|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Manuscript," what does Shibtah say her husband accomplished?
(a) Wooed her.
(b) Painted a masterpiece.
(c) Wrote a great book.
(d) Saved lives.
2. In "Zeidel the Pope," to what religion does Zeidel convert?
3. In "Brother Beetle," where does the narrator run into Dosha?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A library.
(d) A synagogue.
4. In "The Séance," what is the name of Zorach's lover?
5. In "The Yearning Heifer," how much is charged for the farm room?
(a) $10 a month.
(b) $10 a week.
(c) $100 a month.
(d) $10 a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," where does Nissan go after he deserts his wife?
2. In "A Day in Coney Island," why does the narrator say he left Poland?
3. In "The Slaughterer," how do the rabbis describe the job of the slaughterer?
4. What is the occupation of "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
5. In "The Slaughterer," how does Meil die?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)