|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Manuscript," what is Shibtah's occupation?
2. In "The Admirer," what disease does Elizabeth's stepdaughter have?
3. In "Something Is There," where does the rabbi's brother live?
4. In "The Yearning Heifer," how much is charged for the farm room?
(a) $100 a month.
(b) $10 a day.
(c) $10 a month.
(d) $10 a week.
5. In "A Tale of Two Sisters," what is the name of the narrator's wife?
6. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how old is Theresa when Max has an affair with her?
7. In "A Dance and a Hop," what kind of business do the sisters run?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A mercantile.
(c) A cooper shop.
(d) A chandler.
8. In "A Day in Coney Island," why does Esther leave the narrator?
(a) She learns that he is still married.
(b) She thinks he was using her to get a visa.
(c) She sees him with another woman.
(d) She hears that he is not an Orthodox Jew.
9. In "Passions," what does Zekele build when he loses the bet?
(a) A barn for Jonathan.
(b) A study center.
(c) A synagogue for the city.
(d) A shed for his cow.
10. In "Brother Beetle," who gives the beetle the second chance?
(a) The waiter.
(b) Dosha's lover.
(c) The narrator.
11. In "The Power of Darkness," what is driving Henia?
12. In "The Betrayer of Israel," what does Koppel peddle?
(a) Religious artifacts.
(b) Old clothes.
13. In "A Dance and a Hop," what does Rachel die of?
(a) Breast cancer.
(c) Childbirth complications.
(d) An infected wound.
14. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," how do people say Max squandered his talent?
(a) Trying experiments.
(b) Drinking in bars.
(c) Traveling the world.
(d) Chasing girls.
15. In "The Cabalist of East Broadway," where can the main character get retirement funds?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Admirer," what disease does Elizabeth have?
2. In "The Joke," where does Bendel live?
3. In "The Cabalist of East Broadway," who buries the main character?
4. In "Old Love," where do Harry's grandchildren live?
5. In "Three Encounters," what is the name of the woman the narrator loves?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)