|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," what did Yentl's father study before he died?
2. In "Joy," what ceremony is Bainish avoiding?
(a) His cousin's trial.
(b) His son's wedding.
(c) His daughter's funeral.
(d) His wife's execution.
3. In "Henne Fire," to what is Hennerly compared?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A demon.
(d) A witch.
4. What is the occupation of "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
5. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," whom did Nahum like to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Slaughterer, why does Meir not become the next rabbi?
2. In "Zeidel the Pope," what is Zeidel's greatest pleasure?
3. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's husband make for a living?
4. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
5. In "The Last Demon," who reveals the imp's feet?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)