|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gimpel live in "Gimpel the Fool"?
2. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
(b) Making love.
3. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
(a) Continue on in faith.
(b) Believe in her innocence.
(c) Free his cousin.
(d) Cure them of their bad fortune.
4. In "The Cafeteria," why does Esther approach Aaron?
(a) She has been sent to give him a message.
(b) He is attractive.
(c) She loves his books.
(d) He looks familiar.
5. In "Short Friday," where does Shmul end up in the end?
(d) The hereafter.
6. In "Zeidel the Pope," how does Zeidel lose his bag of coins?
(a) A thief takes it.
(b) It is used to pay rent.
(c) He misplaces it.
(d) He donates it to charity.
7. In "The Cafeteria," where does Aaron live?
(d) New York.
8. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's nickname mean?
(a) Loud and hated.
(b) Fire from Hell.
(c) Damaging woman.
(d) Smoke and damnation.
9. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
10. In "The Little Shoemakers," how did Abba learn to be a shoemaker?
(a) He read books about it.
(b) He became an apprentice.
(c) His father taught him.
(d) He saw the process in a dream.
11. In "The Slaughterer," how does Meil die?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He slits his wrist.
(c) He gets an infection.
(d) He falls into the river.
12. In "The Letter Writer," what language does Herman love best?
13. In "Joy," what is Bainish's occupation?
14. In "The Dead Fiddler," how does Liebe's fiancé die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is mugged and beaten to death.
(c) He gets a venereal disease.
(d) He catches cold.
15. In "Short Friday," what is Smul's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeidel the Pope," to what religion does Zeidel convert?
2. In "The Dead Fiddler," what is a dybukk?
3. In "Alone," where does the narrator live?
4. In "The Gentleman from Cracow," how does the synagogue burn to the ground?
5. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)