|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Joy," what ceremony is Bainish avoiding?
(a) His daughter's funeral.
(b) His wife's execution.
(c) His son's wedding.
(d) His cousin's trial.
2. In "Three Encounters," where does the third encounter take place?
(b) New York.
(d) The homestead.
3. Where does "Brother Beetle" take place?
(a) Tel Aviv.
4. In "The Cabalist of East Broadway," who buries the main character?
(a) His sweetheart.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Last Demon," what do the residents hardly know about?
2. In "The Slaughterer," where does Meir throw his butcher's knives?
3. Where does "A Tale of Two Sisters" take place?
4. In "The Slaughterer," how do the rabbis describe the job of the slaughterer?
5. In "The Power of Darkness," why do people think Henia wants to die?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)