|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in "An Interview" describe?
(a) His business.
(b) His car.
(c) His phobias.
(d) His family.
2. What does Colette describe in "Rites"?
(a) Valentine's work.
(b) Valentine's family.
(c) Valentine's education.
(d) Valentine's manner of getting ready to go out.
3. What does the girl in "The Hard Worker" worry about?
(a) Not being able to sing.
(b) Not making enough money.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Not finding love.
4. What is the name of the older married woman in "Cheri"?
5. Who is the woman in "Bastienne's Child"?
(a) An old performer.
(b) An older teacher.
(c) A young mother.
(d) A pregnant performer.
6. What does Colette say of the cashier in "The Cashier"?
(a) She is almost invisible.
(b) She is always centerstage.
(c) She is young.
(d) She is talkative.
7. In "The Other Table" what do the wealthy man and his love interest do?
(a) They walk.
(b) They drive a car.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They dine.
8. What does the woman in "Journey's End" have trouble with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her career
(d) Her love life.
9. What does everyone think of the name of the performer in "The Misfit"?
(a) It is nice.
(b) It is French.
(c) It is pretentious.
(d) It is short
10. Who does the woman in "The Circus Horse" perform with?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
11. How does Colette describe the life at the Music Hall?
12. What does the dancer in "After Midnight" like to do?
(a) Dance for the single men,
(b) Pick a couple and dance for them.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Pick a man and make fun of him.
13. Where do the older woman and the younger man run to in "The Pearls"?
14. Why does the performer in "The Starveling" try to save money before returning to Paris?
(a) He almost starved the prior year.
(b) His wife is high maintenance.
(c) He almost lost him home the prior year.
(d) He wants to wow a woman.
15. What does the performer in 'Moments of Stress" create in Colette?
(a) The desire to perform.
(b) The desire to get far away from the performance.
(c) The desire to give away money.
(d) The desire to go to Provence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the performer given in "The Misfit"?
2. What does the troupe think of the location in "The Halt"?
3. How old is the woman in "Journey's End"?
4. What is the weather like in "Matinee"?
5. What does Colette think of her friend's haircut in "Newly Shorn"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)