|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concert does Winter go to in Chapter 9?
(a) LL Cool J.
(c) Uptown and the Boogie Down.
2. Where does Winter take her mother in Chapter 5?
(a) The beauty salon.
(d) The mall.
3. What color is the carpet in Winter's family apartment?
4. What are Winter and her friends drinking the night of her seventeenth birthday?
(a) Captain and Coke.
(c) Absolute and Alize.
5. How many years has Midnight worked for Santiaga?
6. What year was the narrator born?
7. In Chapter 5, where does Winter say there is a party?
(b) Hofstra University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Natalie's house.
8. What is the name of Winter's social worker at the group home?
(a) Kelly Whyte.
(b) Karri Hart.
(c) Karen Goldberg.
(d) Kathy Johnson.
9. What is the name of Winter's first sugar daddy?
10. Where does Mrs. Santiaga go after jail?
(a) Aunt B's.
(b) Long Island.
(d) Aunt Laurie's.
11. What is the name of one of the books that Midnight offers Winter in Chapter 4?
(a) Art of War.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Grapes of Wrath.
(d) Great Expectations.
12. Whom does Santiaga want Winter to marry?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A dealer.
(d) A teacher.
13. Winter believes that her father is not a ___________, but he is just a businessman.
(b) Drug dealer.
14. In what month is Winter's birthday?
15. Where does Winter go to stay in Chapter 8?
(b) Aunt Laurie.
(d) Aunt B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Santiagas' housekeeper?
2. Where does Midnight take Winter shopping in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the group home where Winter is sent?
4. Whom does Winter receive a letter from in Chapter 11?
5. Where is Winter forbidden to go?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)