|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's nickname mean?
(a) Smoke and damnation.
(b) Loud and hated.
(c) Fire from Hell.
(d) Damaging woman.
2. In "The Slaughterer," how do the rabbis describe the job of the slaughterer?
3. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," what is Nahum a doctor of?
4. In "A Friend of Kafka," to what does Kohn compare life?
(a) A journey.
(b) A chess game.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A magic chess.
5. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how does Tiabel feel when she learns Alchanon died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Cafeteria," why does Esther approach Aaron?
2. In "Zeidel the Pope," how old is Zeidel when he becomes a rabbi?
3. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what brings about the destruction of kreshev?
4. In "The Unseen," what major flaw does Roise have?
5. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," what did Yentl's father study before he died?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)