|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising thing does Winter's mom do in Chapter 7?
2. Who calls Winter from jail in Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of Winter's beauty salon in Brooklyn?
4. What is the first thing on Winter's list of things she needs in the group home?
5. Who had information about Midnight in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winter discover about Midnight as she meets with him one more time to get her father's money?
2. What is Winter's relationship like with her mother?
3. What is Winter's plan to make money while she is on probation at the group home?
4. What does Winter learn about Midnight from Rashida?
5. What is Winter's father like?
6. What does the lawyer tell Winter and her mother after Mrs. Santiaga gets out of jail?
7. What does Winter discover about her father when she takes her mother to visit him in prison?
8. What happens to Winter after she discovers that her father is no longer at Riker's?
9. What happens on Winter's sixteenth birthday?
10. What actions does Winter take to survive at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of descriptive and vulgar language and the impact these had on the narrative value of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the lasting impression that The Coldest Winter Ever makes on the reader? What do you think the author's intent was in writing this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the character Bullet was used throughout the novel. Contrast his qualities and choices to those of Midnight and Ricky Santiaga.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)