|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Dance and a Hop," what do the sisters all have in common?
(a) They were molested.
(b) They have tuberculosis.
(c) They live in America.
(d) They are spinsters.
2. In "A Dance and a Hop," what does Rachel die of?
(b) An infected wound.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Childbirth complications.
3. In "The Last Demon," who reveals the imp's feet?
(a) The Baker.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The Tailor.
(d) The Teacher.
4. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," what does Max do at the end of the story?
(a) Reads the obituaries.
(b) Breaks down in tears.
(c) Orders another beer.
(d) Flirts with the waitress.
5. In "The Séance," from whom does Zorach escape?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The police.
(d) The insurgents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Quotation from Klopstock," who helps Max with Theresa's body?
2. In "The Yearning Heifer," what does the writer do when he goes for a walk on the farm?
3. In "Passions," what is Jonathan's profession?
4. In "The Manuscript," what does Shibtah say her husband accomplished?
5. In "The Yearning Heifer," why does Bessie say the cow is wailing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)