|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bullet's new business while Winter is in prison?
2. What was the name of the drug dealer Bullet worked for as a kid?
3. Who is the first hip-hop artist Winter meets at Sister Souljah's house?
4. What does Bullet try to teach Winter while they are in Florida?
5. Where is GS going to play in concert the week after his big party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Souljah tell the women at Riker's Island, and what effect does it have on Winter?
2. Why does Winter decide to get an abortion?
3. What does Sister Souljah question the women about in the meetings in her apartment?
4. Why does Bullet ask Winter about Midnight as they plan their trip to Baltimore?
5. What are the house rules at Sister Souljah's?
6. What suggestions does Sister Souljah give Winter about her future?
7. What happens to Winter when she and Bullet stop in Brooklyn to leave his car before their trip to Baltimore?
8. How does Winter get captured by the police while Bullet walks away?
9. How does Bullet control Winter's every move?
10. What does Winter discover at the Marriott after she runs away from Sister Souljahs? How does she cope with this setback?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of descriptive and vulgar language and the impact these had on the narrative value of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How is winter an appropriate, extended metaphor for the main character's life in the The Coldest Winter Ever? Will there ever be spring or summer in the life of Winter Santiaga?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the character Bullet was used throughout the novel. Contrast his qualities and choices to those of Midnight and Ricky Santiaga.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)