|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Zeidel the Pope," what is Zeidel's greatest pleasure?
2. In "Yentl the Yeshiva Boy," what did Yentl's father study before he died?
3. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
(b) Making love.
4. In "The Gentleman from Cracow," how does the synagogue burn to the ground?
(a) It is ignited as part of a ritual.
(b) It is hit by lightning.
(c) The Gentleman sets it on fire.
(d) The poor people burn it for warmth.
5. Who narrates "The Unseen"?
(a) The Evil Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dead Fiddler," what does the fiddler demand at night?
2. In "Henne Fire," what does Hennerly's husband make for a living?
3. In The Slaughterer, why does Meir not become the next rabbi?
4. In "Short Friday," why is Shmul poor?
5. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how does Tiabel feel when she learns Alchanon died?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)