|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Winter's probation period in the group home?
2. What was Mrs. Santiaga most enraged about losing?
3. Claudette, Winter's group home roommate, is from _____________.
4. What is Winter's father's business?
5. In Chapter 3, whom does Winter hear on the radio when she is riding in Midnight's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winter's plan to make money while she is on probation at the group home?
2. What does Winter discover about her birthday celebration when she meets with Midnight in Chapter 7?
3. What happens when Winter returns from celebrating her seventeenth birthday with her Brooklyn friends?
4. What seems to be Winter's priorities as she meets with Midnight in Chapter 7?
5. How did Midnight manage to stay out of jail while Santiaga and all his associates are in prison?
6. What is Winter's relationship like with her friends in Brooklyn?
7. What happens on Winter's sixteenth birthday?
8. What does Winter learn about Midnight from Rashida?
9. What does Winter want from Will in Chapter 9?
10. What happens to Winter and her family in the days after Santiaga is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of life and death in the novel in terms of both physical death and spiritual death.
Essay Topic 2
What is the lasting impression that The Coldest Winter Ever makes on the reader? What do you think the author's intent was in writing this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of love in the novel. Are any characters actions motivated by pure love? What seems to be the strongest character motivation?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)