|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 11, Toward the Push, Fischer joked that Boukreev and Adam were going to descend lower than base camp to ____.
(a) Rest and recuperate before the summit bid.
(b) Bring supplies and oxygen to the rest of the crew.
(c) Play cards and gamble.
(d) Meet woman trekkers and drink beer.
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 11, Toward the Push?
(a) April 23.
(b) April 21.
(c) April 27.
(d) April 25.
3. Boukreev's acclimation plan included how many ascents?
4. How much did Karen Dickinson owe Mountain Madness?
5. What caused problems on the trek to base camp?
(b) FInancial constraints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who payed for the Sherpas to prepare the routes?
2. Fischer was often heard saying what to his team members?
3. When Fischer arrived in Nepal, how many days away were his clients?
4. What year does the book open?
5. What did AMS stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides Mountain Madness, who else climbed Everest in the spring of 1996?
2. Describe the problem with the oxygen, in Chapter 5, "The Trail to Everest."
3. What was the role of the Sherpas on a climbing expedition?
4. What was Boukreev's confusion about his role as guide?
5. What caused delays in getting equipment to base camp?
6. Dale Kruse, a dentist from Colorado and an early financial supporter of Fischer's climbing business, was the eighth member of the group. Why was his inclusion controversial?
7. What did Henry Todd think about Kruse being on the Mountain Madness team?
8. What was Beidleman's response to Boukreev's confusion of their role as guides?
9. What was Boukreev's initial reaction to meeting his climbers?
10. How did Sandy Pittman communicate with NBC?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)