|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the Mountain Madness climbers, who was the first to give up the mission?
2. Who led the lost group in the direction of Camp IV?
3. What time was it when Boukreev found Fischer?
4. What strategy did Beidleman recommend while on the South Col?
(a) Everyone for themselves.
(b) Stay together as a group.
(c) Split off into pairs.
(d) Lead the group to safety.
5. What was Rob Hall's turnaround time?
6. What was Boukreev surprised to find at the airport in Kathmandu?
(a) Custom agents.
(b) Fischer's family.
7. At what time did Beidleman make it to the South Summit?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 10:35 a.m.
(c) 8:45 a.m.
(d) 9:58 a.m.
8. What time did Boukreev arrive at Camp IV?
9. What date did Boukreev arrive back at Base Camp?
(a) May 13.
(b) May 11.
(c) May 10.
(d) May 12.
10. What peak did Boukreev solo before going to Kathmandu?
11. What time of day was it, at the beginning of Chapter 12, The Countdown, when Boukreev begins his descent?
12. What did Adams advise Hunt to get from Fischer?
(a) A raise because of the danger of the trip.
(b) Additional oxygen supplies.
(c) Any available antibiotics.
(d) A release of liability.
13. What most likely killed Fischer?
14. At what time did Madsen, Fox, Gamelgaard, and Pittman make it to the summit?
(a) Between 2:00 and 2:15.
(b) Between 2:30 and 2:45.
(c) Between 2:15 and 2:30.
(d) After 3:00.
15. Besides Boukreev, who else was alone in a tent, at the end of Chapter 17, Snowblind?
(a) Doug Hansen.
(b) Beck Weathers.
(c) Lou Kasichke.
(d) Andy Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Fischer in Chapter 20, The Last Attempt, how did Boukreev find his way back to Camp IV?
2. What item of Andy Harris's was found on the mountain?
3. What was the name of the book published about the climb?
4. What did Boukreev search for in Chapter 19, The Rescue Transcript, before going out for another rescue attempt?
5. How many climbers was Hall taking to the Summit?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)