|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armande's love convinced of in "Armande"?
2. What does the fox of the man try to do in "The Fox"?
3. Why is the man in "The Omelet" starving?
4. What happens to Colette and Valentine in "One Evening"?
5. Who are the two characters in "The Portrait"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between two men ruined in "The Fox"?
2. Why does Colette become irked in "Bella-Vista"?
3. What is Madame Arnaud forthcoming about in "The Photographer's Wife"?
4. Who is Marco in "The Kepi"?
5. Why does a man hide out in "The Omelet"?
6. What does Marco do as a joke and what happens as a result?
7. What does the country doctor in "The Patriarch" experience?
8. What does an aging woman imagine in "The Judge"?
9. What does the hollow nut Colette describes in "The Hollow Nut" symbolize?
10. What do the women discuss during "Secrets"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Colette's use of narrative methods benefit her examination of human nature.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the different points of view which Colette uses in her writing, discussing the benefits and drawbacks and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the themes depicted by Colette and follow it through one of the stories.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)