|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young man in "The Advice" trying to leave?
(a) A woman.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His parents.
(d) A man.
2. Why does the man in "The Rendezvous" end his relationship with the woman?
(a) He finds her slow moving.
(b) He finds her uninteresting.
(c) He finds her ugly.
(d) He finds her shallow.
3. What do Philippe and Vince find when going for a walk in "April"?
(a) Philippe's parents.
(b) A few soldiers.
(c) A dead cow.
(d) A couple in each other's arms.
4. Who is Armande's love talking to at the start of "Armande"?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
5. What is the consequence of the fox's actions in "The Fox"?
(a) The man who owns the fox has to pay the other man.
(b) The duck dies.
(c) The fox dies.
(d) The friendship between the two men is ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl that the man in "The Tender Shoot' becomes enamored with?
2. What is Marco making a living doing in "The Kepi"?
3. What does the man in "The Hidden Woman" suspect his wife of?
4. Where do the two men in "The Fox" walk every day?
5. Who is Marco a friend of in "The Kepi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the man become jealous in "A Dead End"?
2. Why does Bernard end an affair in "The Rendezvous"?
3. What does the man in "The Hidden Woman" do instead of going out of town?
4. How is the relationship between two men ruined in "The Fox"?
5. What does the man in "The Respite" have a respite from?
6. "What happens in the country during "The Watchmen"?
7. What is the man haunted by in "Dawn"?
8. Who is Delia in 'The Rainy Moon" and what is she mourning?
9. What does an aging woman imagine in "The Judge"?
10. What does Colette remember in "Bygone Spring"?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)