|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Gimpel the Fool," why does Gimpel pretend to believe the lies of his school mates?
(a) To get a chance to tell his own lies.
(b) To not have to talk.
(c) To avoid getting beat up.
(d) To be their friend.
2. In "The Destruction of Kreshev,"of what is Shloimele a secret member?
(a) An evil worshipping cult.
(b) A sect of undercover Nazis.
(c) A sex slave trade ring.
(d) An orthodox Jewish group.
3. In "The Little Shoemakers," how did Abba learn to be a shoemaker?
(a) His father taught him.
(b) He became an apprentice.
(c) He saw the process in a dream.
(d) He read books about it.
4. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
5. In "Alone," where does the narrator's wife live?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Joy," what motivates Bainish to keep doing good works?
2. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
3. How many horses pull the carriage that holds "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
4. In "Tiabel and Her Demon," how does Tiabel feel when she learns Alchanon died?
5. What is the occupation of "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)