|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 11, Toward the Push?
(a) April 21.
(b) April 25.
(c) April 23.
(d) April 27.
2. Whom was Boukreev concerned about, in Chapter 8, Khumbu to Cam II?
(a) None. He was confident in all of the climbers.
(b) Charlotte and Sandy.
(c) Dale and Pete.
(d) Sandy and Lene.
3. What did Fischer say to Boukreev, in Chapter 9, Camp II?
(a) "Anatoli, you did your work magnificenly on the last excursion."
(b) "Anatoli, you did your work carelessly on the last excursion."
(c) "Anatoli, you did your work poorly on the last excursion."
(d) "Anatoli, you did your work well on the last excursion."
4. Why was Fischer eager to have Krakauer?
5. Why did Boukreev go to Russia?
(a) To procure additional ropes.
(b) To negotiate funding of the trip.
(c) To secure the oxygen deal.
(d) To organize sponsorship for the climb.
6. What was the first major obstacle to the climb of Everest?
(a) Lhotse Face.
(b) Namche Bazaar.
(c) Khumbu Ice Fall.
7. How did some describe Boukreev?
8. What did Fischer ask Boukreev to do more of?
(a) Help the clients.
(b) Prepare meals.
(c) Satellite radio interviews with NBC.
(d) Climb higher and set more ropes.
9. When Fischer arrived in Nepal, how many days away were his clients?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. What was the name of Fischer's company?
(a) Adventure Consultants.
(b) Himalyan Guides.
(c) Mountain Madness.
(d) Extreme Sports.
11. What was Karen Dickinson's job at Mountain Madness?
(a) Business manager.
(b) Safety officer.
(c) Equipment manager.
(d) Sponsorship director.
12. How old was Pete Schoening?
13. What piece of equipment was of concern to Boukreev?
14. How high did Boukreev climb, in Chapter 9, Camp II?
(a) 7,500 meters.
(b) 6,400 meters.
(c) 7,100 meters.
(d) 5,800 meters.
15. Before flying to Syangboche, what did Boukreev do?
(a) Socialized with friends.
(b) Read the guiding report.
(c) Prepared plans for the climb.
(d) Got food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous mountain is the book about?
2. What was a typical meal on the mountain?
3. How long did Boukreev allow for his trek to base camp?
4. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
5. Who was quoted about the ethics of taking a client's money when he has little chance of completing the climb?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)