|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man in "The Rendezvous" end his relationship with the woman?
2. What is the woman in "In the Flower of Age" find disappointing in the man she is dating?
3. Where does Madame Arnaud live in "The Photographer's Wife"?
4. What falls on Armande's lover's head in "Armande"?
5. Who is Marco a friend of in "The Kepi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marco in "The Kepi"?
2. What does the hollow nut Colette describes in "The Hollow Nut" symbolize?
3. What does the man in "The Hidden Woman" do instead of going out of town?
4. What does an aging woman imagine in "The Judge"?
5. What are adolescents organizing in "April"?
6. What does the country doctor in "The Patriarch" experience?
7. How is the relationship between two men ruined in "The Fox"?
8. Who is Delia in 'The Rainy Moon" and what is she mourning?
9. What does the boy in "Sick Child" go back and forth between?
10. What is Madame Arnaud forthcoming about in "The Photographer's Wife"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what it means to be a bourgeoisie and how Colette describes the bourgeoisie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Colette's response to one of her friends or acquaintances in the book and examine the significance of her reactions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Colette's personal background influenced Colette's writing and the subjects of her stories.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)