|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Mrs. Santiaga is put on a waiting list for __________.
(a) Prison visits.
(b) Supervised visitation.
(c) Food stamps.
(d) Family shelter.
2. How much money was in Santiaga's safety deposit box?
3. What is the name of the club owner that tells Santiago that Winter is in Brooklyn in Chapter 3?
(a) Lion's Den.
(d) Big Moe.
4. What was Mrs. Santiaga most enraged about losing?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her house.
(c) Record collection.
(d) Her daughters.
5. What is the first thing on Winter's list of things she needs in the group home?
(c) A lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Winter receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
2. How much does the lawyer need as a retainer to take Santiaga's case?
3. What is the name of Santiaga's lawyer?
4. What does Winter's father give her when she is born?
5. What is the name of Winter's best friend in Brooklyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winter's elaborate plan to celebrate her seventeenth birthday?
2. What is Winter's relationship like with her mother?
3. What is the fate of Winter's sisters after they are picked up by the Bureau of Child Welfare?
4. What happens to Winter and her family in the days after Santiaga is arrested?
5. What does Winter decide is her best plan of action after meeting with the lawyer in Chapter 7?
6. How did Midnight manage to stay out of jail while Santiaga and all his associates are in prison?
7. What does Winter learn about Midnight from Rashida?
8. What happens on Winter's sixteenth birthday?
9. What is Winter's father like?
10. What happens the first time Winter escapes Long Island to go into Brooklyn?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)