.
(c) Laser vision.
8. In "The Yearning Heifer," how old is Bessie's daughter?
9. In "The Betrayer of Israel," what is Koppel arrested for?
10. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how old is Theresa when Max has an affair with her?
11. In "The Admirer," what disease does Elizabeth have?
12. In "The Betrayer of Israel," what does Koppel peddle?
(c) Old clothes.
(d) Religious artifacts.
13. In "A Dance and a Hop," what do the sisters all have in common?
(a) They were molested.
(b) They have tuberculosis.
(c) They live in America.
(d) They are spinsters.
14. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," who helps Max with Theresa's body?
15. In "A Day in Coney Island," why does the narrator go to the cafeteria?
(a) To clean it up.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To visit his girlfriend.
(d) To scavenge food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Joke," where does Bendel live?
2. In "Brother Beetle," how does Dosha describe her lover?
3. In "The Admirer," how does Elizabeth describe her stepdaughter?
4. In "The Yearning Heifer," how much is charged for the farm room?
5. In "Three Encounters," where does the third encounter take place?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)