|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the performer in "The Starveling" try to save money before returning to Paris?
(a) His wife is high maintenance.
(b) He almost starved the prior year.
(c) He almost lost him home the prior year.
(d) He wants to wow a woman.
2. What is the name of the dog the trainer praises in "Clever Dogs"?
3. Why does the younger man go back to the older woman in "The Return"?
(a) He wants a mistress.
(b) His wife died.
(c) He is tired of his wife.
(d) His wife is poor.
4. Who does the woman in "The Circus Horse" perform with?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
5. What does the dancer in "After Midnight" like to do?
(a) Dance for the single men,
(b) Pick a couple and dance for them.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Pick a man and make fun of him.
6. Who says that the other has ruined her property?
(a) The little girl's godmother.
(b) The little girl's mother.
(c) The little girl's sister.
(d) The little girl's grandmother.
7. What does the woman in "Nostalgia" work as?
(a) A dresser.
(b) As a hair dresser.
(c) A stage hand.
(d) As a background painter.
8. What does the man in "An Interview" describe?
(a) His business.
(b) His phobias.
(c) His car.
(d) His family.
9. What is the letter Collete writes despite criticizing her friend?
10. What does Colette's friend long for in "Grape Harvest"?
(a) The days where women were subserviant.
(b) The days of feudalism.
(c) The days of Napoleon.
(d) The days of the third republic.
11. What does the troupe in "Arrival and Rehearsal" inaugurate?
(a) A new train station.
(b) A new shopping mall.
(c) A new theater.
(d) A new military base.
12. What does the girl find condescending in "Literature"?
(a) Love novels.
(b) Children's literature.
(c) Adult literature.
(d) Historical fiction.
13. What does the girl in "The Hard Worker" worry about?
(a) Not finding love.
(b) Being ugly.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Not being able to sing.
14. Who is the girl angry with in "My Goddaughter"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her godmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
15. What town does the troupe do in "La Fenice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dissents in the cast in "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!"?
2. Who receives a sub par allowance for costumes in "The Workroom"?
3. In "The Other Table" what is the name of the wealthy man?
4. What is the stage performer in "The Child Prodigy" complaining about?
5. In "The Other Table" how long had the wealthy man seen his love interest for?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)