|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "A Tale of Two Sisters" take place?
(b) Rio De Janeiro.
(c) Buenos Aires.
2. In "Brother Beetle," where does the narrator run into Dosha?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A library.
3. In "The Last Demon," what do the residents hardly know about?
4. Why does the narrator of "Three Encounters" go to Warsaw?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To enlist in the army.
(c) To buy some supplies.
(d) To find a wife.
5. In "Old Love," where does Harry live?
(d) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dead Fiddler," what does the fiddler demand at night?
2. In "The Cabalist of East Broadway," where can the main character get retirement funds?
3. In "Henne Fire," where did Hennerly get her nickname?
4. In "Powers," how was a woman saved from suicide?
5. In "The Yearning Heifer," what does the writer do when he goes for a walk on the farm?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)