|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person Boukreev escorted back to Camp IV?
2. What did Adams advise Hunt to get from Fischer?
(a) Additional oxygen supplies.
(b) A raise because of the danger of the trip.
(c) Any available antibiotics.
(d) A release of liability.
3. What was Frank Fishbeck's profession?
(a) Los Angeles attorney.
(b) Swedish doctor.
(c) Hong Kong publisher.
(d) British pilot.
4. Boukreev encountered Beck Weathers, asking for Rob Hall. How long had he been waiting for Hall?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. What important decision did Lou Kasischke make?
(a) To push on towards the Summit at a more rapid pace.
(b) To turn on his radio.
(c) To pack an extra oxygen canister.
(d) To turn around and head down the mountain.
6. What peak did Boukreev solo before going to Kathmandu?
7. How did Boukreev die?
(a) He fell off of a mountain cliff.
(b) He got altitude sickness.
(c) He was killed by an avalanche.
(d) He got trapped on a mountain and froze.
8. What date did Boukreev arrive back at Base Camp?
(a) May 12.
(b) May 10.
(c) May 13.
(d) May 11.
9. Who led the lost group in the direction of Camp IV?
10. At what time did Beidleman make it to the South Summit?
(a) 8:45 a.m.
(b) 9:58 a.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 10:35 a.m.
11. All of the following happened at the Balcony except what?
(a) Changing oxygen.
(c) Removing crampons.
(d) Taking pictures.
12. At what time did Madsen, Fox, Gamelgaard, and Pittman make it to the summit?
(a) Between 2:30 and 2:45.
(b) After 3:00.
(c) Between 2:00 and 2:15.
(d) Between 2:15 and 2:30.
13. What item of Andy Harris's was found on the mountain?
(a) His oxygen mask.
(b) His ice axe.
(c) His backpack.
(d) His dog tags.
14. What did Boukreev learn from the Sherpas about Fischer?
(a) That it was too dangerous for another rescue attempt.
(b) That he was on his way to Camp IV.
(c) That the Sherpas believed he had no chance of surviving.
(d) That they were unable to find him.
15. Who was the last to leave Camp IV in Chapter 13, Into the Death Zone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine contacted Boukreev while he was in New Mexico?
2. How many canisters of oxygen were taken by the Sherpas onto the South Summit for Fischer's team?
3. Why did Pittman trek to Pheriche?
4. What odd occurrence disconcerted the Sherpas in Chapter 15, The Last Hundred?
5. How many total hours of oxygen did the Mountain Madness climbers have?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)