|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Santiaga want Dulce to give Winter?
2. Whom does Winter want to give advice to at the end of the novel?
3. What kind of dogs does Bullet get to keep Winter in their apartment?
(a) Great Danes.
(b) Pit Bulls.
4. How much money does Winter spend on a dress at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. What does Winter steal from Sister Souljah's room?
6. Whom does Winter try to call from a payphone at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(c) Sister Souljah.
7. What was the name of the cop who helped Santiaga until he retired?
(a) Captain Julusco.
(b) Captain Rudolph.
(c) Captain Thompson.
(d) Captain Chulla.
8. What kind of doctor is Doc?
(d) General medicine.
9. Where does Sister Souljah take Winter in Chapter 12?
(a) Museum of Natural History.
(b) Riker's Island.
10. What does Winter accidentally call Bullet one night in their new apartment?
11. Winter says she is in prison for _____________.
(a) An education.
(b) A bad attitude.
(d) A mistake.
12. In Chapter 19 what does Winter's mother have for her?
(d) Letters from Santiaga.
13. What is the name of Bullet's gang?
(a) Big Heads.
(b) Young Heads.
(c) Young Bloods.
(d) The Boys.
14. At the funeral, how many years has it been since Winter saw her father?
15. By the end of the novel, who owns a successful record shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Bullet's door begging for drugs in Chapter 17?
2. What is the first house rule at Sister Souljah's?
3. Who is Lauren's favorite hip-hop artist?
4. Winter can't understand why Sister Souljah has so many ___________.
5. What is Bullet's new business while Winter is in prison?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)