|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dale Kruse's profession?
2. What was a typical meal on the mountain?
(a) Rice, lentils, soup, and vegetables.
(b) Steak, potatoes, and toast.
(c) Pasta, meatballs, and garlic bread.
(d) Eggs, sausage, and potatoes.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 11, Toward the Push?
(a) April 27.
(b) April 21.
(c) April 25.
(d) April 23.
4. How did some describe Boukreev?
5. What was Lopsang Jangbu in charge of?
(a) High altitude.
(b) Food preparation.
(d) Base camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Boukreev's greeting to Martin Adams at Camp II?
2. What concerned Adams about the way the expedition was being managed?
3. Before the Everest climb, what worried Boukreev?
4. At the end of Chapter 11, Toward the Push, Fischer joked that Boukreev and Adam were going to descend lower than base camp to ____.
5. What was Boukreev's counter offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the rescue in Chapter 10, The First Delays.
2. Who was Hunt?
3. What happened in Chapter 11, Towards the Push, to Dale Kruse?
4. Much of "The Climb" is aimed at defending Boukreev against accusations made about his conduct on the climb. What two defenses did the authors stress in Chapters 3 and 4?
5. Describe Pete and Klev Schoening, two of the Mountain Madness clients.
6. In the months before the Everest climb, which mountains did Boukreev and Fischer each climb?
7. What was Beidleman's response to Boukreev's confusion of their role as guides?
8. What did Henry Todd think about Kruse being on the Mountain Madness team?
9. Describe the setting of the fixed ropes, in Chapter 11, Towards the Push.
10. In Chapter 10, The First Delays, what were the attitudes of the clients towards the guides of the Mountain Madness expedition?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)