|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
(a) In college.
(b) At a supply store.
(c) On a climb.
(d) At a party.
2. What were the ages of Ngima and Lopsang?
(a) 30 and 25.
(b) 35 and 18.
(c) 26 and 23.
(d) 40 and 32.
3. What caused problems on the trek to base camp?
(d) FInancial constraints.
4. Besides Boukreev, who else was alone in a tent, at the end of Chapter 17, Snowblind?
(a) Doug Hansen.
(b) Beck Weathers.
(c) Andy Harris.
(d) Lou Kasichke.
5. What was Frank Fishbeck's profession?
(a) Hong Kong publisher.
(b) British pilot.
(c) Los Angeles attorney.
(d) Swedish doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. One guide suggested, "One cannot be certain how any climber will perform. Good climbers sometimes failed, while marginal climbers succeeded through ____."
2. Of the Mountain Madness climbers, who was the first to give up the mission?
3. How did some describe Boukreev?
4. Before the planned Everest climb, what high Himalayan peak had Boukreev already committed to help guide a team to climb?
5. Which group of people were in favor of turn around times?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)