|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," who causes the destruction of kreshev?
(a) Some renegade Jews.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Devil.
2. In "Joy," what ceremony is Bainish avoiding?
(a) His cousin's trial.
(b) His son's wedding.
(c) His wife's execution.
(d) His daughter's funeral.
3. In "Passions," what does Zekele build when he loses the bet?
(a) A barn for Jonathan.
(b) A shed for his cow.
(c) A study center.
(d) A synagogue for the city.
4. In "A Friend of Kafka," to what does Kohn compare life?
(a) A journey.
(b) A magic chess.
(c) A chess game.
(d) The ocean.
5. In "The Letter Writer," what language does Herman love best?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Slaughterer," where does Meir throw his butcher's knives?
2. In "The Dead Fiddler," what is a dybukk?
3. In The Slaughterer, why does Meir not become the next rabbi?
4. In "The Destruction of Kreshev,"of what is Shloimele a secret member?
5. In "The Cafeteria," why does Esther approach Aaron?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)