|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dead Fiddler," how does Liebe's fiancé die?
(a) He catches cold.
(b) He gets a venereal disease.
(c) He is mugged and beaten to death.
(d) He hangs himself.
2. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how often was Tiabel visited by an undisclosed man?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
3. In "The Letter Writer," how did Herman's family die?
(a) In a house fire.
(b) In an attack and robbery.
(c) In a plague epidemic.
(d) In the Holocaust.
4. In "The Séance," what does Zorach like to write?
5. In "The Cafeteria," where does Aaron live?
(d) New York.
6. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
(a) The woman with the bent mind.
(b) The town whore.
(c) The fool's wife.
(d) The preacher's daughter.
7. What is the occupation of "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
8. In The Little Shoemakers," what is Abba's wife's name?
9. In "The Dead Fiddler," what is a dybukk?
(a) An animal spirit.
(b) A disembodied spirit.
(c) A demon.
(d) A spiritual medium.
10. In "The Dead Fiddler," what does the fiddler demand at night?
11. In "Short Friday," who helps Shmul with his work?
(a) His brother.
(b) His apprentice.
(c) His wife.
(d) His cousin.
12. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
13. In "Zeidel the Pope," how does Zeidel lose his bag of coins?
(a) A thief takes it.
(b) He misplaces it.
(c) He donates it to charity.
(d) It is used to pay rent.
14. In "Zeidel the Pope," how old is Zeidel when he becomes a rabbi?
15. In The Little Shoemakers," where does Abba's eldest son move?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Séance," where does Zorach go after leaving Paris?
2. In "The Last Demon," who reveals the imp's feet?
3. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," who causes the destruction of kreshev?
4. In "The Slaughterer," how do the rabbis describe the job of the slaughterer?
5. In "The Letter Writer," what language does Herman love best?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)