|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lee Gammelgaard from?
2. Boukreev's acclimation plan included how many ascents?
3. With whom did Henry Todd have an agreement for oxygen?
4. What client was controversial to be included in the Everest climb?
5. Who was Bourkreev originally going to work with?
6. Why did Boukreev go to Russia?
(a) To procure additional ropes.
(b) To secure the oxygen deal.
(c) To negotiate funding of the trip.
(d) To organize sponsorship for the climb.
7. How high did Boukreev climb, in Chapter 9, Camp II?
(a) 7,100 meters.
(b) 5,800 meters.
(c) 7,500 meters.
(d) 6,400 meters.
8. What was the fee to climb with Fischer's company?
9. What percentage of the clients did Beidleman believe would succeed?
(a) Two thirds.
(b) One quarter.
(d) One hundred percent.
10. What dangerous mountain is the book about?
(a) Mt. Lassen.
(c) Mt. Everest.
(d) Mt. Hood.
11. What did Boukreev feel it was important to encourage?
(a) Following a structured and set path.
(b) Team members working together.
(c) Reliance on the guides.
(d) Independent action.
12. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
(a) In college.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a supply store.
(d) On a climb.
13. How did Fischer describe Boukreev?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A beast.
(d) An animal.
14. What did the climbers do during their mandatory rest period at Camp II?
(a) Wrote letters to loved ones at home.
(b) Played cards.
(c) Read books and watched movies.
(d) Exercised regularly.
15. What was the advice from base camp for Ngawang Topche Sherpa?
(a) Descend to Base Camp.
(b) Rest at Camp II for the night.
(c) Hot tea.
(d) Intervene with drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Fischer eager to have Krakauer?
2. What type of ladder was used across the crevasses?
3. Where did Boukreev want to get his supplies from?
4. What ailed Beidleman in Chapter 7, Base Camp?
5. How was Sandy Hill Pittman described?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)