|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the advice from base camp for Ngawang Topche Sherpa?
(a) Descend to Base Camp.
(b) Rest at Camp II for the night.
(c) Intervene with drugs.
(d) Hot tea.
2. Who was the founder of Himalayan Guides?
(a) Jon Krakauer.
(b) Rob Hall.
(c) Scott Fischer.
(d) Henry Todd.
3. What was a typical meal on the mountain?
(a) Rice, lentils, soup, and vegetables.
(b) Eggs, sausage, and potatoes.
(c) Pasta, meatballs, and garlic bread.
(d) Steak, potatoes, and toast.
4. What was the first major obstacle to the climb of Everest?
(a) Namche Bazaar.
(b) Lhotse Face.
(c) Khumbu Ice Fall.
5. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
(a) In college.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a supply store.
(d) On a climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jane Bromet's role for Mountain Madness?
2. Where did Boukreev want to get his supplies from?
3. What season is it when the book opens?
4. What was one reoccurring theme in Fischer's interviews with Bromet?
5. What piece of equipment was of concern to Boukreev?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)