|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total hours of oxygen did the Mountain Madness climbers have?
2. What did Boukreev do for the clients while setting up Camp II?
(a) He helped them set up their tents.
(c) He told stories around the campfire.
(d) He cooked dinner while the Sherpas helped set up camp.
3. What did Pittman eat in Pheriche?
(a) Venison and lentils.
(b) Elk and rice.
(c) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(d) Yak steak and french fries.
4. On what date did the Mountain Madness climbers reach base camp?
(a) April 10.
(b) April 6.
(c) April 4.
(d) April 8.
5. What did Boukreev feel it was important to encourage?
(a) Team members working together.
(b) Independent action.
(c) Following a structured and set path.
(d) Reliance on the guides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the climbers lack to be able to ascend the fixed ropes of the Lhotse Face?
2. Where did Boukreev first meet Scott Fischer?
3. What time of day was it, at the beginning of Chapter 12, The Countdown, when Boukreev begins his descent?
4. What was Hunt's role for Mountain Madness?
5. What dangerous mountain is the book about?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)