|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sister Souljah first see Midnight?
2. What kind of shoes does Winter steal from the old lady in the hotel parking lot?
3. Whom does Winter run into at the party for GS?
4. What does Bullet try to teach Winter while they are in Florida?
5. What is the name of the boy Lauren sets Winter up with in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Winter when she and Bullet stop in Brooklyn to leave his car before their trip to Baltimore?
2. What suggestions does Sister Souljah give Winter about her future?
3. What does Winter learn about Midnight through the letters she stole from Sister Souljah?
4. How does Bullet control Winter's every move?
5. What is Winter's plan to find Midnight after she discovers his whereabouts in his letters to Sister Souljah?
6. What does Winter discover about Sister Souljah as a member or her household?
7. What happens when Winter and Lauren go to a private party hoping to find GS in Chapter 15?
8. Why does Bullet want to rent a car to get his drugs and guns to Baltimore?
9. What are the house rules at Sister Souljah's?
10. What is Winter's life like with Bullet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What qualities does Winter embody both as a character and as a narrator of the story? What makes her a reliable or unreliable narrator?
Essay Topic 2
What is the nature of Winter's relationship with her mother? What purpose does Mrs. Santiaga's character serve in the novel? What message does Sister Souljah have about mothers and daughters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss both the narrative tone and structure of this novel and their impact on the reader's experience.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)