|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the daughter of the stage performer in "The Child Prodigy"?
2. What does Colette's friend say she would prevent her daughter from doing in "If I Had a Daughter"?
(a) Attending lectures.
(b) Meet Colette.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Marry young.
3. Who says that the other has ruined her property?
(a) The little girl's sister.
(b) The little girl's mother.
(c) The little girl's godmother.
(d) The little girl's grandmother.
4. Why does the performer in "The Starveling" try to save money before returning to Paris?
(a) He almost starved the prior year.
(b) He wants to wow a woman.
(c) His wife is high maintenance.
(d) He almost lost him home the prior year.
5. What does Colette's friend in the Cure talk to Colette about?
(a) How to avoid being out of style.
(b) How to properly raise a girl.
(c) How to get over a lover.
(d) How to get a dog.
6. Why is the cast in "The Strike, Oh, Lord, the Strike!" getting worked up?
(a) The stage is dangerous.
(b) The weather is bad.
(c) The public is belligerent.
(d) Unfair conditions.
7. What does everyone think of the name of the performer in "The Misfit"?
(a) It is nice.
(b) It is short
(c) It is French.
(d) It is pretentious.
8. What is the weather like in "Matinee"?
(a) Very warm.
(b) Very cold.
9. Why does Colette's friend scold her for frequenting a bar in "The Semiramis Bar"?
(a) Foreigners go there.
(b) It is small and bad smelling.
(c) It is disreputable.
(d) It is for poor people.
10. In "Literature" who is the girl who asks questions of Colette?
(a) Her goddaughter.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her granddaughter.
(d) Her daughter.
11. What is the name of the older married woman in "Cheri"?
12. Who receives a sub par allowance for costumes in "The Workroom"?
(a) The women.
(b) The dressers.
(c) The stage hands.
(d) The men.
13. What does the younger man see that makes him depressed in "The Pearls"?
(a) The start of World War II.
(b) The condition of the North African men.
(c) His ex-wife remarry.
(d) The older woman's age.
14. In "The Screen" what does the wealthy man do because of his depression?
(a) He goes to North Africa.
(b) He tries to kill himself.
(c) He joins the army.
(d) He goes to an opium den.
15. What does the girl find condescending in "Literature"?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Love novels.
(c) Adult literature.
(d) Children's literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the troupe arrive at the start of "The Halt"?
2. Where does the wealthy man sit in "Chouk's Fling"?
3. What does Colette say of the cashier in "The Cashier"?
4. What does Colette say is different from what the performers are on stage?
5. What does the performer in "The Misfit" do on stage?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)