|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the lawyer charge Mrs. Santiaga for his services to get her released from jail?
2. Where is Winter's mother taken in Chapter 6?
3. What does Santiaga buy his wife as a present after the shooting?
4. What gift does Winter bring to Porsche at the group home in Queens?
5. In what month is Winter's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winter discover about her birthday celebration when she meets with Midnight in Chapter 7?
2. What does Winter want from Will in Chapter 9?
3. What happens when Winter visits her father's lawyer in Chapter 6?
4. What happens to Winter after she discovers that her father is no longer at Riker's?
5. What is Winter's father like?
6. What actions does Winter take to survive at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. What does Winter decide is her best plan of action after meeting with the lawyer in Chapter 7?
8. What does Winter discover about Midnight as she meets with him one more time to get her father's money?
9. What happens when Winter returns from celebrating her seventeenth birthday with her Brooklyn friends?
10. What is Winter's plan to make money while she is on probation at the group home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the meaning behind the title of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the narrative tone and structure of this novel and their impact on the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of media and commercial images used throughout the novel. What purpose do they serve? Do they enhance the reader's experience or distract the reader?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)