|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in "The Respite" find a picture of in the newspaper?
(a) His brother with his father.
(b) His wife kissing another man.
(c) His wife at the theater.
(d) His daughter with her boyfriend.
2. Who is Antoinette the rival of in "The Rivals"?
3. Why is the woman in "The Judge" cross for?
(a) Her neckless.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her haircut.
(d) Her young lover.
4. Why does the man in " A Dead End " become jealous?
(a) The woman in love tells him about a trip in Tanger.
(b) The woman in love reminds him that he was not her first husband.
(c) He is reminded that the woman he loves had a life before him.
(d) The woman in love has male friends.
5. Where does the man in "The Hidden Woman" want his wife to go to?
(a) A horse course.
(b) A masked ball.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A theater.
6. Who does the man in "The Murderer" kill?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) A policeman.
7. Why does the man in "The Rendezvous" end his relationship with the woman?
(a) He finds her shallow.
(b) He finds her slow moving.
(c) He finds her ugly.
(d) He finds her uninteresting.
8. Who is Armande's love talking to at the start of "Armande"?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
9. What are Philippe and Vinca organizing in "April"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A party.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A trip to Morocco.
10. Why does the man in "The Other Wife" start to feel depressed?
(a) His fiance did not know he was married.
(b) He left the polygamist group.
(c) He doesn't know why his ex wife left him.
(d) His mistress is more loving than his wife.
11. Who does Colette see kissing in "Bygone Spring"?
(a) The day laborer and the seamstress.
(b) The maid and the day laborer.
(c) The maid and the man of the house.
(d) The day laborer and te lady of the house.
12. Who is Marco a friend of in "The Kepi"?
13. Who does Marco start an affair with?
(a) A politician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A baker.
(d) A soldier.
14. How old is Colette in "The Kepi"?
(a) She is in her early 20s.
(b) She is in her early 30s.
(c) She is in her early 50s.
(d) She is in her early 40s.
15. What does the older woman have fond memories of?
(a) Monsieur Maurice's youth.
(b) Monsieur Maurice parents.
(c) Monsieur Maurice's daughter.
(d) Monsieur Maurice's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the painter in "The Landscape" re-think his killing himself?
2. Who comes to help Colette and Valentine in "One Evening"?
3. What does the man in 'Dawn" think about when he is in the country?
4. How old is Marco in "The Kepi"?
5. What does the man use as bandages in "The Rendezvous"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)