|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marco start an affair with?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A baker.
2. Who does the man in "The Murderer" kill?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mistress.
3. What does the man in "The Advice" think the young man left?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His foster parent's house.
(d) His parent's home.
4. Who does Colette see kissing in "Bygone Spring"?
(a) The day laborer and the seamstress.
(b) The maid and the day laborer.
(c) The maid and the man of the house.
(d) The day laborer and te lady of the house.
5. Who does the man who owns foxes befriend in "The Fox"?
(a) A man who owns hunting dogs.
(b) A man who owns chickens.
(c) A man who owns a scorpion.
(d) A man who owns ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man in "The Other Wife" start to feel depressed?
2. What does the woman in "The Hand" decide to do?
3. What does Colette think of in "Bygone Springs"?
4. Where is the man when he meets the girl he becomes enamored with in "The Tender Shoot"?
5. What makes the painter in "The Landscape" re-think his killing himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maxine become convinced that Armande loves him in "Armande"?
2. "What happens in the country during "The Watchmen"?
3. What is the man haunted by in "Dawn"?
4. Why does Bernard end an affair in "The Rendezvous"?
5. What does Colette encourage an older man to do in "The Tender Shoot"?
6. What does "In the Flower of Age" describe?
7. What does an aging woman imagine in "The Judge"?
8. What do the women discuss during "Secrets"?
9. Who is Delia in 'The Rainy Moon" and what is she mourning?
10. What does the hollow nut Colette describes in "The Hollow Nut" symbolize?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)