|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many climbers did Neal Beidleman recruit?
2. What was Gammelgaard's reaction to the view of Everest at the Western Cwm?
(a) She wept.
(b) She ignored the view and kept climbing.
(c) She stared in fear.
(d) She fainted.
3. What flow rate did Beidleman turn Pittman's oxygen up to in order to revive her?
4. What was the first priority once the team reached Base Camp?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Taking in the scenery.
(c) Setting up tents.
5. What did Boukreev feel it was important to encourage?
(a) Following a structured and set path.
(b) Independent action.
(c) Reliance on the guides.
(d) Team members working together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fischer describe Boukreev?
2. What outdoor sport did Klev participate in?
3. What did Boukreev give Neal so he could fix ropes?
4. What was the weather like on May 7th?
5. What was Fischer's response to Boukreev's plan to return to Camp IV and await the climbers?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)