|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the troupe arrive at the start of "The Halt"?
2. In "Literature" what does the girl give her opinion on?
3. Who is the girl angry with in "My Goddaughter"?
4. What is the performer given in "The Misfit"?
5. What does "The Saleswoman" describe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Colette worry about in "The Starveling"?
2. In "If I Had a Daughter" what does Colette find unpleasant?
3. What does Colette think is a kind of freedom for Valentine in "Newly Shorn"?
4. What do Colette and her goddaughter discuss in "Literature"?
5. Why does Valentine scold Colette in "The Semiramis Bar"?
6. What do the stories in "Dialogues for One Voice" have in common?
7. What does "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!" describe?
8. How is the tenor described in "The Tenor"?
9. What does "The Misfit" describe?
10. Who does Colette describe in "Lola"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the different points of view which Colette uses in her writing, discussing the benefits and drawbacks and use examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why French author Sidonie Gabrielle Colette focused on female independence.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Colette's focus on mundane or trivial events and what these minor events or items symbolize.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)