* Early Stories
* In "The Other Table" Colette tells the story of Clouk, a rich man that dates a music hall start named Lulu.
* Lulu leaves Clouk after 4 years and he becomes depressed, going to an opium den to ease his pain.
* Clouk's friends want nothing to do with him.
* Clouk is starting to accept that she is gone and goes to the restaurant with a depressing companion.
* In "Cheri" Cheri has an affair with Lea, an older married woman.
* Cheri reveals to Lea that he is getting married and Lea is upset.
* Cheri is bored with his wife and return to Lea.
* Lea and Cheri go to Tunis, but Cheri finds that he misses his younger wife.
* In "Literature" Colette's goddaughter talk to her about her writing and gives her her opinion on children's books.
* Colette's goddaughter prefers stories without pictures that end happily.
* Colette's goddaughter...
This section contains 2,013 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)