|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl in "The Hard Worker" worry about?
(a) Not making enough money.
(b) Not finding love.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Not being able to sing.
2. How does Colette describe the life at the Music Hall?
3. How old is the woman in "Journey's End"?
4. What does the title character of "A Hairdresser" talk about?
(a) The latest hairstyles.
(b) The latest hat style.
(c) The latest dress styles.
(d) The latest political news.
5. In "The Other Table" what is the name of the wealthy man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colette describe in "Rites"?
2. Who dissents in the cast in "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!"?
3. What kind of stories does the girl in "Literature" think are the best?
4. In "The Screen" what does the love interest of the wealthy man do?
5. What does Colette's friend say she would prevent her daughter from doing in "If I Had a Daughter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the tenor described in "The Tenor"?
2. What does "Arrival and Rehearsal" continue?
3. What happened between Colette and a dancer in "Gibriche"?
4. What does the "Grape Harvest" show?
5. What practice is described in "Rites"?
6. What does the stage mother complain of in "The Child Prodigy"?
7. What does Colette think is a kind of freedom for Valentine in "Newly Shorn"?
8. What does Colette find out about the dancer's mother?
9. What does "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!" describe?
10. What is vulgar according to Colette in "The Master"?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)