|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses pull the carriage that holds "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
2. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what brings about the destruction of kreshev?
(a) An unhappy marriage.
(b) A group of robbers.
(c) A family feud.
(d) A war battle.
3. In "Short Friday," who helps Shmul with his work?
(a) His apprentice.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
4. What does "The Gentleman from Cracow" do when he arrives in Frampol?
(a) Buys cart loads of flour for the bakery.
(b) Gives coins to as many townspeople as he could.
(c) All of these.
(d) Calls for a feast.
5. In "Short Friday," where does Shmul end up in the end?
(c) The hereafter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," why does Nissan leave his wife?
2. In "The Slaughterer," where does Meir throw his butcher's knives?
3. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
4. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," how is Yentl described?
5. In "A Friend of Kafka," to what does Kohn compare life?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)