|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the younger man say to the woman that makes her indignant?
(a) He is moving to North Africa.
(b) He is joining the army.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is poor.
2. Why is the cast in "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!" getting worked up?
(a) The stage is dangerous.
(b) The public is belligerent.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) Unfair conditions.
3. What does the troupe think of the location in "The Halt"?
(a) It is noisy.
(b) It is picturesque and foreign.
(c) It i small.
(d) It is well lit.
4. Why is the girl angry in "My Granddaughter"?
(a) Her mother bought her an unfashionable shirt.
(b) Her mother bought her an unfashionable dress.
(c) Her mother bought her an unfashionable pants.
(d) Her mother bought her an unfashionable hat.
5. What is the name of the dog the trainer praises in "Clever Dogs"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of his friends does the wealthy man see in the stairs in "Chouk Alone"?
2. Why does the performer in "The Starveling" try to save money before returning to Paris?
3. What does the woman in "Nostalgia" complain about?
4. What kind of stories does the girl like?
5. What does the masseuse in "A Masseuse" complain about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "The Misfit" describe?
2. What does the "Grape Harvest" show?
3. Why does Valentine scold Colette in "The Semiramis Bar"?
4. In "If I Had a Daughter" what does Colette find unpleasant?
5. What happened to Josette in "The Victim"?
6. In "Gitanette" what story does Gitanette tell Colette?
7. Who does Colette worry about in "The Starveling"?
8. What practice is described in "Rites"?
9. What does Colette think is a kind of freedom for Valentine in "Newly Shorn"?
10. What do the stories in "Dialogues for One Voice" have in common?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)