|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What client was controversial to be included in the Everest climb?
2. What concerned Adams about the way the expedition was being managed?
(a) The physical fitness of the Mountain Madness climbers.
(b) The acclimization plan.
(c) The priority of satellite interviews.
(d) The amout of oxygen that was being used.
3. With whom did Henry Todd have an agreement for oxygen?
4. What type of ladder was used across the crevasses?
5. Boukreev's acclimation plan included how many ascents?
6. Who greeted Boukreev on his descent at Camp II?
(a) The cook.
(b) Nobody was left at the camp.
7. What in flight convenience did Boukreev and Ngima have on their flight to Everest?
(a) Cotton for their ears.
8. How was base camp alerted to the problem with Ngawang Topche Sherpa?
(a) Another Sherpa.
(c) Adventure Consultants.
(d) Satellite phone.
9. What was Bourkeev's role in the book?
(d) Summitt guide.
10. Returning to Camp III at the end of the day, Boukreev was pleased to find how many climbers had reached the camp?
11. What was Bourkreev offered to work for Mountain Madness?
(a) Twice his previous offer.
(b) Half of the previous offer.
(c) $5000 more than the original offer.
12. Which Mountain Madness guide pulled out of the expedition at the last minute?
13. What was the minimum amount of time required to cross the crevices, in Chapter 8, Khumbu to Camp II?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
14. Before the Everest climb, what worried Boukreev?
(a) The intentions of his boss.
(b) The oxygen issue.
(c) The late snow melt.
(d) What he would do after the Everest climb.
15. What was samochuvstvie?
(a) A Russian monetary system.
(b) A slang Russian term for ego.
(c) A Russian term of endearment.
(d) A Russian concept of a person's state of being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5, The Trail to Everest?
2. Why was Boukreev anxious about Lopsang?
3. What was Boukreev's destination at the beginning of Chapter 5, The Trail to Everest?
4. What was Boukreev's greeting to Martin Adams at Camp II?
5. With what aspect did Fischer not agree with Boukreev's acclimation plan?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)