|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first climber to be in distress on the descent of Everest?
2. In Chapter 20, after the Mountain Madness climbers were out of oxygen, who gave them more?
(b) The Tawanese.
(c) Adventure Consultants.
(d) The IMAX team.
3. Finish this phrase from Chapter 13, Into the Death Zone: Two tents. Two different expeditions. Eight climbers. Six votes: ____.
(a) Let's do it.
(c) Good idea.
(d) Bad idea.
4. In Pittman's satellite report in Chapter 13, Into the Death Zone, at Camp III, what did she report she was eating?
(c) Red licorice.
5. How many total hours of oxygen did the Mountain Madness climbers have?
6. Who provided evidence against Boukreev about the fixed ropes?
7. At what time did Beidleman make it to the South Summit?
(a) 8:45 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 10:35 a.m.
(d) 9:58 a.m.
8. At what time did Dr. Hunt talk to Fischer on the Summit?
9. What was happened to Ngawang Topche Sherpa?
(a) He recovered and returned to the mountain.
(b) He had his leg amputated.
(c) He lapsed into a coma.
(d) He stayed in the hospital overnight for monitoring.
10. In Chapter 12, The Countdown, who stopped unexpectedly at Camp I?
11. What did Pittman eat in Pheriche?
(a) Elk and rice.
(b) Venison and lentils.
(c) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(d) Yak steak and french fries.
12. What date did Boukreev arrive back at Base Camp?
(a) May 12.
(b) May 10.
(c) May 13.
(d) May 11.
13. In Chapter 20, The Last Attempt, who escorted the Mountain Madness climbers down?
14. Of the 33 climbers that ascended Mt. Everest on May 10,1996, how many returned?
15. What news did Pemba bring to Boukreev at Camp IV?
(a) Fischer was left on the Balcony.
(b) Fischer was with the group waiting to be rescued.
(c) Fischer was on his way down.
(d) Fischer fell off the cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Sherpas from Hall's group do for Fischer, in Chapter 20, The Last Attempt?
2. What was Hall's response to Kasischke's decision?
3. As a consultant, what kind of plan did Boukreev outline for the Everest climb in 1997?
4. What did Charlotte do for Sandy, in Chapter 17, Snowblind?
5. What was the weather like on May 7th?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)