|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cabalist of East Broadway," who buries the main character?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sweetheart.
(d) His father.
2. In "Short Friday," why is Shmul poor?
(a) He is too charitable.
(b) He is not good at his job.
(c) He has a bad reputation.
(d) He keeps moving.
3. In "The Last Demon," what do the residents hardly know about?
4. In "Henne Fire," to what is Hennerly compared?
(a) A witch.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A demon.
5. In "The Dead Fiddler," what does the fiddler demand at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman's occupation?
2. In "Joy," what ceremony is Bainish avoiding?
3. In "Gimpel the Fool," why does Gimpel pretend to believe the lies of his school mates?
4. In "The Joke," with whom is Bendel trying to correspond?
5. In "Powers," what kind of women does the man say he thinks about often?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)