|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Gentleman from Cracow" do when he arrives in Frampol?
(a) Buys cart loads of flour for the bakery.
(b) Gives coins to as many townspeople as he could.
(c) Calls for a feast.
(d) All of these.
2. In "The Dead Fiddler," where do the orbs of light leave Liebe's body?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her nostrils.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her fingers.
3. In "The Destruction of Kreshev," what does Shloimele stop doing after his wedding?
(c) Making love.
4. In "Gimpel the Fool," what is Elka known as?
(a) The woman with the bent mind.
(b) The fool's wife.
(c) The town whore.
(d) The preacher's daughter.
5. In "A Day in Coney Island," why does the narrator go to the cafeteria?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To scavenge food.
(c) To visit his girlfriend.
(d) To clean it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses pull the carriage that holds "The Gentleman from Cracow"?
2. In "Gimpel the Fool," how many children does Elka have?
3. In "Joy," what is Bainish's wife expecting him to do?
4. In "The Joke," with whom is Bendel trying to correspond?
5. In The Little Shoemakers," how many children does Abba have?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)