|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man in "The Omelet" starving?
2. What irks Colette during her trip in "Bella-Vista"?
3. Who owns the countryside inn Colette goes to in "Bella-Vista"?
4. What does the bracelet in "The Bracelet" remind the woman of?
5. Who does the man in "The Burglar" try to rob?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between two men ruined in "The Fox"?
2. What does "In the Flower of Age" describe?
3. What are Clara and Antoinette rivals over in "The Rivals"?
4. What does Colette encourage an older man to do in "The Tender Shoot"?
5. What does Colette discuss in "Green Sealing Wax"?
6. Who is Delia in 'The Rainy Moon" and what is she mourning?
7. What does the man in "The Hidden Woman" do instead of going out of town?
8. How does Maxine become convinced that Armande loves him in "Armande"?
9. What does an aging woman imagine in "The Judge"?
10. What does the boy in "Sick Child" go back and forth between?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Colette's discussion of immorality, prejudices, and principles in "Early Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Colette's use of narrative methods benefit her examination of human nature.
Essay Topic 3
Take two love affairs described by Colette and compare and contrast the relationships, including why these love affairs are considered dramatic.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)