|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when the book opens?
2. Before the planned Everest climb, what high Himalayan peak had Boukreev already committed to help guide a team to climb?
3. What was Dale Kruse's profession?
4. Returning to Camp III at the end of the day, Boukreev was pleased to find how many climbers had reached the camp?
5. The author DeWalt refered to the string of climbers hiking the mountain in Chapter 14, To The South Summit, as what?
(a) The pretzel.
(b) The twisted sister.
(c) The dead man walking.
(d) The snake dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Dr. Hunt talk to Fischer on the Summit?
2. When Fischer arrived in Nepal, how many days away were his clients?
3. Which Mountain Madness guide pulled out of the expedition at the last minute?
4. What did Todd promise to do with the order for Boukreev in Chapter 5, The Trail to Everest?
5. Where was Lee Gammelgaard from?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)