|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of the fox's actions in "The Fox"?
(a) The friendship between the two men is ruined.
(b) The fox dies.
(c) The duck dies.
(d) The man who owns the fox has to pay the other man.
2. Where does the man in "The Hidden Woman" want his wife to go to?
(a) A theater.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A masked ball.
(d) A horse course.
3. How old is Marco in "The Kepi"?
(a) 25 years older than Colette.
(b) 35 years older than Colette.
(c) 5 years older than Colette.
(d) 15 years older than Colette.
4. What irks Colette during her trip in "Bella-Vista"?
(a) The blabbering of a tourist.
(b) The sound of the birds.
(c) The silence.
(d) The fakeness of the inn and the sisters.
5. Where does Madame Arnaud live in "The Photographer's Wife"?
(a) Southeast of Paris.
(b) In Monaco.
(c) Down the hall of the jeweler's shop.
(d) Two streets over from the jeweler.
6. What does the man in 'Dawn" think about when he is in the country?
(a) That he can get over the loss.
(b) That he will never recover from the loss.
(c) That farms are pretty cheap.
(d) That women will be the downfall of man.
7. What does the man in "The Hidden Woman" suspect his wife of?
(b) Spending all of his money.
(c) Taking acting classes.
(d) Cheating on him.
8. What does the man in "The Respite" find a picture of in the newspaper?
(a) His brother with his father.
(b) His wife at the theater.
(c) His daughter with her boyfriend.
(d) His wife kissing another man.
9. What does Mardame Arnaud try to do?
(a) Impress Colette with her writing skills.
(b) Take a lover.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill herself.
10. Who is the man in "Bella-Vista" hated by?
(b) Intelligent people.
11. What does Colette think of in "Bygone Springs"?
12. What is the name of the singer Antoinette and her rival fight for?
13. Which one of the two couples of "The Rendezvous" is married?
(a) Bernard and Rose
(b) Bernard and Odette.
(c) Cecil and Odette.
(d) Cecil and Rose.
14. Where are the two couples of "The Rendezvous" going to?
15. Who does the couple in "The Other Wife" see in a restaurant?
(a) The husband's mistress.
(b) The ex-wife of the husband.
(c) The husband's two other wives.
(d) The husband's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the victim of the man in 'The Burglar" think the man is in the house for?
2. What does the woman in "The Hand" decide to do?
3. What is the woman in "In the Flower of Age" find disappointing in the man she is dating?
4. Who wins over the singer in "The Rivals"?
5. Where do the two men in "The Fox" walk every day?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)