|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Fischer's company?
(a) Adventure Consultants.
(b) Mountain Madness.
(c) Himalyan Guides.
(d) Extreme Sports.
2. Why was Boukreev anxious about Lopsang?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His youthfulness.
(c) His education.
(d) His experience.
3. What season is it when the book opens?
4. What was one reoccurring theme in Fischer's interviews with Bromet?
5. What was samochuvstvie?
(a) A Russian term of endearment.
(b) A slang Russian term for ego.
(c) A Russian monetary system.
(d) A Russian concept of a person's state of being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change of plans did Fischer make leaving Kathmandu?
2. What was Lopsang Jangbu in charge of?
3. What did Boukreev need to procure?
4. What client was controversial to be included in the Everest climb?
5. Before the Everest climb, what was Boukreev's reaction to Fischer asking him to secure clients for another climb after Everest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hunt?
2. What request from Fischer surprised Boukreev, in Chapter 3, "Doing the Deals?"
3. Besides Mountain Madness, who else climbed Everest in the spring of 1996?
4. Who are the authors of "The Climb?"
5. How did Boukreev get from Kathmandu to Everest base camp?
6. Who were the lead Sherpas hired by Fischer, and how did Boukreev feel about them?
7. Who was Sandy Hill Pittman?
8. Describe the relationship between Fischer and Boukreev in the planning stages of the expedition?
9. What was the role of the Sherpas on a climbing expedition?
10. Describe Pete and Klev Schoening, two of the Mountain Madness clients.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)