|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Ngima Kale and Lopsang Jangbu?
2. What did Boukreev come across in Chapter 9, Camp II?
(a) A package of cigarettes.
(b) A yak carcass.
(c) A tank of oxygen.
(d) A dead body.
3. What was the first priority once the team reached Base Camp?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Setting up tents.
(d) Taking in the scenery.
4. Before flying to Syangboche, what did Boukreev do?
(a) Got food poisoning.
(b) Prepared plans for the climb.
(c) Read the guiding report.
(d) Socialized with friends.
5. On what date did the Mountain Madness climbers reach base camp?
(a) April 10.
(b) April 6.
(c) April 4.
(d) April 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fee to climb with Fischer's company?
2. What was Dale Kruse's profession?
3. How did Beidleman describe the group of people in trouble in Chapter 18, Walk or Crawl?
4. In Chapter 12, The Countdown, who stopped unexpectedly at Camp I?
5. What did the climbers lack to be able to ascend the fixed ropes of the Lhotse Face?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)