|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Winter's mother when Winter was born?
2. What game does Winter play with her father?
(d) Russian Roulette.
3. Who picks up the younger Santiaga girls?
4. What color is the carpet in Winter's family apartment?
5. What is the name of Winter's social worker at the group home?
(a) Kelly Whyte.
(b) Karri Hart.
(c) Kathy Johnson.
(d) Karen Goldberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Winter forbidden to go?
2. How long is Winter's probation period in the group home?
3. What does Winter's father give her when she is born?
4. How much does the lawyer charge Mrs. Santiaga for his services to get her released from jail?
5. What is the name of one of the books that Midnight offers Winter in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winter's elaborate plan to celebrate her seventeenth birthday?
2. What is Winter's father like?
3. What seems to be Winter's priorities as she meets with Midnight in Chapter 7?
4. What happens when Winter visits her father's lawyer in Chapter 6?
5. After her mom is shot, what does Santiaga tell his daughter?
6. What does Winter learn about Midnight from Rashida?
7. Describe what Winter is like in the first six chapters of the novel.
8. What happens to Winter after she discovers that her father is no longer at Riker's?
9. What happens when Winter returns from celebrating her seventeenth birthday with her Brooklyn friends?
10. What happens to Winter and her family in the days after Santiaga is arrested?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)