|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first priority once the team reached Base Camp?
(b) Setting up tents.
(c) Taking in the scenery.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. What did AMS stand for?
(a) Acute Mountain Sickness.
(b) All Morning Silence.
(c) Aim More Severe.
(d) Altitude Mountain Sickness.
3. What did Pittman eat in Pheriche?
(a) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(b) Yak steak and french fries.
(c) Elk and rice.
(d) Venison and lentils.
4. What was the advice from base camp for Ngawang Topche Sherpa?
(a) Hot tea.
(b) Rest at Camp II for the night.
(c) Descend to Base Camp.
(d) Intervene with drugs.
5. All of the following happened at the Balcony except what?
(a) Taking pictures.
(b) Removing crampons.
(c) Changing oxygen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when the book opens?
2. What was Fischer's response to Boukreev's plan to return to Camp IV and await the climbers?
3. Who sponsored Sandy Hill?
4. What did Boukreev give Neal so he could fix ropes?
5. What did Boukreev feel it was important to encourage?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)