|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the girl angry in "My Granddaughter"?
(a) Her mother bought her an unfashionable dress.
(b) Her mother bought her an unfashionable pants.
(c) Her mother bought her an unfashionable hat.
(d) Her mother bought her an unfashionable shirt.
2. Who is depressed in "A Bad Morning"?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The show producer.
(c) The performers.
(d) The public.
3. How does Colette describe the tenor in "The Tenor"?
4. What does the troupe in "Arrival and Rehearsal" inaugurate?
(a) A new shopping mall.
(b) A new train station.
(c) A new theater.
(d) A new military base.
5. Where does the girl in "Love" come from?
6. Who receives a sub par allowance for costumes in "The Workroom"?
(a) The dressers.
(b) The men.
(c) The stage hands.
(d) The women.
7. What is the letter Collete writes despite criticizing her friend?
8. What is the weather like in "Matinee"?
(a) Very warm.
(b) Very cold.
9. In "The Other Table" what do the wealthy man and his love interest do?
(a) They walk.
(b) They drive a car.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They dine.
10. What does Colette think of her friend's haircut in "Newly Shorn"?
(a) That it makes her look older.
(b) That it makes her look younger.
(c) It is a kind of freedom.
(d) It is kind of old fashioned.
11. What does Colette say in response to her friends' scolding her in "The Semiramis Bar"?
(a) That the owner is kind to her patrons.
(b) That she gathers many stories there.
(c) That her friend meets her there.
(d) That she likes their special brew.
12. What does the man in "An Interview" describe?
(a) His phobias.
(b) His business.
(c) His family.
(d) His car.
13. What does the performer in "The Misfit" think of the summer crowds?
(a) They are old.
(b) They are forgiving.
(c) They are mostly children.
(d) They are savages.
14. Who is the woman in "Bastienne's Child"?
(a) An older teacher.
(b) An old performer.
(c) A young mother.
(d) A pregnant performer.
15. Why does the nightingale begin to sing at night according to Colette in "A Fable: The Tendrils of the Vine"?
(a) He wants food.
(b) He is in love.
(c) The vine rises to choke him.
(d) He wants water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the troupe arrive at the start of "The Halt"?
2. Who does the wealthy man sit with in "Chouk's Fling"?
3. What does the younger man say to the woman that makes her indignant?
4. Why does the younger man go back to the older woman in "The Return"?
5. What is the stage performer in "The Child Prodigy" complaining about?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)