|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone think of the name of the performer in "The Misfit"?
(a) It is pretentious.
(b) It is nice.
(c) It is short
(d) It is French.
2. Why does the younger man go back to the older woman in "The Return"?
(a) His wife died.
(b) His wife is poor.
(c) He wants a mistress.
(d) He is tired of his wife.
3. What is the weather like in "Matinee"?
(b) Very cold.
(d) Very warm.
4. What does the title character of "A Hairdresser" talk about?
(a) The latest political news.
(b) The latest dress styles.
(c) The latest hat style.
(d) The latest hairstyles.
5. Where does the wealthy man sit in "Chouk's Fling"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a park.
(d) In a theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Colette write a letter to in "A Letter"?
2. How much did the friend of the woman Colette talks with in "Gitanette" stole?
3. What does Colette's friend say she would prevent her daughter from doing in "If I Had a Daughter"?
4. What does the performer in "The Misfit" do on stage?
5. What does the dancer in "After Midnight" like to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is vulgar according to Colette in "The Master"?
2. In "The Other Table" what man does Colette speak of?
3. In "If I Had a Daughter" what does Colette find unpleasant?
4. Who is Charlot in "Clever Dogs"?
5. What does the man accept in "Chouk's Fling"?
6. What happens with the man's friends in "Chouk Alone"?
7. What does "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!" describe?
8. Why does Valentine scold Colette in "The Semiramis Bar"?
9. What does "Arrival and Rehearsal" continue?
10. What does Colette think is a kind of freedom for Valentine in "Newly Shorn"?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)