|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the letter Collete writes despite criticizing her friend?
2. What does the younger man miss in "The Pearls"?
(a) The food from France.
(b) The money of his wife.
(c) The weather of Paris.
(d) The youth of his wife.
3. Why does the nightingale begin to sing at night according to Colette in "A Fable: The Tendrils of the Vine"?
(a) He wants food.
(b) He is in love.
(c) The vine rises to choke him.
(d) He wants water.
4. Who is the girl angry with in "My Goddaughter"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her godmother.
5. What does the girl in "The Hard Worker" worry about?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Not being able to sing.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Not finding love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colette say about the girl in "Love"?
2. What is the stage performer in "The Child Prodigy" complaining about?
3. Why is Gibriche rude to Colette in "Gibriche"?
4. What does the dancer in "After Midnight" like to do?
5. What does the woman in "Nostalgia" complain about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goes to the opium den in "The Screen" and why?
2. What does "Arrival and Rehearsal" continue?
3. What do Colette and her goddaughter discuss in "Literature"?
4. Who does Colette worry about in "The Starveling"?
5. What is vulgar according to Colette in "The Master"?
6. What does Colette find out about the dancer's mother?
7. Who is Charlot in "Clever Dogs"?
8. What does the man accept in "Chouk's Fling"?
9. Why does Valentine scold Colette in "The Semiramis Bar"?
10. In "The Other Table" what man does Colette speak of?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)