|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many climbers did Neal Beidleman recruit?
2. Why did Boukreev go to Russia?
(a) To secure the oxygen deal.
(b) To negotiate funding of the trip.
(c) To procure additional ropes.
(d) To organize sponsorship for the climb.
3. One guide suggested, "One cannot be certain how any climber will perform. Good climbers sometimes failed, while marginal climbers succeeded through ____."
4. What was the fee to climb with Fischer's company?
5. Before flying to Syangboche, what did Boukreev do?
(a) Got food poisoning.
(b) Socialized with friends.
(c) Read the guiding report.
(d) Prepared plans for the climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
2. How did Fischer describe Boukreev?
3. What was Karen Dickinson's job at Mountain Madness?
4. What season is it when the book opens?
5. What percentage of the clients did Beidleman believe would succeed?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)