|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Last Demon," which of these is NOT one of the fool-proof sins?
2. In "The Last Demon," who reveals the imp's feet?
(a) The Baker.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The Teacher.
(d) The Tailor.
3. In "The Séance," from whom does Zorach escape?
(a) The insurgents.
(b) The police.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Jews.
4. In "The Dead Fiddler," where do the orbs of light leave Liebe's body?
(a) Her nostrils.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her mouth.
5. In "Henne Fire," to what is Hennerly compared?
(a) A demon.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A witch.
(d) A chicken.
6. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's nickname mean?
(a) Smoke and damnation.
(b) Damaging woman.
(c) Loud and hated.
(d) Fire from Hell.
7. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
8. In "The Dead Fiddler," what is a dybukk?
(a) A disembodied spirit.
(b) A spiritual medium.
(c) An animal spirit.
(d) A demon.
9. In "The Cafeteria," why does Esther approach Aaron?
(a) He looks familiar.
(b) She has been sent to give him a message.
(c) He is attractive.
(d) She loves his books.
10. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's husband make for a living?
11. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
(a) The preacher's daughter.
(b) The woman with the bent mind.
(c) The fool's wife.
(d) The town whore.
12. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what brings about the destruction of kreshev?
(a) An unhappy marriage.
(b) A war battle.
(c) A group of robbers.
(d) A family feud.
13. In "Zeidel the Pope," how does Zeidel lose his bag of coins?
(a) He misplaces it.
(b) It is used to pay rent.
(c) A thief takes it.
(d) He donates it to charity.
14. In "The Dead Fiddler," what does the fiddler demand at night?
15. Where does Gimpel live in "Gimpel the Fool"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Séance," what does Zorach like to write?
2. In "The Gentleman from Cracow," how does the synagogue burn to the ground?
3. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," whom did Nahum like to study?
4. In "The Unseen," what major flaw does Roise have?
5. Who narrates "The Unseen"?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)