|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Gimpel the Fool," how many children does Elka have?
2. In "The Yearning Heifer," what does the writer do when he goes for a walk on the farm?
(a) Picks some flowers.
(b) Pats the cow.
(c) Kisses Sylvia.
(d) Writes a column.
3. In "A Night in the Poorhouse," what does Zeinvel call himself?
(a) A thief.
(b) A mastermind.
(c) A con artist.
(d) A robber.
4. In "Alone," where does the narrator's wife live?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
(a) Free his cousin.
(b) Continue on in faith.
(c) Believe in her innocence.
(d) Cure them of their bad fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Little Shoemakers," where does Abba's eldest son move?
2. In "A Night in the Poorhouse," where did Zeinvel make love to a prostitute?
3. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," whom did Nahum like to study?
4. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," who helps Max with Theresa's body?
5. In "The Destruction of Kreshev,"of what is Shloimele a secret member?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)