|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," what does Nahum think emotions cause?
2. In "The Letter Writer," what is Herman interested in?
(a) The supernatural.
(b) Jewish artifacts.
(c) Communing with the dead.
3. In "The Gentleman from Cracow," how does the synagogue burn to the ground?
(a) It is hit by lightning.
(b) It is ignited as part of a ritual.
(c) The poor people burn it for warmth.
(d) The Gentleman sets it on fire.
4. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
(a) Continue on in faith.
(b) Cure them of their bad fortune.
(c) Free his cousin.
(d) Believe in her innocence.
5. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
(a) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Unseen," where did Nathan run away?
2. In "The Spinoza of Market Street," whom did Nahum like to study?
3. In "Joy," what ceremony is Bainish avoiding?
4. In "Something Is There," where does the rabbi's brother live?
5. Where is the crown of feathers found?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)