|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in "The Rendezvous" end his relationship with the woman?
(a) He finds her slow moving.
(b) He finds her shallow.
(c) He finds her ugly.
(d) He finds her uninteresting.
2. Who are the two characters in "The Portrait"?
(a) Two middle aged men.
(b) Two middle aged women.
(c) Two middle aged couples.
(d) Two young women.
3. What does the fox of the man try to do in "The Fox"?
(a) Eat the foxs of the other man.
(b) Eat the chickens of the other man.
(c) Eat the ducks of the other man.
(d) Eat the hunting dog of the other man.
4. Why is the man in "The Omelet" starving?
(a) He is hiding because of his crime.
(b) He fasts as a penitence.
(c) Nobody wants to serve him food.
(d) He can't cook.
5. Who is the young man in "The Advice" trying to leave?
(a) A woman.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A man.
(d) His parents.
6. Why does the man in " A Dead End " become jealous?
(a) The woman in love tells him about a trip in Tanger.
(b) The woman in love reminds him that he was not her first husband.
(c) He is reminded that the woman he loves had a life before him.
(d) The woman in love has male friends.
7. What does the man in "Monsieur Maurice" need to hire?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A secretary.
8. Where does Colette try to convince her friend to spend time at in "The Tender Shoot"?
(a) A house full of old women.
(b) A house full of young girls.
(c) A house full of Germans.
(d) A house full of soldiers.
9. Who wins over the singer in "The Rivals"?
10. Who sends money to Marco in "The Kepi"?
(a) Her estate.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her ex-husband.
11. What changes the image suddenly and makes it unflattering in "The Portrait"?
(a) The rain.
(b) The sea air.
(c) The fire fumes.
12. Who does the man in "The Murderer" kill?
(a) His wife.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His father.
13. What do Philippe and Vince find when going for a walk in "April"?
(a) A dead cow.
(b) Philippe's parents.
(c) A few soldiers.
(d) A couple in each other's arms.
14. What does the bracelet in "The Bracelet" remind the woman of?
(a) A red glass bracelet she had as a child.
(b) A blue glass bracelet she had as a child.
(c) A green glass bracelet she had as a child.
(d) A yellow glass bracelet she had as a child.
15. What is Marco making a living doing in "The Kepi"?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a music hall artist.
(c) She is a singer.
(d) Writing stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man in "The Burglar" hide when his victim comes home early?
2. Who does the man in "Monsieur Maurice" ponder hiring?
3. When does the woman in "The Hand" first notice the hands of her husband?
4. Why is the married couple hoping for the other couple to marry in "The Rendezvous"?
5. Why does the man in "Dawn" go to the country?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)